LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

What are the chances that.....

Eric Berry falls to #13. Is it a lock that we take him at 13.

I only say this because nobody said Crabtee would fall and he did!!!!!
Not going to happen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Keep wishing.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Jan 13, 2010 at 06:28:47 ]
The only team I can see not taking him would be:

-St. Louis because 1 is too high.
-Detroit because 2 is too high and they have Delmas and that's a lot invested in the safety position.
-Buffalo because I think they have Byrd and Whitner.

St. Louis (1-15)
Detroit (2-14)
Tampa Bay (3-13)
Washington (4-12)
Kansas City (4-12)
Seattle (5-11)
Cleveland (5-11)
Oakland (5-11)
Buffalo (6-10)
Jacksonville^ (7-9)
Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9)
Miami (7-9)
San Francisco (8-8)

So of 12 other teams 9 could possibly take him.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
dumbest thread of the week.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Dumbest member of the zone!!!
I wouldn't naysay so quickly.

Right now he's a can't-miss prospect, but guys fall and drop all the time, the top 15 picks in mock drafts in April will look completely different than they do now. Free agents are signed, guys retire, players have amazing combines, etc.

Who would've guessed that Crabtree would fall to us? Who would've guessed that Tyson Jackson would be selected 3rd overall in last year's draft?

Things change, it's not unreasonable to suggest that he could fall to us.
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:

No I believe that goes to you for even thinking that Eric Berry will drop. Crabtree dropped because he was hurt and couldn't workout at the combine. Eric Berry is healthy, he will workout at the combine. There is no chance that he drops all the way to #13.
I think it's more likely that Bryant and McClain fall than Berry. I wouldn't be shocked if Berry fell out of the Top-5, but I still expect him to be long gone by #13.
Originally posted by strickac:
I think it's more likely that Bryant and McClain fall than Berry. I wouldn't be shocked if Berry fell out of the Top-5, but I still expect him to be long gone by #13.

Agree

Originally posted by strickac:

I have Bryant pegged to go to Cle
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:

No I believe that goes to you for even thinking that Eric Berry will drop. Crabtree dropped because he was hurt and couldn't workout at the combine. Eric Berry is healthy, he will workout at the combine. There is no chance that he drops all the way to #13.

Crabtree dropped cause he was hurt. Right??? When did everyone find out he was hurt, oh yeah little bit before the combine, so in January everything is set in stone all mock drafts might as well be the real draft because nothing changes at all no injuries, no bad interviews, no retirements, no trades, no nothing nada ziltch.

So, Nostraf**kendamus, what is the Lotto numbers for the month of April seeing as you know what is going to happen!!!!
No way he gets passed Cleveland unless he tears up his knee or an injury that causes long rehab
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
He doesn't have any character concerns like Crabtree had and he also hasn't had an injury to scare teams away. The only way he makes it to 13 is if he tears up some knee ligaments or gets arrested.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
He doesn't have any character concerns like Crabtree had and he also hasn't had an injury to scare teams away. The only way he makes it to 13 is if he tears up some knee ligaments or gets arrested.

Are you suggesting that we frame him?

Share 49ersWebzone