LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

Myron Rolle

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I want Winners! not Doctors

I agree, He's TOO Smart...6th and later
Originally posted by znk916:
Think he had 1 int in college and that was back in '06 so...

SHUTDOWN CORNER.... CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
He was a top 5 high school player, so he definitely has talent. I would take him in the 3rd or 4th.
Originally posted by LilAzn9er:
He was a top 5 high school player, so he definitely has talent. I would take him in the 3rd or 4th.

And that means what?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by LilAzn9er:

And that means what?
Originally posted by irishluder:

really? this is an honest thought?

unbelievable.
i truly think after his combine & pro day his stock will fly high! he is freakin smart plus football smart, comes from an athletic family! dude will be solid! i hope we go get him!
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

Taylor Mays had only 5 INTs in 4 years of playing time and 3 of those came in his freshman year.

In three years of play that means Mays had 2 INTs vs 1 INT in 3 years of play for Rolle.
Originally posted by smileyman:

Taylor Mays had only 5 INTs in 4 years of playing time and 3 of those came in his freshman year.

In three years of play that means Mays had 2 INTs vs 1 INT in 3 years of play for Rolle.

Well the argument is basically that for Rolle, he never had that pass rush from his defensive line to cause the other team to throw interceptions. That being said, Mayock thinks he is stiff in the hips.

Mays was asked to play more in deep coverage after his freshman year. I think that influenced him and he started looking for making the big hit rather than the interception. He has the speed and the size. I think with the proper coaching that Mays can be a pretty good player in the NFL.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by E-49er:

Well the argument is basically that for Rolle, he never had that pass rush from his defensive line to cause the other team to throw interceptions. That being said, Mayock thinks he is stiff in the hips.

Mays was asked to play more in deep coverage after his freshman year. I think that influenced him and he started looking for making the big hit rather than the interception. He has the speed and the size. I think with the proper coaching that Mays can be a pretty good player in the NFL.

I agree about Mays. Just illustrating a point and playing devil's advocate.

Originally posted by E-49er:

I agree about Mays. Just illustrating a point and playing devil's advocate.

Its all good bro. Just presenting both sides of the argument.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by irishluder:

really? this is an honest thought?

unbelievable.

Obviously, someone doesn't have Myron Rolle's problem.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
He's nothing special.
I would take Rolle in a hot second. I hope the concerns about his "dedication" to football over academics and other thing after a pro career really do make him a 4th/5th round prospect.

I'd LOVE to get him in the 4th or later. It would enable us to address other needs and get a steal late in the draft to help our secondary.
However, based on his talent (mental and physical) alone, and what he would bring to the team, I'd easily take him in the 3rd and any place after and be thrilled to have him on my team.

And the only reason I wouldn't take him sooner, is right now, it seems like that's where he'd be a reasonable pick. If he ends up ranked higher, I'd have no problem t
  • xjaxja
  • Info N/A
Rolle has a lot of up side potential. He play only 2 seasons for FSU and was a tackling machine. I think if we drafted him he would be a great SS with his size, speed and brains. Mostly from what I have seen is that he may go as high as the 2nd round, based on his Combine. Even If we took him in the 2nd, it wouldn't be a bad pick up for a starting SS with Lewis' injury history.

Berry vs Rolle would be a great draft day debate to have to worry about if you were Singletary and McCloughan. If berry is off the board, then you could get Rolle later. If Berry is the best on the Board and they take him, then later Rolle is the best on the board and they take him. All is does is improves our secondary.

Plus, Rolle has the character that Singletary likes and he doesn't come with a rap sheet or known to be a problem child.
Share 49ersWebzone