LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Not in the first but I really want tebow

• rtj03
  • Veteran
I have been watching senior bowl practices and have seen many of his games and interviews - this guy is a winner and a leader.

He has Alex's physical intangibles but with the mental toughness, leadership, attitude that Alex is missing.

He will lead a team and put them on his shoulders. He is what we are missing at the qb spot.

I would love to have him in the 2nd even wouldnt mind using our second 1st on him.
I'll start first.

You're an idiot. There's NO way we will EVER spend a first OR a second on Tim Tebow. Period. Done.

Next...
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
I'll start first.

Your an idiot. There's NO way we will EVER spend a first OR a second on Tim Tebow. Period. Done.

Next...

Lol, Harsh, but still funny.

Tebow has everything you want mentally, he just doesn't have the physical tools to play QB in the NFL any time soon...I guess if the right system found him he could flourish but the odds are stacked against him. Good kid though, very mature and well spoken, has just the right amount of confidence not to be considered cocky.
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
I'll start first.

Your an idiot. There's NO way we will EVER spend a first OR a second on Tim Tebow. Period. Done.

Next...
He would be best in Miami where they run the wildcat every down
Yo, name us a QB with bad mechanics, bad footwork, slow long delivery, can't take a snap from under center that has been consistently successful in the NFL.

Can name any????????

Any you want to use a 2nd even a 1st round pick?

Thank the lord you aren't our GM.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM ]
Originally posted by rtj03:
I have been watching senior bowl practices and have seen many of his games and interviews - this guy is a winner and a leader.

He has Alex's physical intangibles but with the mental toughness, leadership, attitude that Alex is missing.

He will lead a team and put them on his shoulders. He is what we are missing at the qb spot.

I would love to have him in the 2nd even wouldnt mind using our second 1st on him.

Actually, i kind of agree. The only thing Alex is missing is the same stuff Tebow is known for.
Just never going to happen. There is zero chance we take Tebow at any place he is likely to be drafted.

The ONLY way we take a QB is if someone we absolutely coveted and would have taken with a top 10 or better pick has a Rogers-esque fall and we can't pass him up (which I don't see happening) OR if someone expected to go in the first couple rounds is there in round 3 or later.

Tebow will not fall into either of these camps. Someone will take Tebow higher than he should probably go, but not top half of the first round. Given our needs and where our picks are, there is almost no chance we take a QB at all, and pretty much no chance we take Tebow given where he is likely to be drafted.
I just listened to what McShay had to say after watching him this week: Poor accuracy, struggles in a pro style offense, mishandles snaps, the mechanics are so far away from where they need to be, etc.

PASS PLEASE
As great of a leader that Tebow is, he can't just "will" his team to victory in the NFL. He needs talent. You look at the all the great athletes in any team sport like Jordan for example. He could literally "will" the Bulls to victory, but he also had an enormous amount of talent to back it up.

Supposedly, Tebow worked with QB guru before this season and even before the Senior Bowl, but I've seen no mechanically improvements at all. He still drops his throwing arm to his hip and winds up like pitcher throwing a baseball.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I just listened to what McShay had to say after watching him this week: Poor accuracy, struggles in a pro style offense, mishandles snaps, the mechanics are so far away from where they need to be, etc.

PASS PLEASE

Sorry but all the things mentioned above trump whatever leadership abilities he has.......PASS NO MATTER WHAT!
Teblow? No thanks.
you know im impressed with this kids guts and fire. has it in spades. but the one thing ive noticed is most of his film has to do with him running around. not so much passing. and when he does pass...it doesnt exactly look pretty at all. so.....why would we want to waste a first/second on a guy who looks to be an even bigger project at QB than the very very raw Nate Davis?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

PASS PLEASE

Sorry but all the things mentioned above trump whatever leadership abilities he has.......PASS NO MATTER WHAT!

Have you guys all forgotten the last qb that took us to the playoffs?? Jeff Garcia wasn't very accurate, didn't have a strong arm or good mechanics he couldnt even set his feet when he threw the ball somtimes. Tebow has the it factor, hes a leader of men & a proven winner.

After watching our timid qb struggle to win (that we drafted 1st overall) I can't imagine not atleast considering Tebow a proven leader in round 2. Especially with some teams looking at him in the 1st.

You guys are to quick to buy into what ever the "so called" draft experts feed you. Tebow is less of a project & more of a diamond in the rough. He has the skills that can't be coached, his upside is through the roof. Not to mention his fire and passion for the game would be well paired with coach Sing.

The guy strives for greatness period, that's the type of qb id like to see in red & gold.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

PASS PLEASE

Have you guys all forgotten the last qb that took us to the playoffs?? Jeff Garcia wasn't very accurate, didn't have a strong arm or good mechanics he couldnt even set his feet when he threw the ball somtimes. Tebow has the it factor, hes a leader of men & a proven winner.

After watching our timid qb struggle to win (that we drafted 1st overall) I can't imagine not atleast considering Tebow a proven leader in round 2. Especially with some teams looking at him in the 1st.

You guys are to quick to buy into what ever the "so called" draft experts feed you. Tebow is less of a project & more of a diamond in the rough. He has the skills that can't be coached, his upside is through the roof. Not to mention his fire and passion for the game would be well paired with coach Sing.

The guy strives for greatness period, that's the type of qb id like to see in red & gold.

Garcia had Owens to work with when he first came in the league. Say what you will about Owens but he makes QBs. Not to mention he had Steve Young to sit behind and learn from. Add to that Walsh whos a QB guru said Garcia would make it as a QB.

Add to that Garcia had to go to Canada and THEN caught on with the 49ers as a backup even with all his "fire" and passion. As much as i love Garcia i would never pick him in the first round. wayyy too much work to do with him. Tebow is the same way.
Share 49ersWebzone