There are 250 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

QB Jarrett Brown, WVU is going to the Senior Bowl Link.

He's my pick for a late round development QB. Really athletic like Tebow and Locker but great arm- think of Steve McNair. Only has one year of experience because he played behind Pat White but he has all the physical tools that coaches love to mold.

He'll need to learn some mechanics because he gets by on pure athletic ability most of the time.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Jan 13, 2010 at 20:10:32 ]
TEBOW
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Sean Canfield will be the best QB prospect at the Senior Bowl. Too bad he won't be drafted by us.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Sean Canfield will be the best QB prospect at the Senior Bowl. Too bad he won't be drafted by us.

i too think he will the best QB at ther senior bowl, with a good showing, plus good combine and pro day, he could end up in the 2nd rd, early part. And surpase McCoy as 3rd QB.

I have canfield as my 4th QB behind Clausen, Bradford, McCoy and ahead of Tebow and Pike.
Mobile, AL. (Jan. 14)---A pair of Georgia Bulldogs will line up next to each other for at least one more time later this month in the 2010 Under Armour Senior Bowl. Defensive tackles Jeff Owens and Geno Atkins have both accepted invitations to the senior showcase event, officials announced today. Kickoff for the 61st game is set for 3pm (CT) on January 30th in Mobile's Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The game and all practices are televised by the NFL Network.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Mobile, AL. (Jan. 14)---A pair of Georgia Bulldogs will line up next to each other for at least one more time later this month in the 2010 Under Armour Senior Bowl. Defensive tackles Jeff Owens and Geno Atkins have both accepted invitations to the senior showcase event, officials announced today. Kickoff for the 61st game is set for 3pm (CT) on January 30th in Mobile's Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The game and all practices are televised by the NFL Network.

I'm rooting for this guy cus he has my name (except without the lousy S in his last name).

Good! More to compare against Iupati!

So far, Dan Williams, Mt. Cody, these two and who else will match up against him?

I am looking forward to this event more than in years past.
Mobile, AL. (Jan. 15)---Former Florida State safety Myron Rolle will be putting down his text books and picking up his football pads later this month at the 2010 Under Armour Senior Bowl.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

i too think he will the best QB at ther senior bowl, with a good showing, plus good combine and pro day, he could end up in the 2nd rd, early part. And surpase McCoy as 3rd QB.

I have canfield as my 4th QB behind Clausen, Bradford, McCoy and ahead of Tebow and Pike.

I watched him a bunch locally and he has nice poise. He played well in big games with not too much around him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I watched him a bunch locally and he has nice poise. He played well in big games with not too much around him.

Pretty much the reason I want us to draft him.

Can't wait to see what happens this week!
The Under Armour Senior Bowl hopes to continue its tradition of providing the proving ground for small school standouts with the addition of three players from non-Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) schools to its roster today. Wayne State running back Joique (pronounced JOYK) Bell, Citadel wide receiver Andre Roberts and Massachusetts offensive tackle Vladimir Ducasse have all accepted invitations to the 2010 game, bowl officials announced today. Kickoff for the January 30th event is set for 3pm (CT) in Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium and the game will be televised by the NFL Network.
The Under Armour Senior Bowl hopes to continue its tradition of providing the proving ground for small school standouts with the addition of three players from non-Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) schools to its roster today. Wayne State running back Joique (pronounced JOYK) Bell, Citadel wide receiver Andre Roberts and Massachusetts offensive tackle Vladimir Ducasse have all accepted invitations to the 2010 game, bowl officials announced today. Kickoff for the January 30th event is set for 3pm (CT) in Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium and the game will be televised by the NFL Network.

I'm eager to see Roberts and Ducasse.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
VANDAL HEADED TO MOBILE: The North squad's offensive line got a whole lot bigger with the announcement of University of Idaho guard Mike Iupati accepting an invitation to play in the senior showcase event.

Iupati, who stands 6-foot-6 and weighs 325 pounds, earned consensus All-American honors this season after being named to the first team by The Associated Press, Walter Camp, American Football Coaches Association and the Football Writers Association of America.

An Outland Trophy finalist and first team All-WAC selection, Iupati helped the Vandals claim just the second bowl victory in program history -- a 43-42 win over Bowling Green in the Humanitarian Bowl.

He didn't allow a single sack all season and graded out at 90 percent or better in all 13 games.

Iupati Going to Mobile

Good news.

Can't wait to see how he fares against the others. I expect him to still do terrific.

question for you OTC or MD.
o
is 6'6" to tall to be an OG in the NFL, i think they go as tall as 6'4"
just curious being that guards go up againts those 6'1" 6'3" DT .
will leverage be a problem. ive also heard that he mite be tried at RT.

Some of these young pups are so athletic these days that they can get under the pad level of the DT's they face. I don't see any reason why tall, solid, knee-bending interior linemen like Iupati and Pouncey will have any problem. The problem is with the tall, unbalanced, waist-benders.

I thought Kyle Calloway played his best game of the year for Iowa in the bowl game lined up as the RG, instead of the RT. And, he's a 6'7" player. Trent Williams held up playing center in the bowl game. So, it just depends on the athlete.

Our pops interior linemen were fat, lumbering guys. These new generation guys are good athletes.

There are not a lot of dudes that can play guard at 6 6 in the nfl

I like the idea that he could play tackle or guard.
Share 49ersWebzone