There are 162 users in the forums

The Officially Official Draft Rumors Thread

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
intresting...

only way i see the rams dont take a qb is if they get vick or mcnabb which is a pretty high possibility also if lions trade back im willing to bet they are going to take haden or berry because their secondary is

McNabb to the Rams?
Originally posted by Trajik1:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
intresting...

only way i see the rams dont take a qb is if they get vick or mcnabb which is a pretty high possibility also if lions trade back im willing to bet they are going to take haden or berry because their secondary is

McNabb to the Rams?

hey they were rumors http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=138450
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I hear Carroll and the Seahawks love Clausen at #6 and former USC OT Charles Brown at #14.

49ers have Gerald McCoy #1 on their board and Eric Berry is the only S worth picking in the 1st round and worth trading up for.

Who's your source for this info? A high, reliable source like your barber.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
I hear Carroll and the Seahawks love Clausen at #6 and former USC OT Charles Brown at #14.

49ers have Gerald McCoy #1 on their board and Eric Berry is the only S worth picking in the 1st round and worth trading up for.

Chris Steuber, Scout.com - and he's not a barber, smartass

Want another one? If the 4 top tackles go top 13, and a team like the Seahawks needs a LT, and Pete Carroll is familiar with a former trojan who's probably the best pass protector (yes, potentially the best,), they'll take Charles Brown at 14.

Want another one? If the 4 top tackles go top 13, and a team like the Seahawks needs a LT, and Pete Carroll is familiar with a former trojan who's probably the best pass protector (yes, potentially the best,), they'll take Charles Brown at 14.

ya i think they might especially since charles brown played with him in USC anyone know if he is high on mays? he might go to the hawks at 14 as well

I'd jizz my pants if we traded up for Eric Berry. It'd be nice if we could keep one of our 1sts and get an OT, or get an OT in the 2nd that Solari could get to start from day 1. I would probably jizz my pants repeatedly re-watching "The 49ers select, Eric Berry"

That makes me happy.
If the draft were today the Rams would take Gerald McCoy:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/report-rams-would-take-mccoy-if-draft-were-held-now/
Oklahoma State LT Russell Okung recorded a vertical of 32 1/2" and a broad jump of 8'9" at the Cowboys' Pro Day Wednesday.
The measurements would've ranked in the top ten among offensive linemen at the Combine. Okung is over the groin pull he suffered in Indy. GMs Buddy Nix (Bills), Martin Mayhew (Lions), and Scot McCloughan (49ers) were on hand.

link

Or maybe I should put this in the trade up thread.

Originally posted by foreign49er:

I'd jizz my pants if we traded up for Eric Berry. It'd be nice if we could keep one of our 1sts and get an OT, or get an OT in the 2nd that Solari could get to start from day 1. I would probably jizz my pants repeatedly re-watching "The 49ers select, Eric Berry"

Every day I pray that happens. Trade up for Berry and take best Tackle or Lineman at 17 and get a change of pace back, who can PR/KR, in the later rounds.
Williams before Okung?

Most mock drafts have Oklahoma State's Russell Okung as the choice at No. 4 overall, but NFL Network's Mike Mayock thinks Oklahoma's Trent Williams is the better fit. The reasoning: Williams is more athletic and makes sense in Washington's zone blocking scheme.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/07/mayock-trent-williams-best-fit-for-redskins/

rams - bradford
lions - suh
bucs - mccoy
washington - williams
chiefs - okung or bulaga?
seahawks - either ot left over or berry?

can't wait!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Williams before Okung?

Most mock drafts have Oklahoma State's Russell Okung as the choice at No. 4 overall, but NFL Network's Mike Mayock thinks Oklahoma's Trent Williams is the better fit. The reasoning: Williams is more athletic and makes sense in Washington's zone blocking scheme.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/07/mayock-trent-williams-best-fit-for-redskins/

rams - bradford
lions - suh
bucs - mccoy
washington - williams
chiefs - okung or bulaga?
seahawks - either ot left over or berry?

can't wait!

I like Mayock because of his valid arguments and he sticks to his guns, always. He does have a knack for scouting. He's very detailed in his assessments. If he thinks, that Williams is better for Washingtion than Okung, I can respect that.

However, I still think Okung will go to the Redskins at #4 I almost guarantee this top four:
Bradford
Suh
McCoy
Okung

It is the next two picks after that will get that ball rolling! Heck, who would have thought last year that T. Jackson would go #3, Sanchez #5, and Crabtree #10...

...you just never know and this draft is much more deep than last years.

I could see someone wanting to trade up to land that last OT, QB, or even Spiller.

I believe this draft will have more trades than the previous ones. It's going to be exciting!
Agree gonna be a wild draft for sure
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

Link?
Share 49ersWebzone