There are 172 users in the forums

Which network has better overall NFL Draft Coverage?

Which network has better overall NFL Draft Coverage?

Originally posted by smileyman:
Love NFLN. They could do with some better analysts but I love Mayock. I think LaConfora is pretty good too when they have him on. Not convinced yet about Lombardi. I also like Baldinger and Brian Billick.

ESPN isn't immune to this either but I hate how many ex-athletes they have as analysts. Being a former athlete doesn't make you a good or even decent analyst.

I believe that Howard Cosell called it the "jockocracy" and hated it.

I never hear anything Baldinger ever says because I can't get past his disgusting pinky

And when anyone else talks, he's constantly saying "mm hmm, mm hmm, mm hmm."
Another reason I like NFLN is that they bring Charlie Casserly in around draft time. I find his perspective to be very insightful.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Another reason I like NFLN is that they bring Charlie Casserly in around draft time. I find his perspective to be very insightful.

Yup, just watched the video about this draft being as deep if not better than 1983. Hopefully with 3 picks in the top 50, the Niners won't screw it up.
NFL network by far. I don't get that channel though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like ESPN best. Guess I'm just used to Boomer and Kiper.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I hate NFL network the only time i watch it is when they have games on

You don't get the channel do you? Because if you did you'd be hooked...

I 2nd that! I TiVo NFL Total Access every day!
NFL network hands down!!!!!!!! best combine coverage. come draft day i switch it back & forth cause i like to hear Kiper sound like a f*g!

same here. plus i hope they have Corey Chavous on there too. He was one of the main reason why i enjoyed ESPN's coverage the past few years before the NFLN showed up
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Love NFLN. They could do with some better analysts but I love Mayock. I think LaConfora is pretty good too when they have him on. Not convinced yet about Lombardi. I also like Baldinger and Brian Billick.

ESPN isn't immune to this either but I hate how many ex-athletes they have as analysts. Being a former athlete doesn't make you a good or even decent analyst.

I never hear anything Baldinger ever says because I can't get past his disgusting pinky

Would you believe that I've never actually noticed that?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Do you ever seriously give your own opinion when you start your polls before you get a page or 2 of responses because I have never EVER seen you do so.

Maybe he has no opinions and relies on the webzone to form his opinions for him...

I honestly swear up and down he does. He has been a member for f**king ever and has always flooded the boards with polls where he gives no personal opinion then pops back in a day or 2 later sharing the same sentiment as the majority.

GTSCH a long time vet who is now banned blasted this guy like you have never seen, and another cat (can't remember the other cats name but it started with T also) and got heavily warned back in the day because he grew so tired of these opinion-less posts. Dude was also a heavy V-Tech homer and led the draft Jimmy Williams bandwagon around here for a hot minute.

Who cares?

[ Edited by TlSSER on Feb 27, 2010 at 10:03:59 ]

I agree and Charles Davis is a good analyst also. NFLN is the best
NFL Network because of Mayock. He's an a-hole but the guy knows what he's talking about. Kiper's and a-hole who doesn't know what he's talking about. Berman's good though; entertaining.
well considering the channel the nfl network would be on IF my cable had them. and considering all the "insightful and over the top production."....i think i will watch the blue screen nfln, and follow the draft online.
Its gotta be the NFL network. Its not like they have much else going on.
Originally posted by TX9R:
ESPN has far better production, NFLN just looks 3rd rate and they have shuffled people on and off so much there's really no continuity in their coverage. I like Mayock and hope they have Corey Chavous on like they did for SR Bowl, he knows his stuff.
I generally try and watch both, ESPN has a tendency to focus on a few stories over and over (Brady Quinn comes to mind) and not do enough analysis of each pick. I think having Schefter now gives them the edge though.
NFLN just needs to add more guys who know their stuff and less talking heads like fat mouth Dukes and Deon. Adding some ex GM/ scout types and having the same guys every year would make it far better. But I'm not the majority and most probably like the more blow hard types.

This sums it up real well.
Share 49ersWebzone