LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

We should not take a 1st round O-lineman in the draft!

• Shifty
  • Veteran
You're out of your mind if you dont wanna take an OL with one of the 1st round picks
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by GEEK:
We have no luck with any drafted lineman.

Rachal - ewww
Baas - double ewwww
Staley - The Joe Show was worth it though...
Snyder - herpes ewwwww
Wallace - who?

Exactly, last I checked Gore broke records with two massive free agent O-linemen in Allen & Jennings! Team hasn't been the same since they left...

Wow. Seriously? You are pulling for us to get another Jennings? Allen was good for 1 season!

Of course we should draft an OL in the 1st round. Say what you want, but Staley is a good LT. And he was drafted later in the 1st. Good linemen go quick. From our drafts, Baas is the only real disappointment. Rachel is still yound and improving. Snyder has been a solid backup (what do you expect with a 3rd round pick). It takes 1st round picks to get great linemen... especially Tackles which is what we need.
Glad you aren't GM.

The whole entire 49er faithful is glad you aren't the GM if this is your beliefe system. LMAO!
Originally posted by ninertico:
I officially change my stance here, we can go Baluga & Iupati in the first, but then in the second (or whenever we can snag him 3rd or 4th round) we should go Mount Cody and just become the Bully's of the NFC West!

I like Spiller, and Dez White, and all of the other flashy players but if you guys want to build the trenches in this draft; I say go all out, pedal to the medal!

MClaine would be the only thing that would make me think twice about this, and if he falls to us we would then have to choose not to select one of the O-linemen (I would say Iupati goes).

Then focus on Arenas or Mccluster (sp) for special teams, and a S later in the draft.

Hey man, welcome aboard!

I, too, have thought about Mt. Cody dropping to us at #49 which would be a very good pick. Sure he can only play two downs, but damn what nice two downs that would be. He moves so well laterally in the two gap especially being able to take on double teams with ease.

Given that Franklin will be franchised this year, maybe Mt. Cody could be our man especially if Singletary takes him under his wing and transforms him like Vernon and Brooks.

Can you imagine a 330 pound cody losing almost 40 pounds during the off-season.

Singletary will know immediately after interviewing this fat fool. Hopefully, the fool on the hill(MT.) will wake up and pay attention to the opportunity slapping him in the face.

In my last mock, I changed him at the last minute. My three picks being Bulaga, Iupati, and Mt. Cody.

Wouldn't that make Mike, the lover of linemen, very happy?

I just don't think its going to happen.

With those players in the trenches we could trully turn into a
M. Singletary team! (Bully's of the NFC West!)
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I officially change my stance here, we can go Baluga & Iupati in the first, but then in the second (or whenever we can snag him 3rd or 4th round) we should go Mount Cody and just become the Bully's of the NFC West!

I like Spiller, and Dez White, and all of the other flashy players but if you guys want to build the trenches in this draft; I say go all out, pedal to the medal!

MClaine would be the only thing that would make me think twice about this, and if he falls to us we would then have to choose not to select one of the O-linemen (I would say Iupati goes).

Then focus on Arenas or Mccluster (sp) for special teams, and a S later in the draft.

Hey man, welcome aboard!

I, too, have thought about Mt. Cody dropping to us at #49 which would be a very good pick. Sure he can only play two downs, but damn what nice two downs that would be. He moves so well laterally in the two gap especially being able to take on double teams with ease.

Given that Franklin will be franchised this year, maybe Mt. Cody could be our man especially if Singletary takes him under his wing and transforms him like Vernon and Brooks.

Singletary will know immediately after interviewing this fat fool. Hopefully, the fool on the hill(MT.) will wake up and pay attention to the opportunity slapping him in the face.

In my last mock, I changed him at the last minute. My three picks being Bulaga, Iupati, and Mt. Cody.

Not a fan of Cody, im thinking a fatter Alan Branch?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Hey man, welcome aboard!

A very strong and yes fatter Allan Branch backing up Franklin wouldn't be too bad would it?

I think we are speculating though, and I say this because Cody will wow everyone at the combine and be a mid to late first rounder. Teams like the Steelers & Cowboys will fall in love with his attributes coupled with his size.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Feb 11, 2010 at 12:53 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Hey man, welcome aboard!

A very strong and yes fatter Allan Branch backing up Franklin wouldn't be too bad would it?

I think we are speculating though, and I say this because Cody will wow everyone at the combine and be a mid to late first rounder. Teams like the Steelers & Cowboys will fall in love with his attributes coupled with his size.

Alan Branch had WAY more hype than Cody and he fell from a projected top 10 to the Cards at the top of the 2nd round. Not a Cody fan, I don't wanna draft a guy in the 2nd round with the intention of him being a backup. Franklin will eventually get signed to a long term deal. Cody won't see the field much here in SF.

Hey man, welcome aboard!

Alan Branch had WAY more hype than Cody and he fell from a projected top 10 to the Cards at the top of the 2nd round. Not a Cody fan, I don't wanna draft a guy in the 2nd round with the intention of him being a backup. Franklin will eventually get signed to a long term deal. Cody won't see the field much here in SF.

Raji was drafted right before crabbtree last year, so you never know. All depends on what he does at the combine. We could use anoth unmovable force in the middle of our 3-4 defense!
Bulaga will be an exception...and another big difference is we now have fresh blood in the OL coaching ranks. One of Solari's trademarks is his ability to coach-up rookies so they can play and be productive their first season. Add Ray Brown to the mix, and we've got two guys who can mold our OL into a much better unit. Agree, 2nd rd is optimum to get the OG...hopefully Alabama's Mike Johnson. Singletary needs to get his stud RT...at #13, to make up for not getting Oher last year when Crabtree fell to him.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Bulaga will be an exception...and another big difference is we now have fresh blood in the OL coaching ranks. One of Solari's trademarks is his ability to coach-up rookies so they can play and be productive their first season. Add Ray Brown to the mix, and we've got two guys who can mold our OL into a much better unit. Agree, 2nd rd is optimum to get the OG...hopefully Alabama's Mike Johnson. Singletary needs to get his stud RT...at #13, to make up for not getting Oher last year when Crabtree fell to him.

Crabtree was the absolute right pick last year.

I do love what Solari and Brown will do for the line though.
Share 49ersWebzone