There are 224 users in the forums

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

If you guys who are able to watch the combine and give us fellas at work the low down on guys who impress or disappoint, IT WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED!!!

DISCUSS
  • evil
  • Veteran
Tweet Tweet Tweet ;

Quote:
NFLDraftBible

Combine Breeze: Whispers at Indy are that Brian Westbrook could land in Minny to replace Chester Taylor...seems like a logical fit.

And as I posted in the other thread ....Veldheer's 6'8 frame has some short ass arms at 33'.
McCloughan Q&A From Rob Rang:

49er's thinking RB early?

[ Edited by KezarLivin on Feb 25, 2010 at 08:58:38 ]
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Veldheer measures in at 6"8 312 pounds but only his arm length is only 33 inches. Ouch.

That's pretty short for a guy as tall as he is.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Some other numbers on the OT's

Charles Brown USC 6"5_303_35¼

Bryan Bulaga Iowa 6"5_n/a_33¼

Bruce Campbell Maryland 6'6_314_36¼

Anthony Davis Rutgers 6'5_323_36

Russell Okung Oklahoma State 6'5_307_36

Trent Williams Oklahoma 6"4_315_34¼
Originally posted by maximill15:
If you guys who are able to watch the combine and give us fellas at work the low down on guys who impress or disappoint, IT WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED!!!

DISCUSS

No workouts actually happen til Saturday but I got you.

And I was listening to Mel Kiper talk about the interview process. Basically explaining that everything is in the eye of the beholder. One team will love a guy while another team will hate a guy for the exact same actions. I had no idea that teams go to such lengths in the interviews. He says a lot of teams get severely personal with players. They say demeaning things about there families, and friends, call out there girlfriends, or just say anything to see how a guy responds. He said one team loved a guy b/c he got up to hit one of the coaches for talking about his mother(b/c he showed aggression and wouldn't take disrespect), while another team said they hated the same guy b/c he confronted their coach when pressed(b/c he showed lack of control and self discipline).
bruce campbell got some long arms

I think it was Gofd that said Campbell was really raw, but I feel more confident about Solari coaching him so I wouldn't mind picking him as of now
My only problem with Campbell is his durability.
Originally posted by teeohh:
bruce campbell got some long arms

I think it was Gofd that said Campbell was really raw, but I feel more confident about Solari coaching him so I wouldn't mind picking him as of now

I say I watched him play about 6/7 times this year and on the field the guy just wasn't to impressive. I could careless about how long his arms are. I just never really seen him play with a mean streak and dominate. he would have one good series then the next series look like his feet are stuck in the mud. But the guy can be coached up I just wouldn't touch him in the 1st round. T
Some other numbers on the OT's

Charles Brown USC 6"5_303_35¼

Bryan Bulaga Iowa 6"5_n/a_33¼

Bruce Campbell Maryland 6'6_314_36¼

Anthony Davis Rutgers 6'5_323_36

Russell Okung Oklahoma State 6'5_307_36

Trent Williams Oklahoma 6"4_315_34¼

I'm glad to see Charles Brown at 303. I started to wonder why he skipped the Senior Bowl and I thought that he probably was using the offseason to gain more weight. Plus, he has two more months to continue gaining more weight. He's on the rise.

Originally posted by smileyman:
Veldheer measures in at 6"8 312 pounds but only his arm length is only 33 inches. Ouch.

That's pretty short for a guy as tall as he is.

From Barrows

* It doesn't sound as if the 49ers are interested in Texas safety Earl Thomas, at least not in the first round. McCloughan reiterated his stance that bigger is better when it comes to draftees. "We believe in bigger corners," he said. "You have to have size and you have to have power to be a contender year in and year out."

From Maicoo

Oklahoma OT Trent Williams could be on the 49ers' radar in the first round. His agent is Eugene Parker, who represents Michael Crabtree.

I asked Trent Williams about Eugene Parker's history of not getting draft picks to camp on time. Said Williams, "I'll make that decision."
Originally posted by jreff22:
From Barrows

* It doesn't sound as if the 49ers are interested in Texas safety Earl Thomas, at least not in the first round. McCloughan reiterated his stance that bigger is better when it comes to draftees. "We believe in bigger corners," he said. "You have to have size and you have to have power to be a contender year in and year out."

From Maicoo

Oklahoma OT Trent Williams could be on the 49ers' radar in the first round. His agent is Eugene Parker, who represents Michael Crabtree.

I asked Trent Williams about Eugene Parker's history of not getting draft picks to camp on time. Said Williams, "I'll make that decision."

I think Thomas is just small to be SS for a long period of time in the NFL. size does matter but at the same time you need speed to go along with that size and this secondary really needs some speed.

and I don't think the Niners are concerned at all about who a draftees agent. Just pick the player you want.
Originally posted by lamontb:
From Barrows

From Maicoo

I think Thomas is just small to be SS for a long period of time in the NFL. size does matter but at the same time you need speed to go along with that size and this secondary really needs some speed.

and I don't think the Niners are concerned at all about who a draftees agent. Just pick the player you want.

I'm not saying the same thing would happen, but scouts and teams are going to be thinking about Bob Sanders when they see Earl Thomas and whether or not he can be durable in the pros. Thomas' best bet would be to have a good 40 times and maybe switch to corner.
From Barrows

From Maicoo

That is freaking awesome. I wish more rookies would take that stance. Hopefully he lives up to his words and doesn't back pedal or let his agent talk him out of it.
Share 49ersWebzone