LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

YOU are on the clock...

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

No worries. I think its been a fun project and I am sure there will be many changes to this mock if we do it again in a couple of months.

I am going to start another one of these on March 25th. The NFL annual meeting is March 21st-24th and that is when they award the compensatory picks, so by March 25th the combine will be over and all comp. picks will have been awarded. And for all your guys' work in these late rounds OnTheClock, Ninerjohn, and GhostofFredDean74 will all get first dibbs on the niners selections. Thanks for all the insight on these late round prospects! It will be interesting to see how the draft changes from now until then.

By the way, NY Jets are on the clock...

thanks

Lol. Sorry, I left you out. I guess you've been making a lot of late round picks as well, you can have first dibbs too. Thanks for your input.
The Eagles have a terrific pair of coners in Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown but could really use depth at the positon. So... they select CB Devin Ross from Arizona who some have projected to go a round or two higher. Ross was 2nd team and honorable mention All Pac 10 the last 2 years.
St. Louis is up to start off the last round!!!!
Kicking off the last round of the 2010 YAOTC draft, the Rams add depth to their battered secondary by selecting SS Barry Church of Toledo.
The Lions breathe a sigh of relief knowing the player they wanted wasn't just taken. They hurry to select one of the most underrated defensive backs in the country, SS Kyle McCarthy of Notre Dame.
Tampa Bay has drafted almost entirely on the defensive side of the ball but now turn to the OL. They are amazed that a huge OT with skills is still available and select Notre Dame's Sam Young. The 6'8" monster will provide depth on the OL and get the needed coaching to eventually protect Josh Freeman.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM ]
Washington Redskins add to the O-Line and select Chris Marinelli, OT, Stanford
Miami gets a little insurance for the injured Ronnie Brown and aging Ricky Williams; they pick Lonyae Miller, RB from Fresno St.
Seattle isnt thrilled with their safety play and add FS Kendrick Lewis from Mississippi for depth in their backfield.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Miami gets a little insurance for the injured Ronnie Brown and aging Ricky Williams; they pick Lonyae Miller, RB from Fresno St.

Why? They got Kory Sheets

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Why? They got Kory Sheets

Cleveland selects
MIKE TEPPER
Height: 6-7 | Weight: 319 | Position:OT/OG
Cal
depth in the line
Tampa Bay has drafted almost entirely on the defensive side of the ball but now turn to the OL. They are amazed that a huge OT with skills is still available and select Notre Dame's Sam Young. The 6'8" monster will provide depth on the OL and get the needed coaching to eventually protect Drew Brees.

I think you mean Josh Freeman.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tampa Bay has drafted almost entirely on the defensive side of the ball but now turn to the OL. They are amazed that a huge OT with skills is still available and select Notre Dame's Sam Young. The 6'8" monster will provide depth on the OL and get the needed coaching to eventually protect Drew Brees.

I think you mean Josh Freeman.

LOL I wonder where my head was at when I wrote that one. Thanks for the catch.
Oakland debated taking one of the more talented athletes in Penn State's A.J. Wallace, but opts to take a different athlete of higher value. He had an outstanding Shrine week, and his name is Nate Collins -- DT, Virginia.
Share 49ersWebzone