There are 142 users in the forums

PFW says we go Clausen/Iupati in the 1st?!

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I love Iupati, ANYTHING but Clausen. I would not even take getting Iupati if it meant taking Clausen. He will make Jamarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Clausen's having been busting in HS, College, and now one FINALLY made it to the pros, and he will be the first to bust there.

Be afraid of Clausens.......be VERY afraid.

This kid was out throwing pro QB's when he was in high school. He is a gamer he and Tate was the only reason that team was competitive. Are you for real or joking?[/ quote]

Not joking at all. I don't think the kid will make it in the pros. He may be talented, but I don't think he will hold up physically and will be the next Chris Simms type who just can't stay healthy enough to either stay on the field or to be effective when he is.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I love Iupati, ANYTHING but Clausen. I would not even take getting Iupati if it meant taking Clausen. He will make Jamarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Clausen's having been busting in HS, College, and now one FINALLY made it to the pros, and he will be the first to bust there.

This kid was out throwing pro QB's when he was in high school. He is a gamer he and Tate was the only reason that team was competitive. Are you for real or joking?[/ quote]
Not joking at all. I don't think the kid will make it in the pros. He may be talented, but I don't think he will hold up physically and will be the next Chris Simms type who just can't stay healthy enough to either stay on the field or to be effective when he is.

Has he had a history of injuries?
  • evil
  • Veteran

Has he had a history of injuries?

Turf toe all through almost all of this year and reportedly an unspecified injury in his freshman year that had him sit for a few games but that might have been Charlie's way of benching him in a quiet and under the radar manner as he was like a deer in the headlights out there playing behind an OL that could not protect the QB to save their life. He did regain the job following that,
Instead of taking Claussen I'd prefer trading that 1st round selection for a first rounder next year. Next year's QB class will be legit. Locker, Mallett, Ponder, and possibly Prior. I'd take all four of those guys over Claussen or Bradford. This also gives Alex one last chance and Davis a chance at winning the future QB gig.

I like Claussen I just see him as a 2nd round QB prospect, and if we draft him at 13 we essentially have to build around him for the next 4 years.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Instead of taking Claussen I'd prefer trading that 1st round selection for a first rounder next year. Next year's QB class will be legit. Locker, Mallett, Ponder, and possibly Prior. I'd take all four of those guys over Claussen or Bradford. This also gives Alex one last chance and Davis a chance at winning the future QB gig.

I like Claussen I just see him as a 2nd round QB prospect, and if we draft him at 13 we essentially have to build around him for the next 4 years.

No, we can always trade our 2nd round pick for a 1st, like we did in the Carolina trade.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

No, we can always trade our 2nd round pick for a 1st, like we did in the Carolina trade.

Our 2nd rounder is a little later this year 49 compared to 43 and I just don't like those odds. To me I'm calling New England and asking them if they have any interest in the 13th or 17th pick for Oakland's selection next year. Guaranteed top 10 pick right there.
  • evil
  • Veteran

If we took him and addressed the OL at 17 and again in either the 2nd or 3rd + a playmaker in the 1st 3 rounds we would not need to build around him. He already has a PB caliber RB, a highly touted sophomore WR and a PB caliber TE.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

If we took him and addressed the OL at 17 and again in either the 2nd or 3rd + a playmaker in the 1st 3 rounds we would not need to build around him. He already has a PB caliber RB, a highly touted sophomore WR and a PB caliber TE.

By build around him I mean we're stuck with him for the next 4 years. Like Smith and Leinart. Yeah we might get lucky and land a 36 year old who everybody else turned their backs on, but otherwise you're stuck with the O'Sullivan and the Hills as plan B.

When it comes to QB's to stick to your grade regardless of how weak the class is, because if you draft a QB in the first round you're committed to them for the foreseable future.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 5, 2010 at 9:41 AM ]
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by bigfan:
just for grins... someone know how to make a Clausen niners jersey?

What happened to Nate Davis??
I have nothing against Clausen, but I seriously doubt we draft a QB at all this year, much less a 1st rounder.

Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by bigfan:
just for grins... someone know how to make a Clausen niners jersey?

What happened to Nate Davis??

the first round pick would have the funds to buy the jersey # he wants
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Our 2nd rounder is a little later this year 49 compared to 43 and I just don't like those odds. To me I'm calling New England and asking them if they have any interest in the 13th or 17th pick for Oakland's selection next year. Guaranteed top 10 pick right there.

Good Idea...But what if Al Davis runs out of his supply of virgin blood and dies...ergo then new management and the Raider's go 16-0....Eyyy!
I've got a blind mule who can construct a more reasonable mock than this one, so you have to take PFW's projection with a grain of salt.

First, Pierre-Paul is probably going to score in the single digits in the Wonderlic Score and has virtually no major college football experience. He would have to run a 4.35 and jump 42+" in the vertical to sniff anywhere close to this area.

Second, Berry at 10 and Haden at 19 is not going to happen, unless they combine their talents to rob some banks around the US in the next few months...and get caught.

Finally, there is no sanity in having Meriweather at 11, and Sean Lee at 31. In fact, this is plan insanity. Both would need to summon the ghost of Patrick Willis, and if either run within .20 seconds of Willis' time, they should fill the pockets of the timeskeeper for starting the stopwatch when they hit the 10 yard mark.

So, poop-can this mock, and look for my blind mule roaming around your garden soon.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I've got a blind mule who can construct a more reasonable mock than this one, so you have to take PFW's projection with a grain of salt.

First, Pierre-Paul is probably going to score in the single digits in the Wonderlic Score and has virtually no major college football experience. He would have to run a 4.35 and jump 42+" in the vertical to sniff anywhere close to this area.

Second, Berry at 10 and Haden at 19 is not going to happen, unless they combine their talents to rob some banks around the US in the next few months...and get caught.

Finally, there is no sanity in having Meriweather at 11, and Sean Lee at 31. In fact, this is plan insanity. Both would need to summon the ghost of Patrick Willis, and if either run within .20 seconds of Willis' time, they should fill the pockets of the timeskeeper for starting the stopwatch when they hit the 10 yard mark.

So, poop-can this mock, and look for my blind mule roaming around your garden soon.

I assume you mean Weatherspoon.

I agree, and I'm sure most do/would. I believe Weatherspoon could make it to the 20's, but Sean Lee I doubt goes in the first. He'll likely be a solid 2nd or 3rd.

Oh, and Dan Williams at 32 is laughable. Laughably low.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 5, 2010 at 5:54 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I don't see Clausen dropping to us, if he is still there at 11 or 12 some team will trade up for him
Share 49ersWebzone