There are 304 users in the forums

Which network has better overall NFL Draft Coverage?

Which network has better overall NFL Draft Coverage?

I'll take NFL Network every time. I'm a big fan of Mike Mayock, plus Kiper and McShay get on my damn nerves.
Not even close. Just like the Sr. Bowl, NFL network actually had people there.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Do you ever seriously give your own opinion when you start your polls before you get a page or 2 of responses because I have never EVER seen you do so.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Not even close. Just like the Sr. Bowl, NFL network actually had people there.

it will obviously always be this way too. Why would the nfl give another network better coverage over their own? Even if the other network had better scouts, analysists, everything, NFL network will always have better access.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Do you ever seriously give your own opinion when you start your polls before you get a page or 2 of responses because I have never EVER seen you do so.

Maybe he has no opinions and relies on the webzone to form his opinions for him...
Ill take ESPN besides Mayock I really don't take anybody else's opinion on the draft that seriously on NFLN. While i pretty much take everybody on ESPN serious to a certain extent. ESPN problem is sometimes they just go over the top with like 4 different casts of folks all saying the same thing. But I think ESPN breaks down players with film better than the NFLN who seems to just skip over a lot of players. I switch between both though. It's not like folks make it to seem like it's a war you have to hate ESPN to like NFLN or vice versa.

Who cares?
NFL Network. The only time I even watch ESPN is when the NFL network goes to commercial on draft day.
I hate NFL network the only time i watch it is when they have games on

[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 24, 2010 at 09:46:41 ]

When the 49ers first announced their 2009 draft party, they said that ESPN would be shown on their big screens but eventually switched to the NFL Network. Probably because Baldinger was doing a behind the scenes for the Network but the difference is undeniable. The addition of Adam Schefter helps ESPN considerably but the NFL Network is a growing Titan and has by far better coverage.
  • Money
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Who cares?
Originally posted by valrod33:
I hate NFL network the only time i watch it is when they have games on

You don't get the channel do you? Because if you did you'd be hooked...

Maybe he doesn't want to show bias before people vote
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
ESPN has far better production, NFLN just looks 3rd rate and they have shuffled people on and off so much there's really no continuity in their coverage. I like Mayock and hope they have Corey Chavous on like they did for SR Bowl, he knows his stuff.
I generally try and watch both, ESPN has a tendency to focus on a few stories over and over (Brady Quinn comes to mind) and not do enough analysis of each pick. I think having Schefter now gives them the edge though.
NFLN just needs to add more guys who know their stuff and less talking heads like fat mouth Dukes and Deon. Adding some ex GM/ scout types and having the same guys every year would make it far better. But I'm not the majority and most probably like the more blow hard types.
Share 49ersWebzone