LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Ninerjohn's No-Iupati Mock Draft

No Iupati...

Start over. Every 49ersWZ mock mush have Iupati somewhere in the draft. Usually 1A or 1B or 2 (probably not realistic).
Watching the Senior Bowl makes me want Graham even more.
It's a good mock although I am totally on the Iupati bandwagon.

Wait a minute Atkins just beat him for a sack on Canfield.

As much as I like Iupati he seems out of whack as a RG, than LG.. But to your point there are other quality OGs in the this draft.

Graham looks great so far today!!
Lupati looks like crap today.
I think my mock is looking REAL good after seeing todays game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
A few comments:

1) MD - Sorry about that spelling. I will make sure Bulaga is spelled correctly from now on .

2) Price.. There is no way the guy was a 3rd round and prob not 4th round before this week. He has certainly made himself some money this week. I think I put that he probably wouldnt be there where I put him but I dont see him in top 75.

3) Johnson and Jerry. I like them both and think they will both be better than Baas in the long run. Really hard to say that they would be better in rookie years and start right away though. No question they are not to Iupati's level.

4) If the Niners do not think that McCluster will be there in rd 2 then I think Spiller should be their pick in the first. I really think they need one of these 2

Yes, Spiller should be the pick. He is far better than McCluster IMO and a feature back. Get Graham at #17 and then take Jason Fox in the 2nd round.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
that would be f**kin amazing...
Love the first four picks for sure . . . we'd no doubt be an improved team.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
When Webzone mocks go for a guard no earlier than 2nd R, #49, I wonder how will that help the team that already has two 2nd Round guards in Baas and Rachal. No one's really addressed my this issue. Won't the 2nd or 3rd guard have to compete for a starting position? Won't that take time away from OL cohesion and success?

I've always wondered the same thing. They might be more talented and adjust to our offense quicker. Chilo was really raw when we drafted him and Baas just seems like a bust.

Originally posted by teeohh:
Who does Udofia make the team over?

Demetric Evans
Originally posted by ezekiel40:
A few comments:

1) MD - Sorry about that spelling. I will make sure Bulaga is spelled correctly from now on .

2) Price.. There is no way the guy was a 3rd round and prob not 4th round before this week. He has certainly made himself some money this week. I think I put that he probably wouldnt be there where I put him but I dont see him in top 75.

3) Johnson and Jerry. I like them both and think they will both be better than Baas in the long run. Really hard to say that they would be better in rookie years and start right away though. No question they are not to Iupati's level.

4) If the Niners do not think that McCluster will be there in rd 2 then I think Spiller should be their pick in the first. I really think they need one of these 2

Yes, Spiller should be the pick. He is far better than McCluster IMO and a feature back. Get Graham at #17 and then take Jason Fox in the 2nd round.

Graham was a man among boys today. Iupati looked horrible and I was sold on this guy. Holding on almost every play. Sheeeesh.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
A few comments:

Graham was a man among boys today. Iupati looked horrible and I was sold on this guy. Holding on almost every play. Sheeeesh.

I think Iupati needed to shine today to cement himself as a top 15 pick in the draft. OG's just arent taken that high very often and Iupati played against inferior competition most of the time. He looks to me to now be an end of the first round/top of the 2nd rd guy.

I now worry that Graham could be taken before the Niners 2nd first round pick. If the Niners are sold on Trent Williams then might just go Graham as 1A and Williams with 1B (assuming Bulaga is taken).
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
A few comments:

I think Iupati needed to shine today to cement himself as a top 15 pick in the draft. OG's just arent taken that high very often and Iupati played against inferior competition most of the time. He looks to me to now be an end of the first round/top of the 2nd rd guy.

I now worry that Graham could be taken before the Niners 2nd first round pick. If the Niners are sold on Trent Williams then might just go Graham as 1A and Williams with 1B (assuming Bulaga is taken).

I could be happy with that.
Having Ahmad Brooks on one side and Brandon Graham on the other...

Share 49ersWebzone