LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Ninerjohn's No-Iupati Mock Draft

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Having Ahmad Brooks on one side and Brandon Graham on the other...

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ezekiel40:

Brooks is so excited, he pissed his pants in that picture.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by ezekiel40:

Brooks is so excited, he pissed his pants in that picture.

Brooks calls his shot. Seriously, those guys together could cause some havok.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
I've been reading for awhile and this is probably my favorite draft so far. We get the OT and the Passrusher that we've needed. I like Baluga but instead of Brandon Graham, consider also Jason Pierre-Paul. He's raw but I think he may have more potential than Graham. The dude is 6' 6" and has been compared to DeMarcus Ware. Though I'd be happy w/ Graham too.

As for round 2, this is also what I was thinking...get the KR/WR guy you want here! I was thinking Arrelious Benn but maybe Dexter works even better.

I hate the idea of taking a KR in the first, too much risk of an injury for a first round pick! I'm also not crazy about taking 2 lineman (Iupati) in the first when we finally got a Good offensive line coach. I'd like to give Baas one more year and have him compete with an FA or draftee before we toss away a 2nd rounder to another team.

I've also been going back and forth between a guard or TE in the third. I guess it depends on what we do in FA. Either way I think we should take best blocker for Frank that we can get here. I hate having Norris trot on the field. It's like a big red flag for a run play. Anyways, I expect we'll get a TE somewhere in the draft since last years guy didn't pan out.

Great Mock. Two thumbs up!
Originally posted by Walsh:
I've been reading for awhile and this is probably my favorite draft so far. We get the OT and the Passrusher that we've needed. I like Baluga but instead of Brandon Graham, consider also Jason Pierre-Paul. He's raw but I think he may have more potential than Graham. The dude is 6' 6" and has been compared to DeMarcus Ware. Though I'd be happy w/ Graham too.

As for round 2, this is also what I was thinking...get the KR/WR guy you want here! I was thinking Arrelious Benn but maybe Dexter works even better.

I hate the idea of taking a KR in the first, too much risk of an injury for a first round pick! I'm also not crazy about taking 2 lineman (Iupati) in the first when we finally got a Good offensive line coach. I'd like to give Baas one more year and have him compete with an FA or draftee before we toss away a 2nd rounder to another team.

I've also been going back and forth between a guard or TE in the third. I guess it depends on what we do in FA. Either way I think we should take best blocker for Frank that we can get here. I hate having Norris trot on the field. It's like a big red flag for a run play. Anyways, I expect we'll get a TE somewhere in the draft since last years guy didn't pan out.

i agree spiller is not worth a first round pick to us i would rather go with OT i would like davis or Baluga with our 13 and with our 16/17 we gotta go BPA probally a pass rusher or maybe a or if dez bryant is still here i think we should take him

Thanks and hope you keep posting!
Couple notes on Pierre-Paul that may drop him from top 20 consideration:
1) He's not very experienced at playing major college football, and is really raw. His productivity was not that impressive. It is all about his potential, which may, or may not be actualized.
2) Sorry to say, but reports are coming out that he is as dumb as a brick. One report doubts he will score a 10 on the Wonderlic. Now, the Wonderlic is not all that important for some positions (RB, WR, etc.). However, as a 3-4 OLB, players have a lot of responsibilities and have to read and react well. Intelligence on the field is key, and many doubt he will be able to digest the complexity of the game any time soon.

The combine will be a big test for him.

I still believe some team will draft him in the top 20. However, I'd rather take the proven stud, Graham, who I've been high on for some time now, than a guy with potential.

This may ultimately be the same dilemma we face when selecting an OT. Depending who is on the board, do we select Bulaga, who has shown himself to be a studly, experienced player, or a guy who may be the better athlete, but has little experience.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 31, 2010 at 9:29 AM ]
I like this draft, but are we jumping on Bulaga's draft to quick. After all how many
have seen him play other than in the bowl game?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Couple notes on Pierre-Paul that may drop him from top 20 consideration:
1) He's not very experienced at playing major college football, and is really raw. His productivity was not that impressive. It is all about his potential, which may, or may not be actualized.
2) Sorry to say, but reports are coming out that he is as dumb as a brick. One report doubts he will score a 10 on the Wonderlic. Now, the Wonderlic is not all that important for some positions (RB, WR, etc.). However, as a 3-4 OLB, players have a lot of responsibilities and have to read and react well. Intelligence on the field is key, and many doubt he will be able to digest the complexity of the game any time soon.

The combine will be a big test for him.

I still believe some team will draft him in the top 20. However, I'd rather take the proven stud, Graham, who I've been high on for some time now, than a guy with potential.

This may ultimately be the same dilemma we face when selecting an OT. Depending who is on the board, do we select Bulaga, who has shown himself to be a studly, experienced player, or a guy who may be the better athlete, but has little experience.

While Pierre-Paul has more upside I agree 100% that Graham is the better choice for the Niners. Our team simply cannot afford a bust or a long term project right now. We need someone who can step right in and contribute.

As for OT's... I have gone back and forth between Davis, Bulaga, and Williams but feel confident that any of them can be strong RTs for us and play right away. I was turned off by Williams passing on the game this week and its dropped him in my eyes.

MD.. How do you rate the top 5 OTs in this class and why?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I like this draft, but are we jumping on Bulaga's draft to quick. After all how many

Iowa was on ESPN a few times and saw him there but I must admit didnt pay nearly as much attention to him until the bowl game. I was very impressed by him in that game. I think we are going to get a very good OT whether or not its Bulaga.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Not on Bulaga's bandwagon at all, but I do remember Brandon Graham owning Bulaga for two sacks when they played.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

While Pierre-Paul has more upside I agree 100% that Graham is the better choice for the Niners. Our team simply cannot afford a bust or a long term project right now. We need someone who can step right in and contribute.
1)heard the same but you dont wanna know from who ;)
2)we can, but not with a firstrounder...
[ Edited by communist on Jan 31, 2010 at 6:37 PM ]
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
We'll have to see how the combine goes and if Graham is even available. One positive thing is the improvement of Ahmad Brooks under Singletary's staff. It goes to show that we can take a guy that's a bit raw and turn him into a solid passrusher.

Man, I'd love to see our D with a dominant rush and guys like P Willie and Goldson hitting dudes in the backfield. I think that could finally get us a top 10 d.

Man, I'd love to see our D with a dominant rush and guys like P Willie and Goldson hitting dudes in the backfield. I think that could finally get us a top 10 d.
I would love to see a good secondary and a better pass rush...then our defense is number ONE
[ Edited by communist on Jan 31, 2010 at 6:40 PM ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

1)heard the same but you dont wanna know from who ;)
2)we can, but not with a firstrounder...

Originally I wouldn't have cared... but know I must know. Who?
Share 49ersWebzone