LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

A fun to play around with mock

This is not necessary want I want to happen but just a different looking mock. Kinda fun to play around with and a little bored

1 C.J. Spiller RB/KR- gives us an explosive player that we just dont have.

1 Brandon Graham OLB- Gives us a number 1 pass rusher that we just dont have. Football quick and uses his hands well

2 Vladmir Ducasse G/T- a big mauler that sing we love. A toy project for solari

3 Ciron Black T- Doesnt have the agility to play left tackle in the NFl but right tackle he should be fine at. Can also play guard

4 Carlton Mitchell WR- WR with good size and speed, has a lot of potential

5 Walter Thurmond- THe steal of the draft. If he wasnt hurt last year he would be pushing the first round. Lost a lot of momentum with not playing solid tackler and playmacker

6 O'Brien Schofield OLB

7 BPA OL
I'd be pretty happy with that draft.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rspinale:
This is not necessary want I want to happen but just a different looking mock. Kinda fun to play around with and a little bored

1 Brandon Graham OLB- Gives us a number 1 pass rusher that we just dont have. Football quick and uses his hands well

3 Ciron Black T- Doesnt have the agility to play left tackle in the NFl but right tackle he should be fine at. Can also play guard

5 Walter Thurmond- THe steal of the draft. If he wasnt hurt last year he would be pushing the first round. Lost a lot of momentum with not playing solid tackler and playmacker

6 O'Brien Schofield OLB

7 BPA OL

Kind of like my mock:

Quote:
1. C.J. Spiller - RB

Speedy home run threat that can share carries with Gore, return kicks, and is not a bad reciever either. Scored a touchdown in every game he played in this past season.

1. Trent Williams - OT

Maybe isn't as good at LT as RT but we already have Staley and with this pick we could have 2 nice bookend tackles for several years.

2. Nate Allen - FS

Goldson has emerged as a starter at one safety spot but this is a position of need and Allen is an athletic center field type that gives us a nice young safety duo.

3. OBrien Schofield - OLB

Ahmad Brooks has showed some flashes but we still need to get more pressure on the QB and this guy is excellent at speed rushing off the edge and could compliment Manny on the opposite side pretty nicely.

4. John Jerry - OG

Guard is still a question mark and this mammoth of a man will be a nice asset, especially if we are facing Suh twice a year.

5. Walter Thurmond - CB

Is a first day talent that suffered a knee injury this past year. Can be a nice corner and an excellent return man. A gamble that could pay off big.

6. Reggie Carter - ILB

Not sure if he'll fall this far but was a tackling machine in the pac 10 and Takeo isn't getting any younger.

7. Daniel Gettis - WR

Might go undrafted but lets gamble on this track runner with excellent size and athleticism.

Of course a lot depends on free agaency but I didn't really get into that. I think this draft fills our needs.
Originally posted by dman:

6 O'Brien Schofield OLB

7 BPA OL

Kind of like my mock:

Quote:
1. C.J. Spiller - RB

Speedy home run threat that can share carries with Gore, return kicks, and is not a bad reciever either. Scored a touchdown in every game he played in this past season.

1. Trent Williams - OT

Maybe isn't as good at LT as RT but we already have Staley and with this pick we could have 2 nice bookend tackles for several years.

2. Nate Allen - FS

Goldson has emerged as a starter at one safety spot but this is a position of need and Allen is an athletic center field type that gives us a nice young safety duo.

Ahmad Brooks has showed some flashes but we still need to get more pressure on the QB and this guy is excellent at speed rushing off the edge and could compliment Manny on the opposite side pretty nicely.

4. John Jerry - OG

Guard is still a question mark and this mammoth of a man will be a nice asset, especially if we are facing Suh twice a year.

5. Walter Thurmond - CB

Is a first day talent that suffered a knee injury this past year. Can be a nice corner and an excellent return man. A gamble that could pay off big.

6. Reggie Carter - ILB

Not sure if he'll fall this far but was a tackling machine in the pac 10 and Takeo isn't getting any younger.

7. Daniel Gettis - WR

Might go undrafted but lets gamble on this track runner with excellent size and athleticism.

Of course a lot depends on free agaency but I didn't really get into that. I think this draft fills our needs.

I thought about swtching Ducasse with Jerry I like him better. I like the draft thou
As much as I like Spiller and Graham, we really need to come out of the first round with a OT. After that thursday night, we should have a starting right tackle. Not a second or third round tackle that MIGHT start or need to develop.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'd be pretty happy with that draft.
Originally posted by dman:

6 O'Brien Schofield OLB

7 BPA OL

Kind of like my mock:

Quote:
1. C.J. Spiller - RB

1. Trent Williams - OT

2. Nate Allen - FS

4. John Jerry - OG

5. Walter Thurmond - CB

6. Reggie Carter - ILB

7. Daniel Gettis - WR

Outside of CJ and Thurmond, not really that similar
Share 49ersWebzone