There are 302 users in the forums

PFW says we go Clausen/Iupati in the 1st?!

if he is there by 13 then the vikings would pay a fortune to trade up to us they know seattle would take him with the pick after so we trade back if he does
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
if he is there by 13 then the vikings would pay a fortune to trade up to us they know seattle would take him with the pick after so we trade back if he does

Even if they did, would it be worth it? Sort of fair value would be their first and second. It would be a bit low, but in the ball park. I certainly wouldn't do it for that. Maybe if they threw in their 3rd, but still, you are missing out on a top play and getting a couple VERY late round picks.

Maybe if they also included a second rounder for next year instead of a 3rd this year. But still, that's trading back quite a ways.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

Even if they did, would it be worth it? Sort of fair value would be their first and second. It would be a bit low, but in the ball park. I certainly wouldn't do it for that. Maybe if they threw in their 3rd, but still, you are missing out on a top play and getting a couple VERY late round picks.

Maybe if they also included a second rounder for next year instead of a 3rd this year. But still, that's trading back quite a ways.

13= 1150
30 (620) 62(284) + 94 (124) = 1028

They would likely have to offer 2010 + 2011 1st round pick or 2010 1st round pick + 2010 2nd round pick + 2011 2nd round pick to have similar values according to the chart.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

13= 1150
30 (620) 62(284) + 94 (124) = 1028

They would likely have to offer 2010 + 2011 1st round pick or 2010 1st round pick + 2010 2nd round pick + 2011 2nd round pick to have similar values according to the chart.

I don't think we'll be trading for future picks unless we are getting an amazing deal. Everyone in the organization knows this year presents the best opportunity to win the division. I fully expect us to be in win now mode (similar to the offseason where we signed Clements and Lewis and draft Willis and Staley).
Ugh...Clausen? Is this what it has come down to? I really don't like clausen. He did not impress me in college at all and I don't think he is that accurate. This QB class is weak so I don't see the Niners taking a QB plus think about it. Alex Smith, Davis and a rookie as the QB's. I think we actually sign a veteran QB but probably not a big name one. I really hope we go Spiller if he is there and an Olineman in the first. If Spiller is not there take an Olineman with the first pick and trade down in the first and pick up an extra pick then we can pick up 2 ol or safety/ol in the first and kr/pr with the extra pick.
daniel jeremiah doesn't think Clausen is a top 10 guy

RT @seahawkaddicts: No Jimmy Clausen in the first? Would be shocked if Hawks and Bills both passed on him.>Not a top 10 player in my opinion

he's a former nfl scout
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
that would be greeaaaaat !!!
lol...Clausen?

I think Sing would take Tebow before he takes Clausen. I don't want either but yeah.
Originally posted by teeohh:

RT @seahawkaddicts: No Jimmy Clausen in the first? Would be shocked if Hawks and Bills both passed on him.>Not a top 10 player in my opinion

he's a former nfl scout

kinda young looking to be a "FORMER" anything.

worst mock ive ever seen
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I love Iupati, ANYTHING but Clausen. I would not even take getting Iupati if it meant taking Clausen. He will make Jamarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Clausen's having been busting in HS, College, and now one FINALLY made it to the pros, and he will be the first to bust there.

Be afraid of Clausens.......be VERY afraid.

PFW must be hallucinating - no way the 49ers going to pick Clausens. They have a project in Davis and now look like a front runner in obtaining Carr.
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I think Jimmy Clausen will do well in teh pros...I actually think Colt McCoy?Sam Bradford fall in the category of probable injury-prone busts. They're used to holding the ball FAR longer than Clausen.

hmm good point
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

he's a former nfl scout

Move the Sticks is operated by former Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah. He has six years of NFL scouting experience.

I like his insight. His judgment of Clausen makes sense of why mocks have us picking Clausen outside of the top 10.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

he's a former nfl scout

Move the Sticks is operated by former Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah. He has six years of NFL scouting experience.

I like his insight. His judgment of Clausen makes sense of why mocks have us picking Clausen outside of the top 10.

I don't know. Daniel Jeremiah in his first mock draft today on his pod cast (http://www.movethesticks.com/?page_id=1068) has the Niners selecting Anthony Davis at 13 and Ryan Matthews at 17. That is not going to happen. He also has the Seahawks taking Spiller at 6.

BTW, Clausen has small hands and a small head, he should be in a Burger King commercial. I just think Clausen is overrated and agree with Jeremiah.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Mar 5, 2010 at 6:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone