LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

If Dez Bryant falls to 13

If Dez Bryant falls to 13

Crabtree, Davis, Bryant and Morgan would be utterly insane. Please don't quote the Lions. To re-iterate...The Lion's problem was drafting BAD receivers, NOT drafting too many good receivers.

With 2 first round picks, this may be a luxury we can afford.

I don't think there's any chance he falls, but just want to gauge how people view need vs talent
no
No, we've avoided our OL and pass rush for too long.
Talk about a wasted pick! No, we have bigger needs.

For the 49ers, Spiller is the better pick at 13 if you are looking for BPA.
Never show your hand.......Trade Bait maybe..?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'd bet Baltimore would offer a nice trade for him, be worth looking at.
I'm shocked. A) since when is receiver not a need for us? We need playmakers. Sure Crabtree and Davis are on board now, but can anyone really say we can't use more? B) this is one of the 6/7 most talented players in the draft (Suh, McCoy, Berry, Haden, JPP, Bryant)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I wouldn't mind Spiller/Bryant at #13.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I'm shocked. A) since when is receiver not a need for us? We need playmakers. Sure Crabtree and Davis are on board now, but can anyone really say we can't use more? B) this is one of the 6/7 most talented players in the draft (Suh, McCoy, Berry, Haden, JPP, Bryant)

OL and pass rush are greater needs.
We have talented receivers. We don't have an O-line that can stop the rush to give Smith enough time to throw to them, or a CoP back that can switch up our too-predictable offense.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Take him!

Bryant bigger/better addition than Spiller IMO.

Bryant will see the field a whole lot more while still adding playmaking abilities. He can return punts and would allow us to leave Morgan returning kicks.

This will also allow us to add a speed back who will only see the field 7-10 times a game later in the draft.
Originally posted by krizay:
Take him!

Bryant will see the field a whole lot more while still adding playmaking abilities. He can return punts and would allow us to leave Morgan returning kicks.

This will also allow us to add a speed back who will only see the field 7-10 times a game later in the draft.

They don't want a starting WR returning punts and kicks.
I honestly don't think he's gonna be a good player in the league. Pass
Personally, if the team is going to consider it, I'd much rather just send that pick to the Broncos for Marshall. Best case, Bryant turns out to be similar to Marshall. For the money, and security, just trade for Marshall. He's the real deal.

Brandon Marshall and Crabtree would strike fear in defenses. How could they contain Vernon and Gore with those freaks spread out wide?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Originally posted by krizay:
Take him!

They don't want a starting WR returning punts and kicks.

If Bryant is there I am buying all day long. I wouldn't be taking him with the mindset that he would be used in the return game, there are plenty of prospects in the middle rounds who could be drafted for such a role.

Bryant should be a no brainer regardless of the fact that we took a WR at 10 last year. There would be a lot less of 7 and 8 men fronts in the box when Smith gets under center or is sitting in the shotgun. Smith also excels in a spread style system so giving him another big time threat on the outside would put him in a position to succeed, help us move the chains and put points on the board on a more consistent basis.
Share 49ersWebzone