LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

no OT in the first?

Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Pashos is a big part of this. If he comes back and plays like he did before the injury then we can afford to draft an OT in the second. Though, picking up a OG in FA is still critical for this to work.

Pashos got let go because the Jaguars drafted a OT in the first round. We can't expect to upgrade the o-line with other teams left overs. I wouldn't pass on a OT this draft. OT rookies who were drafted in the first round contributed the most as rookies compaired to other positions drafted.

Teams let go of players for many different reasons. Not all the time it is because of poor performance. I recall Pashos doing fine before he got hurt.

But I do agree a OT is necessary in the first two rounds. All I am saying is that a second round OT would not be the end of the world.

Staley---FA Gaurd---Heitman---Rachal/Bass----Pashos

Then you have Sims, Wragge, Rookie OT (grooming), Synder ,

Good point. I forgot to mention the I would like to have Pashos on the roster for depth over Synder.
Here is the problem:
1) Gore is the workhorse
2) Without a good O-line he won't be able to look good if there are no holes to scat thru or get the ball if the QB doesn't have time to get him the ball.
3) He will only get so many touches a game, if that is the case he is not worth that high of a pick unless the 49ers are already contenders. Right now they are only on the verge and still missing big parts-literally.
4) There is the possibility that he is not that good
5) If you had Coach McK, then I'd say you could chance it, as it is we don't, so we need a sure thing or at least increase our chances of getting one.
6) On that note there is no certainty that Spiller will be that good in the NFL either. All picks are hit and misses

I would be more open to getting an OL first then if he is in range, trading late picks to move up in the first to get him if he is still there.
Originally posted by amigoj49:
If our biggest need was a LT, then I would certainly pick one in 1st round. But a G and RT can be had in 2nd and 3rd for sure. It would be my wish come true to see Spiller and Graham picked in the first.

Both Spiller and Graham are IMPACT players, game changers!
1.why are you guys so sure that staley wont suck again? i mean, why do u think that we wont need a o-liner who can play LT?

2.how high is the chance that graham wont be a 2nd gholston? its just a question...i dont hate graham.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Here is the problem:
1) Gore is the workhorse
2) Without a good O-line he won't be able to look good if there are no holes to scat thru or get the ball if the QB doesn't have time to get him the ball.
3) He will only get so many touches a game, if that is the case he is not worth that high of a pick unless the 49ers are already contenders. Right now they are only on the verge and still missing big parts-literally.
4) There is the possibility that he is not that good
5) If you had Coach McK, then I'd say you could chance it, as it is we don't, so we need a sure thing or at least increase our chances of getting one.
6) On that note there is no certainty that Spiller will be that good in the NFL either. All picks are hit and misses

I would be more open to getting an OL first then if he is in range, trading late picks to move up in the first to get him if he is still there.

You said scat.
Share 49ersWebzone