LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

Myron Rolle

What round is Myron projected to be drafted?

Is he a FS or a SS in the NFL?

Thanks for the responses!
SS

Depending how he does at the combine he could rise quickly (I'm thinking 3rdish). At this point he's a bit of a wild card, could go anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th. One of the questions about him will be how long he would like to play, the kid has bigger goals well beyond the NFL. Would he play for 5 years then go be a doctor....? Or would he play for as long as he can then go into med school? Its amazing, the kid doesn't need the NFL, he's going to go in for fun!!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
John Frank all over again.
Originally posted by jreff22:
SS

Depending how he does at the combine he could rise quickly (I'm thinking 3rdish). At this point he's a bit of a wild card, could go anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th. One of the questions about him will be how long he would like to play, the kid has bigger goals well beyond the NFL. Would he play for 5 years then go be a doctor....? Or would he play for as long as he can then go into med school? Its amazing, the kid doesn't need the NFL, he's going to go in for fun!!

Very nice choices for Rolle to have. Hope he has success in NFL.
SS

and he definitely will make more in a short time than he would by going to be a doctor. Thing is that differs him from a lot of these nfl players, he's smart enough not to blow the $$$$. (or you'd hope given his academic prowess)
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
SS

and he definitely will make more in a short time than he would by going to be a doctor. Thing is that differs him from a lot of these nfl players, he's smart enough not to blow the $$$$. (or you'd hope given his academic prowess)

I can see him playing long enough to have enough money to pay for all of med school, clear all his credit, buy a vehicle and a "starter home", and have spending cash for that time until he's a Doctor. The kid will be set for life!!
I think we should draft this guy. Maybe he falls to the second round? Dude seems like an extremely intelligent player which is something we could really use. He reminds me of an Ed Reed type player. I think Singletary would love this guy and do wonders with him. The only problem is that he might leave for medical school if things dont work out. its the committment to football thing. He wants to both be a football player and a doctor. Maybe he can be our trainer too? :)
he's projected to be a 4th or 5th rounder. i wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 3rd day (rounds 4-7)
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
He's very well spoken in interviews. I'd love to have him in the 3rd/4th
I want Winners! not Doctors

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

what if his name was Dr Winner
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

what if his name was Dr Winner

Dr Wiener?
drafting him in the 2nd is a major reach.
If the Niners drafted him he could double as part of the medical staff, so if someone gets injured on the field he could diagnose them.

Seriously though, he is worth a late flier.
Think he had 1 int in college and that was back in '06 so...

Share 49ersWebzone