YOU are on the clock...

Originally posted by solidg2000:
49ers are up...

My opinion
Mr. Pick 6 Alterraun Verner
Or
the huge
Clifton Geathers DE

Geathers was selected by Carolina, sooo.. I'd recommend a better cover corner here.

Suggestions: DE Doug Worthington (Ohio St.), DE Brandon Deadrick (Alabama), DT/DE Jay Ross (East Carolina), or the better values right now..

CB Josh Moore, Kansas St. (I grade him as a 4th rounder, heck of a value here)
CB Verner, UCLA (graded as a 4th too)
CB Jamar Wall, Texas Tech
CB Chris Hawkins, LSU

TED ILB Lee Campbell, Minnesota
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 30, 2010 at 8:31 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
49ers are up...

My opinion
Or
the huge
Clifton Geathers DE

Geathers was selected by Carolina, sooo.. I'd recommend a better cover corner here.

Suggestions: DE Doug Worthington (Ohio St.), DE Brandon Deadrick (Alabama), DT/DE Jay Ross (East Carolina), or the better values right now..

CB Chris Hawkins, LSU

Oh crap I missed that pick then
I have Verner then Moore myself

I was looking for a taller DE, and I believe those are all 6' to 6'1, but that's just off the top of my head, I might be wrong again
49ers are up...

My opinion
Or
the huge
Clifton Geathers DE

CB Chris Hawkins, LSU

I was looking for a taller DE, and I believe those are all 6' to 6'1, but that's just off the top of my head, I might be wrong again

Make the pick then.... Verner is a good pick
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
49ers are up...

My opinion
Or
the huge
Clifton Geathers DE

CB Chris Hawkins, LSU

And just to let you know, Worthington is 6-5, Deadrick is 6-4, Ross is 6-3.
While I do agree that Verner is very good value in the 6th round I just can't see the Niners taking another CB after drafting Thompson just two rounds earlier (even though Verner is probably a better fit for the Niners). In the 6th round the Niners go BPA. IMO, the BPA came down to Dan LeFevour and Ben Tate. You can never have too many QBs and I don't believe Shaun Hill has much of a future left with the Niners. After a strong performance in the Senior Bowl the Niners select...
Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan.

I might catch a lot of heat for this pick, but i'm ready!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
49ers are up...

My opinion
Or
the huge
Clifton Geathers DE

CB Chris Hawkins, LSU

And just to let you know, Worthington is 6-5, Deadrick is 6-4, Ross is 6-3.

after I said it I knew I would look dumb, but I'm at work and I couldn't look it up

I would make the Verner pick but I believe the niners are up and the pick is designated to someone else already
When your backup QB is Chris Simms its time to draft a QB. The Broncos select the QB who looked the best in the Senior Bowl. They select Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma St.

( I was going to take Lefevour here for Denver by the way)
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 30, 2010 at 10:35 PM ]
Giants see a gifted DB still on the board, so they select UCLA cornerback, Alterraun Verner.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 31, 2010 at 1:52 PM ]
49ers picks on one page......I think the Niners will pick a big running back or Inside Linebacker with the last pick.

13. San Francisco (8-8): Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa (By strickac)
We won't ignore RT again.

17. San Francisco - from Carolina^ (8-8): Mike Iupati, G, Idaho (By kronik)
No more blitzes up the middle to worry about. Suh and Dockett doesn't scare us anymore.

49. San Francisco (8-8): ReShad Jones, S, Georgia. (By JD81)
I know many would want Mount Cody with this pick, but given the overall success of our front seven this season in terms of generating pressure and accumlating sacks, another DT isn't what is needed here. Aubrayo will most likely given a long term deal soon enough. Our defense had everything you could want this season, with the exception of consistent secondary play....ESPECIALLY at the strong safety spot (Mark Roman in Minnesota, anyone?). Roman figures to be gone, and Lewis may very well retire or see a decreased role next season due to numerous concussions. Jones is the smart pick here, contrary to what you may think.

79. San Francisco (8-8): Dexter McCluster, WR, Ole Miss (GhostofFredDean74)
I tossed and turned over this one. On one hand, we could use a CB with return skills (we all know the names), but on the other, we could also use a burner with offensive flexibility, playmaking skills and the ability to handle special teams duties. Given that, the San Francisco 49ers select WR/KR/PR/RB Dexter McCluster from Ole' Miss. We now have our Desean Jackson!

110. San Francisco (8-8): Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, California (By Superbowl09)
You can never have enough depth at the CB position. And I think Thompson would see the field quite a bit as a nickle CB and could develop into a very good cover corner in the NFL. His size is really the only thing that is really hurting his stock. Could also help in the return game.

141. San Francisco (8-8): Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida (By solidg2000)
I was looking for a DE that would fit our system but a fail to see one that has great value at this spot. Hell the only one that's left that I like is a 7th rounder with bloodlines in the NFL. Seeing as its way to early for that I looked at OLB, and the best VALUE is with Koa Misi out of Utah. But after countless hours I finally decided to go with my gut and continue to add speed and explosiveness to our offense...
He is graded as a late 2nd early 3rd round prospect by Draftscout and OTC has him as a 3rd round guy. No one on my list is ranked higher (that is available). He is ranked 68, with the next prospect at 84.

172. San Francisco (8-8): In the 6th round the Niners go BPA. IMO, the BPA came down to Dan LeFevour and Ben Tate. You can never have too many QBs and I don't believe Shaun Hill has much of a future left with the Niners. After a strong performance in the Senior Bowl the Niners select...
Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan.I might catch a lot of heat for this pick, but i'm ready!
Tennessee's Remaining needs are MLB, G, DT
So I just went with the top rated on my list
Darryl Sharpton ILB Miami (Fla.) 6-0 229

I don't think i need to say more

Tennessee's Remaining needs are MLB, G, DT
So I just went with the top rated on my list
Darryl Sharpton ILB Miami (Fla.) 6-0 229

I don't think i need to say more

I already selected Sharpton for Kansas City.

(I just go to the main page and do CTRL + F every time I make a pick to make sure it hasn't been selected yet. Just FYI!)
Tennessee is still on the clock then...

(I just go to the main page and do CTRL + F every time I make a pick to make sure it hasn't been selected yet. Just FYI!)

Great tip, I didn't even know you could do that.
If I may, I'll stay with the same position and say Tennessee selects ILB Donald Butler, Washington.
Browns could use some help in the defensive backfield, so they select Terrell Skinner, Safety from Maryland.
Share 49ersWebzone