There are 189 users in the forums

The Officially Official Draft Rumors Thread

• evil
  • Veteran
Quote:
The Lions, who pick second in the first round, have their fingers crossed that the Rams don’t pick a quarterback so they can trade down with either Cleveland or Buffalo, who apparently are in the quarterback market. The thought process is that new Browns czar Mike Holmgren won’t want to lose his favorite quarterback to Washington and new coach Mike Shanahan. The Redskins are perched at No. 4, three spots ahead of the Browns. The Lions really don’t want to spend $33 million in bonus money on a defensive tackle.

Link-O
intresting...

only way i see the rams dont take a qb is if they get vick or mcnabb which is a pretty high possibility also if lions trade back im willing to bet they are going to take haden or berry because their secondary is
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
intresting...

only way i see the rams dont take a qb is if they get vick or mcnabb which is a pretty high possibility also if lions trade back im willing to bet they are going to take haden or berry because their secondary is

Schwartz loves Delmas so if they take Berry IMO it's as a CB.
Think the Browns guy is Bradford for Clausen?
This just in the 49ers are definently looking for an offensive tackle somewhere in this draft.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
intresting...

im pretty sure they can pair delmas and berry in the secondary but i think you have a fair point i think they would try to trade down again (maybe with us) and try to pick up haden
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
intresting...

im pretty sure they can pair delmas and berry in the secondary but i think you have a fair point i think they would try to trade down again (maybe with us) and try to pick up haden

If Berry would be there why not ? With all the holes they have they sure could stand to accumulate as many picks in the 1st 3 rounds as possible.
Originally posted by filthydogma:
This just in the 49ers are definently looking for an offensive tackle somewhere in this draft.

Nice
Originally posted by filthydogma:

no way we have the best o line in league :P
I hear Carroll and the Seahawks love Clausen at #6 and former USC OT Charles Brown at #14.

49ers have Gerald McCoy #1 on their board and Eric Berry is the only S worth picking in the 1st round and worth trading up for.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Mar 2, 2010 at 19:34:35 ]

I also heard Schefter say on the radio that there are teams in the lower part of the 1st round (Chargers are one of the teams), who would be willing to give their 1st round pick for to the Rams for Steven Jackson.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I hear Carroll and the Seahawks love Clausen at #6 and former USC OT Charles Brown at #14.

49ers have Gerald McCoy #1 on their board and Eric Berry is the only S worth picking in the 1st round and worth trading up for.

We have McCoy rated #1 over Suh? Dang... McCoy is a great player though. I think we're making a mistake by not valuing Earl Thomas as a 1st, that kid is the next Ed Reed IMO. Where'd you hear this stuff bro?

I don't see McCoy in a 3-4 scheme. He's game is speed and generating a pass rush not holding the point of attack. He maybe a quality 3-4 DE but drafting him 2nd would not be a great investmen in picks to move up or the money investment.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

We have McCoy rated #1 over Suh? Dang... McCoy is a great player though. I think we're making a mistake by not valuing Earl Thomas as a 1st, that kid is the next Ed Reed IMO. Where'd you hear this stuff bro?

One of Maiocco's Tweets

I realize it's one of Maiocco's opinion but I think there's some truth to it because the 49ers don't honestly believe any of them will fall to #13.

also, McCoy is a better pass rusher, disruptive player while Suh is strong at the POA and against the run. McCoy is more like Warren Sapp and Suh is more like Kevin Williams. The Rams like McCoy better than Suh as well because of the pass rush.

I also think McCoy could play the 3-4 DE because we play a one gap scheme and he's a better pass rusher than Suh.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

One of Maiocco's Tweets

I realize it's one of Maiocco's opinion but I think there's some truth to it because the 49ers don't honestly believe any of them will fall to #13.

also, McCoy is a better pass rusher, disruptive player while Suh is strong at the POA and against the run. McCoy is more like Warren Sapp and Suh is more like Kevin Williams. The Rams like McCoy better than Suh as well because of the pass rush.

I also think McCoy could play the 3-4 DE because we play a one gap scheme and he's a better pass rusher than Suh.

Thanks man. I remember reading here somewhere from a poster(not MM or MB or anything) that Bradford was the niners #1 ranked player, guess that guy was full of it haha(I figured anyway). I would love to have McCoy but if we got him we'd have to switch to a 4-3 to take advantage of his skills. Trading up for Berry would be sick too. If we have Haden ranked in the top 5 like MM said I wonder if he's the pick.
Share 49ersWebzone