LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

Draft that guy :)
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Al Davis is now wanting to Draft Spiller! haha
Ben Tate with a 4.45. Really good day for all the big RBs here. Not so much for some of the smaller guys though... This is going to go be a damn good class of RBs. Spiller, Gerhart, Best, Dwyer, Matthews, Tate could be pretty good, etc.
Spillers burst is awesome. There is no doubt in my mind I would take him at 13.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Spillers burst is awesome. There is no doubt in my mind I would take him at 13.

But, he's too small for our team, remember.
not that i wouldnt mind getting spiller because he is an excellent player but when did a back up running back and a return man become a top 15 need id rather trade down and get best and pick up another second to be honest

i just think that we have more important needs then spending a top 15 pick on spiller
Originally posted by teeohh:
LSU S Chad Jones (6-2, 221) has his weight down and looks impressive. He said he's scheduled to meet with 49ers tonight.

I hope he falls to our 2nd round pick
Best comes back with his 2nd unofficial at 4.33 even though he stumbled at the start
Best with a 4.33!!!!
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
If we don't get Spiller with the 13th or 17th. I don't mind getting best with our second round pick if he is still there.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Holy shiiiiite a 4.53 for Gerhart. He's one of the fastest big backs here. What you guys think about him?

I'd love to have him on our team. He's a f*cking monster.

Yup. I wonder if this bumps him up to around the end of the 1st round though? The only real questions people had about the guy is his speed, and now everyone sees he's faster than most of the guys who were supposed to be more athletic and stronger than him. Plus he's a big back kind of like a baby Brandon Jacobs. I really would like to see either Gerhart, Spiller, or Best on this team next year.

He'll go mid 2nd at the latest. If he somehow falls to us, I'll giggle my @ss off. The guy is tailor made for a 2-back system. There are many who will question his burst at the next level regardless. Best's speed definitely vaulted him up. He'd make one helluva Niner, too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Gerhart exceeded my expectations.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If we needed just a Rb only I might take Best, but since we need a KR/PR I'll take Spiller.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
We should draft John Connor. He's the future leader of the resistance.
Originally posted by mayo63:
If we needed just a Rb only I might take Best, but since we need a KR/PR I'll take Spiller.

Me too!
Share 49ersWebzone