LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Glory's 9er mock v1.0

Glory's 9er mock v1.0

1a. Trent Williams...fit him in at RT and let Gore go crazy. If Chilo can improve at RG, look out for the right side of our line.

1b. Suprise pick--Golden Tate WR. I don't really like our other options besides Crabs at WR. Tate is an aggressive playmaker with SPEED. His presence will keep defenses very conservative and open up our playbook.

2. Devin McCourty CB--superb tackler (can you say atlanta 45-10), athletic man coverage CB. Heck he can even return some kicks if needed. But this boy has what it takes to be a legit NFL CB and he'll start for us in 1-2 years. One of the all time great defensive players out of Rutgers.

3. Mike Johnson OG--solid technician with good size and understands the game. Excellent work ethic. He'll get even better when works himself up to be stronger physically. He'll be great depth for the oline.

4. Joe McKnight RB---our offense just became so much faster with the addition of Tate and now McKnight. McKnight is an athletic talent that is that has been clocked at 4.37. We'll bring him in slowly but give him open space and he'll make defenders look silly.

5. Rennie Curran LB---more of a special teams player at first...a bit undersized for our defense--but this dude is a thumper with a tremendous motor. He'll give us some much needed speed for the defense as well.

6. Larry Asante---ballhawking SS that has a lot of a potential. Granted he was playing behind the best dline in college football but he made plays consistently.

7. How's Joe Nedney's hamstring? Leigh Tiffin, K, from Alabama?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Swapping out Williams for Bulaga would make me happier but overall
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
1a. Trent Williams...fit him in at RT and let Gore go crazy. If Chilo can improve at RG, look out for the right side of our line.

1b. Suprise pick--Golden Tate WR. I don't really like our other options besides Crabs at WR. Tate is an aggressive playmaker with SPEED. His presence will keep defenses very conservative and open up our playbook.

2. Devin McCourty CB--superb tackler (can you say atlanta 45-10), athletic man coverage CB. Heck he can even return some kicks if needed. But this boy has what it takes to be a legit NFL CB and he'll start for us in 1-2 years. One of the all time great defensive players out of Rutgers.

3. Mike Johnson OG--solid technician with good size and understands the game. Excellent work ethic. He'll get even better when works himself up to be stronger physically. He'll be great depth for the oline.

4. Joe McKnight RB---our offense just became so much faster with the addition of Tate and now McKnight. McKnight is an athletic talent that is that has been clocked at 4.37. We'll bring him in slowly but give him open space and he'll make defenders look silly.

5. Rennie Curran LB---more of a special teams player at first...a bit undersized for our defense--but this dude is a thumper with a tremendous motor. He'll give us some much needed speed for the defense as well.

6. Larry Asante---ballhawking SS that has a lot of a potential. Granted he was playing behind the best dline in college football but he made plays consistently.

7. How's Joe Nedney's hamstring? Leigh Tiffin, K, from Alabama?

I know i'm one of the few that would actually like the Tate pick but i wouldn't be mad at it.

But the McCourty pick......... I think our CB's are alright with Clements, Spencer, Bly and Brown. But that's just me.

I'd be happy with this. But replacing McCourty with Best or McCluster. and McKnight with and me really likes
Don't like the Tate pick w/1B..
not really feeling it, Dont want another wr in 1st...we need an impact player elsewhere, RB/RS Spiller, OLB Graham, FS Thomas, OG Iupati

Of course taking Williams or Bulaga at #13 is a must... I like what people are saying about Bulaga.

I gave it a C
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I say get an OG in Free Agency like a Stephen Neal/Eugene Amano/Brian Williams

Then change your 2nd round pick to McCluster. Our offense would be sick!
you get a B-grade from me because you take golden tate with our 2nd firstrounder. I dont see tate as a strong firstround-prospect so far...and i dont see WR as such a big need so that we would take one in the first round.
i nearly wanted to give you C-grade because i think that you to consider even our NT as a future need, that means I would prefer a NT if it comes down to bpa=wr or nt". i think that good nose tackles dont grow on trees.
if we really should get a shot at dan williams, i wont be angry if they draft him.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

switch it to Iupati or Spiller and your good
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by lamontb:

switch it to Iupati or Spiller and your good

agree...We'd become the Lion's with another WR in the first round. Spiller would be a very interesting pick. And Iupati would fill in another need.

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I like this pick.

Quote:

Don't like this one. I want us to pick up some WRs but later in the draft.

Quote:

Don't like this one. We need safety help, not CB help.

Quote:

I'm ok with both these.

Quote:

5th and 6th rounds are roll-the-dice rounds so I have no problems with these.

Overall a C. You've addressed some issues (RT and Guard) but have overaddressed others (No need for another 1st round WR or a 2nd round CB), and left other needs until the late rounds which are hit or miss prospects.
Grade: B.

Here's my constructive critique on this:

*Some very good picks, however, I think it's very unlikely Curran falls that far. I believe he'll go within the first 3 rounds. Also as mentioned, Curran would be underutilized in our system. In a mock, you aim to predict Scot's moves -- we just wouldn't be selecting a player like Curran.

*Would have liked to see DL addressed somewhere.

*After Tate and McCourty, the McKnight picks becomes a tad unlikely in addition to being a little overkill on KR/PR guys. Joe would be the 3rd or 4th back. The team isn't going to pack it in on Coffee after a rookie season following his entry to the draft a year early.

*Can't see us drafting a kicker. Some additional OL, DL, or ILB/OLB depth might be better here, but that's just me being nitpicky in the 7th.

But a B is still good. It'd need to be virtually flawless to get an A -- I'm just a tough grader.
Here's my final mock based on how I think the 1st round will go up to SF's pick. Only two guys remain in my mock from the initial version (McKnight and Asante).

1. St. Louis Sam Bradford, QB
2. Detroit Russell Okung, OT
3. Tampa Bay Ndamukong Suh, DT
4. Washington Trent Williams, OT
5. Kansas City Eric Berry, FS
6. Seattle Bryan Bulaga, OT
7. Cleveland CJ Spiller, RB
8. Oakland Gerald McCoy, DT
9. Buffalo Jimmy Clausen, QB
10. Jacksonville Derrick Morgan, DE
11. Denver Rolando McClain, LB
12. Miami Earl Thomas, FS