There are 212 users in the forums

Prospect Watch Thread Two: Bowl Week of 12/26-12/29

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
For The Win

LOL Thank you.

I was hoping I posted it in the right terms!!!!

I was hoping it wasn't "For The Weak".
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Is it me or did Taylor Mays look a little lost out there tonight??

Does Darnell Bing ring a bell....

I think Mays has potential to slip all the way to the bottom of the 2nd round.

A Michael Johnson type of slide maybe?

Michael Johnson just slid because of the numbers game -- a lot of prospects, and he was a very good one, and he's done just fine in Cincy in limited playing time as a rookie. Not high numbers, but often gets pretty good pressure and obviously his size helps him knock down a lot of passes.

Mays on the other hand. We'll see. I saw absolutely nothing good from him today. His tendency to go for the big hit, often drawing penalties or big whiffs, rather, will likely cost him, and he very well could fall that far.

He's not a ballhawk, he's not a sure tackler. He's just big and fast. That's not going to cut it in the NFL.

I agree. He was constantly looking for the big hit today, which prevented him to make plays on the ball. I think his senior year might have made him lose out on millions and he should've came out his junior year. So far every time I've watched him this year hes been either an invisible man or looking lost on an island. If I were him I wouldn't attend the Senior Bowl. Taylor Mays totally disappointed me.

.....man I hope Morgan Burnett declares for the draft, hes pretty much the only Safety I'd consider after Berry, well him and Earl Thomas IMO.

Eric Berry
Morgan Burnett
Earl Thomas

FTW (wtf does this mean anyway???)

Thomas and Burnett are sick. I would definitely take one of them if we can't get a lockdown CB like Haden.

Is Joe Haden even declaring for the draft?? Any word on that??
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Is it me or did Taylor Mays look a little lost out there tonight??

Does Darnell Bing ring a bell....

I think Mays has potential to slip all the way to the bottom of the 2nd round.

A Michael Johnson type of slide maybe?

Michael Johnson just slid because of the numbers game -- a lot of prospects, and he was a very good one, and he's done just fine in Cincy in limited playing time as a rookie. Not high numbers, but often gets pretty good pressure and obviously his size helps him knock down a lot of passes.

Mays on the other hand. We'll see. I saw absolutely nothing good from him today. His tendency to go for the big hit, often drawing penalties or big whiffs, rather, will likely cost him, and he very well could fall that far.

He's not a ballhawk, he's not a sure tackler. He's just big and fast. That's not going to cut it in the NFL.

I agree. He was constantly looking for the big hit today, which prevented him to make plays on the ball. I think his senior year might have made him lose out on millions and he should've came out his junior year. So far every time I've watched him this year hes been either an invisible man or looking lost on an island. If I were him I wouldn't attend the Senior Bowl. Taylor Mays totally disappointed me.

.....man I hope Morgan Burnett declares for the draft, hes pretty much the only Safety I'd consider after Berry, well him and Earl Thomas IMO.

Eric Berry
Morgan Burnett
Earl Thomas

FTW (wtf does this mean anyway???)

Thomas and Burnett are sick. I would definitely take one of them if we can't get a lockdown CB like Haden.

Is Joe Haden even declaring for the draft?? Any word on that??

I don't know to tell you the truth. After having won the National Championship a year ago and Meyer leaving this year I assume he would. There's not much to gain from coming back, his stock is pretty high.
Originally posted by PTulini:
OTC, just curious... What are your thoughts on Clemson's Ricky Sapp? I just heard ESPN's Todd McShay say Sapp will be a rush LB in the NFL and he projects Sapp to go in the late 1st-early 2nd Round. Will he draw any interest from the 49ers? In my opinion, you can never have too many pass rushers!

Sapp is a speedy freak, and his bowl game will have a big impact on his value to scouts. He should clock in the 4.5's at around 6-3 245. He doesn't have great bulk so he's not really going to bull-rush tackles in the NFL, they'll just wash him out, which is why I might be weary of trying to use Sapp as a WILL. He'd probably backup Manny at SAM.

If he's there in the 2nd, sure, nab him. But I wouldn't trade up for Sapp. There are a lot of great pass rushers, including small school prospect Austen Lane, that I would be happy to have fall in our laps in the second. We need to focus on BPA. If Michigan's Donovan Warren is there, he could be the pick too.

There are so many good players this year that should be available at crucial positions of need for the 49ers. Like last year, I'll have my chart ready for draft day, looking at all the possible options for us, as well as keeping track of who the BPA's are.
I can't wait to see CJ Spiller light it up!

I am so ready to watch him play tonite! Gonna be a fun & exciting game.
Just about an hour and a half away from watching some explosive players tonight.

The big three I'll be watching: CB Trevard Lindley, RB C.J. Spiller, and OLB Ricky Sapp.
Originally posted by tohara3:

i'm looking forward to it too
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by tohara3:

i'm looking forward to it too

Nice return to start the game.
Jacoby Ford with a Clemson TD. The kid has some serious wheels.

Jacoby Ford scorched Lindley.

So far, Ford is winning the Ford vs. Lindley matchup. And Spiller, although a great run on that reception, is lucky he didn't lose that fumble.
Jacoby Ford scorched Lindley.

So far, Ford is winning the Ford vs. Lindley matchup. And Spiller, although a great run on that reception, is lucky he didn't lose that fumble.

Yes Ford is winning that battle right now. Spiller made that run just look so easy.
Though he's probably too small to be considered a 3-4 OLB prospect, I like what I see from Kavell Conner so far tonight.
The reason I'm not a big fan of Ricky Sapp is because of exactly what's happening tonight. Simply unable to fight off blocks. I don't think he's been anywhere near the QB today.
I need Clemson to win
Share 49ersWebzone