There are 193 users in the forums

The Officially Official Draft Rumors Thread

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for DesiDez.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I hear Carroll and the Seahawks love Clausen at #6 and former USC OT Charles Brown at #14.

49ers have Gerald McCoy #1 on their board and Eric Berry is the only S worth picking in the 1st round and worth trading up for.

Link?

There's a link on the first page, but here you go....

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco/status/9745123656
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when Okung goes to the Lions at #2.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Agree gonna be a wild draft for sure

I hope teams do want to trade up and we trade back in the first and get another 2nd. I think there's tons of players in the 2nd round that would be first rounders in other drafts. The patriots have 3 or 4 picks in the 2nd. I wish that was us.
Here is a list of late risers from Rob Rang's Blog on NFL Draft Scout:

Quarterback Tim Tebow, Florida: You've heard or read the talk everywhere about his rising up draft boards and my sources are confirming the same thing. Tebow is dazzling coaches in interviews, leading some scouts -- who try to show coaches Tebow's flawed film -- frustrated with how quickly and high the former Heisman winner is being moved up the board. According to sources, Tebow is a virtual lock to be off the board by the mid second round and is gaining momentum as a late first round pick.

Defensive Tackle Linval Joseph, East Carolina: Overshadowed a bit at ECU by DE CJ Wilson and DT Jay Ross, Joseph is the one that has the most interesting blend of NFL size (6-5, 328) and athleticism. Scouts would like to see him put it all together and be a more consistent player, but his tools have some clubs talking about him as a potential 2nd round prospect.

Cornerback Alterran Verner, UCLA: Verner can thank gutty, undersized corners like Christopher Owens (3rd round pick by Atlanta in 2009) for his rise up the board. Like Owens, Verner isn't a blazer, but he's highly competitive and has been a consistent standout throughout his career. Scouts are characterizing him as one of the safer cornerbacks in the class and feel that he could earn a similar selection as Owens, who started six games for the Falcons as a rookie.

Cornerback Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt: Following his solid Pro Day performance March 20, I touted Lewis as one of the more underrated defensive backs in the 2010 draft and scouts are telling me that we're still ranking him too low. Lewis starred at cornerback for the Commodores and some teams believe he has the agility to remain at this position in the NFL despite measuring in at 6-2, 203 pounds. We currently have Lewis rated as a free safety and a 4th-5th round pick, but I've spoken to clubs that feel he'll be off the board in the 3rd.

FS Robert Johnson, Utah: Despite not getting invited to the Combine, Johnson is one of the fastest rising names in the draft. He measured in heavier than scouts expected at his Pro Day (6-2, 203 pounds) and turned in blazing times in the short shuttle and 3-cone drills. In fact, his 4.06 second short shuttle and 6.56 second 3-cone times were faster than those recorded by any safety in Indianapolis. A natural ballhawk with 13 interceptions over the past three seasons, Johnson has visited or been privately worked out by a half-dozen teams.

Personally, I like the idea of Johnson at FS along with Goldson with a 3rd or 4th round pick. A NT to backup Aubrayo wouldn't hurt either if the Niners like Joseph.
With trade speculation focusing on Marshawn Lynch, don't forget the Dolphins have been open to dealing RB Ronnie Brown for well over a year.

-schefter

My guess is if Spiller falls to 12 Miami will take him and then trade Brown. Or they could use Brown in order to trade up to get Spiller.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when Okung goes to the Lions at #2.

Not me, you gotta protect that #1 investment. They'll be able to get Cody in the 2nd if they really need a DT.
The Ravens are not expected to pass on Penn State DL Jared Odrick should he be available at the No. 25 overall pick.
Drafting Odrick wouldn't be a great vote of confidence for Paul Kruger, but Odrick could be an immediate every-down player in the Ravens' hybrid defense. It could also allow them to part with overpaid Trevor Pryce. One of the team's scouts recently told the Baltimore Sun that Odrick "plays like a Raven."

I have a feeling he is going sooner than later in the first round.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
The Ravens are not expected to pass on Penn State DL Jared Odrick should he be available at the No. 25 overall pick.
Drafting Odrick wouldn't be a great vote of confidence for Paul Kruger, but Odrick could be an immediate every-down player in the Ravens' hybrid defense. It could also allow them to part with overpaid Trevor Pryce. One of the team's scouts recently told the Baltimore Sun that Odrick "plays like a Raven."

I have a feeling he is going sooner than later in the first round.

I have heard the same thing as well. Odrick will attend the draft in NY so that should indicate how highly he is thought of around the league.

There are quite a few 3-4 teams in the top of the draft like Chiefs, Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Broncos, and dare I say, the 49ers who might be considering Odrick.
From SF Chronicle, David White:

Quote:
Don't cover Oakland anymore, but I keep hearing more and more ... they will indeed draft Maryland OT Bruce Campbell at No. 8. For reals.

From Daniel Jeremiah's Twitter account:

Quote:
Haden, Wilson, Jackson and McCourty are all going to go in the 1st. After those 4, teams differ on who the 5th guy will be.

The Raiders could probably get Campbell in the 2nd.

I've been hearing that Kareem Jackson has also been climbing draft boards and so to is Patrick Robinson.
Bruce Campbell makes sense for Al Davis.

• evil
  • Veteran
More than 10 teams have taken Dez Bryant off their draft boards

Dez could be in for a tumble down into the 20's come next Thursday.
If the Browns are interested in Bradford, could Clausen be an option at 7?
• One guy to keep an eye on as a possible first-round pick that no one is talking about is Virginia cornerback Chris Cook. Cook possesses an elite combination of size and speed for the position and is said to be getting a lot of interest from teams in the back end of round one.
link

He is definitely moving up but first round seems a bit high.
I'm hearing more buzz surrounding O'Brien Shofield. He was projected as a 2nd or possibly 3rd round pick before his injury, and went down all the way to 6th-7th on some boards after his injury. Now, it seems as if he's climbing up, and may come up in the 5th round, or perhaps even the 4th.

As per Daniel Jeremiah's Twitter:

"One very interesting name to follow in the middle rounds--OLB O'brien Schofield... Tore his knee in SR Bowl but a really good player on tape"
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
• One guy to keep an eye on as a possible first-round pick that no one is talking about is Virginia cornerback Chris Cook. Cook possesses an elite combination of size and speed for the position and is said to be getting a lot of interest from teams in the back end of round one.
link

He is definitely moving up but first round seems a bit high.

I have been on this guy for the last week or so. He's 6'2" as CB who could contribute in ST while learning the D. He will be my pick in the second.

Right now my mock is A. Davis, D. Williams, C. Cook, and J. Jerry in the third. I also would take K. Chancellor in the fourth. We would land our OT, NT, CB, OG, and SS all in the first four picks.

I would love Cook in the second!
Share 49ersWebzone