There are 185 users in the forums

If we get an Offensive Lineman via FA...

Does that open the door to using our two 1st rounders on play makers?
only lineman i can see us targeting is logan mankins or stephen neal. depending on what the pats do. the rt will be drafted
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I for the life of me don't understand why people seem to think we need to draft a RT in the 1st round. If RT is the best player available at the time and we select. So be it. But it's not a must. Can still get quality guys in the 2nd and 3rd.
Originally posted by krizay:
I for the life of me don't understand why people seem to think we need to draft a RT in the 1st round. If RT is the best player available at the time and we select. So be it. But it's not a must. Can still get quality guys in the 2nd and 3rd.

i agree 100%

Thats what I'm saying. If we can get a combination of CJ Spiller and Joe Haden arent we then take pressure off the Line because...

1 - Spillers' ability in chunks of yardage offensively + KR-PR.
2 - Hadens ability to shut down the offensive weapons of the opposition. INTS, Shrinking the playing field.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

i agree 100%

damn finally some sense on the webzone
Originally posted by Reckless:

Thats what I'm saying. If we can get a combination of CJ Spiller and Joe Haden arent we then take pressure off the Line because...

2 - Hadens ability to shut down the offensive weapons of the opposition. INTS, Shrinking the playing field.

Agree & really like this combo!
Originally posted by Reckless:

i will go walnuts in a good way if we some how came out with spiller and haden in the draft. then we get an olineman in the 2nd
I`m not taking a chance if I am the GM. Snyder leads the NFL in sacks given up and Our line as a whole needs a major overhaul. I`m definately not going to depend on a 3rd rd pick being able to start at RT for me.

RT is a huge need for us and there are a lot of tackles who can go around the time our first pick is...of course if Chicago wins right now that likely means the Saints take a dive against Carolina and we wind up picking around 15-20 with our first pick.

RTs possibly available Brian Bulaga, Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell and Trent Williams.

I would say any of those guys would seem like a good pick at that spot without it being a reach. If all of those guys are gone I certainly hope we don't reach out of need...but I'd have a hard time thinking all those guys are off the board when we pick but you never know.

This is only IF we get an offensive lineman in FA.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

i agree 100%

damn finally some sense on the webzone
Yea this years free agency is going to heavily affect our draft, we need to be on that phone at midnite and i for one am praying for a new cba so we can have more fa's to choose from
Originally posted by 228niner:
Yea this years free agency is going to heavily affect our draft, we need to be on that phone at midnite and i for one am praying for a new cba so we can have more fa's to choose from

That's key. No CBA agreement and we can forget any real impressive free agents.
Originally posted by genus49:

RT is a huge need for us and there are a lot of tackles who can go around the time our first pick is...of course if Chicago wins right now that likely means the Saints take a dive against Carolina and we wind up picking around 15-20 with our first pick.

RTs possibly available Brian Bulaga, Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell and Trent Williams.

I would say any of those guys would seem like a good pick at that spot without it being a reach. If all of those guys are gone I certainly hope we don't reach out of need...but I'd have a hard time thinking all those guys are off the board when we pick but you never know.

Completely agree. There is NO WAY we will roll the dice and hope that we can find a quality OT in the later rounds.

Baas, Chilo and Snyder were all second rounders and most would argue they they aren't getting it done.

Guarantee that if Bulaga, Davis, Campbell or Williams are there with our first selection, the pick will be made.

With the second first rounder, I'd love Haden but he'll probably be gone. Warming up to Spiller who would play the Percy Harvin role for the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone