LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

What round will Tim Tebow be drafted?

What round will Tim Tebow be drafted?

• fryet
  • Veteran
I am curious to hear about what round people think Tebow will be drafted. I don't know much about him, but I hear everyone talking about his negatives.
Heck, if Matt Jones can get picked in the 1st round, anything can happen.
3rd. his stock will continue to drop up until the draft. Anyone who can't see that the only reason he succeeded at Florida was because of the system, is blind.
I say 3rd
he really should be a 4th or 5th rounder at best, but he'll likely go in the 2nd or 3rd.

As a QB ...He is not a very good qb, he can't take a snap, can't drop back, has a long and slow release and throws a duck a lot of the time.

As runner he is not that fast, my guess is he will run a 4.7/4.8, he has no wiggle, he just runs people over, that trick doesn't work in the NFL.

On the other hand the guy is a winner and a leader, whether you agree with his religious and political views or not.

Some team (Jax) will seriously over value him well before he should be taken.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Jacksonville will either trade down to late 1st or trade back in to the 1st to get him. If Pat white can go in the 2nd for wildcat purposes........... Tebow could easily go 2nd to start off in the wildcat while he "learns" to be a QB.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
He'll go first round. Possible landing spots

Jacksonville--he's just the type of QB they like (Byron Leftwich, David Garrard, Tim Tebow?)

Miami--he'd be perfect in the wildcat

Vikings--they tried to get McNabb a few years back and need a QB for the future.
who voted bottom half of 1st?

As far as the Jacksonville angle, I highly doubt it. They have Koetter as a OC, and Tebow doesn't fit in a Koetter system. If they go QB in the first, which I highly doubt, they will go with a guy with more passing pedegree.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
who voted bottom half of 1st?

As far as the Jacksonville angle, I highly doubt it. They have Koetter as a OC, and Tebow doesn't fit in a Koetter system. If they go QB in the first, which I highly doubt, they will go with a guy with more passing pedegree.

Their reasoning was to sell tickets. Which Tebow would do in that neck of the woods. Strictly business decision and not a football decision.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
3rd. his stock will continue to drop up until the draft. Anyone who can't see that the only reason he succeeded at Florida was because of the system, is blind.

I must be blind then.

Mid to late 1st - somebody will REACH
2nd just on heart and leadership alone
3rd
I think the jags will snag him in the 2nd...he won't be a great QB in the NFL IMO.....he just doesn't have the physical tools to play the position and there's no way he's fast enough to run the wildcat in the NFL...not against grown men.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
I think the jags will snag him in the 2nd...he won't be a great QB in the NFL IMO.....he just doesn't have the physical tools to play the position and there's no way he's fast enough to run the wildcat in the NFL...not against grown men.

Jags can't snag him in the 2nd--they don't have any 2nd round picks this year. If they want him they need to grab him in the first.
Share 49ersWebzone