There are 246 users in the forums

AB's WebZone Divsional Mock Draft Thread- Discussion

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
New England is looking to trade pick number 53 to Chicago for Greg Olsen.
Again, with the difficult pick...hmmmmmmmm.

For Carolina I choose LaFell as they so need a WR. The other thing I thought was Cam Thomas or Jerry Hughes if Peppers left. Sure they got Brown last year as a pass rusher, but they could use another one.

Thoughts?
Originally posted by ninertico:

For Carolina I choose LaFell as they so need a WR. The other thing I thought was Cam Thomas or Jerry Hughes if Peppers left. Sure they got Brown last year as a pass rusher, but they could use another one.

Thoughts?

I might've gone safety (they have nobody of note there) or Cam Thomas for Carolina, but they definitely need more talent at WR as well to compliment Steve Smith, so it was a solid pick IMO.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Thoughts?

I might've gone safety (they have nobody of note there) or Cam Thomas for Carolina, but they definitely need more talent at WR as well to compliment Steve Smith, so it was a solid pick IMO.

Would Cam Thomas now be someone we would want in the second given how well he practiced and played at the Senior Bowl? Seems like a great 3-4 NT prospect.

Thoughts?

Would Cam Thomas now be someone we would want in the second given how well he practiced and played at the Senior Bowl? Seems like a great 3-4 NT prospect.

I think he should be considered, especially knowing how infrequent good 3-4 NTs come around and how long they take to properly develop at the next level.
I am still a Perrish Cox guy. Cox or Jerry Hughes
LOVE the Hughes pick!!! That is my dream second rounder. Particularly if we address OL and either OL again and any other position but pass rusher in the first.
I don't see Hughes as being a real quick or explosive pass rusher; he's not a terrible 2nd round pick, but I personally don't see a ton of difference in terms of talent and fit for a 3-4 OLB between him and say Jason Worilds (likely 3rd-5th rounder) or even Junior Galette (likely 5th/7th rounder).
Nice pick by Houston...they wouldn't waste a second if Cox was still there in the 2nd when they picked.
Nice pick by Houston...they wouldn't waste a second if Cox was still there in the 2nd when they picked.

Thanks. Houston needs help in the secondary and I couldn't believe Cox was still there when I took a look to see who was still available. I was thinking I was going to go with Chad or Rashad Jones or Warren. I didn't hesitate when I saw Cox was still on the board.

Wow, can't believe Vlad Ducasse hasn't been drafted yet! I bet the Steelers could have used his services.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Wow, can't believe Vlad Ducasse hasn't been drafted yet! I bet the Steelers could have used his services.

Quote:
18. Pittsburgh (9-7) - Krizay - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Quote:
18. Pittsburgh (9-7) - Krizay - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

My bad, I didn't even bother to look at who Pitt took in the first round. Can I claim stupidity secondary to sleep deprivation?
So at this rate I guess doing a 3rd round is out of the realm of possibility.

Wish we could get this thing going.
We were doing so well, what happened
Share 49ersWebzone