LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Senior Bowl 2010 GameDay Thread

I think it's incredible that after one game, people trash Iupati because he didn't act as a wall to the d-line the whole game. Iupati is still the best guard prospect to come out in years and will still be selected somewhere from 16-32. I would definitely take this guy if we had the opportunity.

Another player I was very impressed with besides Brandon Graham who I was really high on since last year, is John Jerry out of Ole Miss. Not a lot of people were really talking about him during the week of practices but I feel like he holds way more value than a lot of people think. He is massive at the guard position but also played a lot of RT in college. I'd take a long look at him in the 3rd if we decide not to select Iupati in the 1st.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I think it's incredible that after one game, people trash Iupati because he didn't act as a wall to the d-line the whole game. Iupati is still the best guard prospect to come out in years and will still be selected somewhere from 16-32. I would definitely take this guy if we had the opportunity.

Another player I was very impressed with besides Brandon Graham who I was really high on since last year, is John Jerry out of Ole Miss. Not a lot of people were really talking about him during the week of practices but I feel like he holds way more value than a lot of people think. He is massive at the guard position but also played a lot of RT in college. I'd take a long look at him in the 3rd if we decide not to select Iupati in the 1st.

Don't worry. Things will straighten out after the combine.

Yes, I was one of the people that pointed out Iupati's poor play on the right side, but that is why I asked for some detail on the game vs practice. I still want Iupati on this team, but the practice and game really opened my eyes. Williams, Atkins and the guy from Cal really had great games.

On a side note, I learned more watching the practices and games based on commentary by Mayock and Corey Chavous than I will ever learn from Kiper and
McShay. The latter guys being nothing but shills for the agents in my mind. They
simply change things around on a regular basis to sell "advertising" and hype their positions than provide any content that is forthright.

The input from the practices was very good, because not only did they highlight individual practice plays, but broke down some detail on what to look for.

Kudos to NFL network for their coverage.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Yes, I was one of the people that pointed out Iupati's poor play on the right side, but that is why I asked for some detail on the game vs practice. I still want Iupati on this team, but the practice and game really opened my eyes. Williams, Atkins and the guy from Cal really had great games.

On a side note, I learned more watching the practices and games based on commentary by Mayock and Corey Chavous than I will ever learn from Kiper and
McShay. The latter guys being nothing but shills for the agents in my mind. They
simply change things around on a regular basis to sell "advertising" and hype their positions than provide any content that is forthright.

The input from the practices was very good, because not only did they highlight individual practice plays, but broke down some detail on what to look for.

Kudos to NFL network for their coverage.

I agree with the majority that Iupati didn't have the best game, but he was virtually unstoppable at left guard as opposed to playing the right side. He will need some work and I have no doubt in my mind that he will be coached into a pro-bowl guard, left or right, and hopefully, a RT. He has the quick feet and long arms, he just needs the coaching.
Share 49ersWebzone