LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Should We Tank?

Should We Tank?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by King49er:
LOL at this thread... you guys never cease to amaze me.....

Yeah lets start breeding loosers. It is bad enough that this team has not been able to win for the last 8 years, they are now purposely loosing games.

I can understand getting the younger guys reps, but make them at least earn it.

Reminds me of the end of the season before the Reggie Bush draft!!

Exactly, and look how he panned out.

This place was retarded because so many people "thought" we should tank the season...

Anyone who would suggest that a team should "tank" a season and lose games on purpose just to gain a higher spot in the draft is not a true fan of the game and essentially has no idea what they are talking about IMO..

This thread should be locked, this is a football forum`and losing on purpose is not an option, let alone discussing it.

end this thread please, I like to think that place should have some dignity...
  • Ether
  • Veteran

Yeah lets start breeding loosers. It is bad enough that this team has not been able to win for the last 8 years, they are now purposely loosing games.

This place was retarded because so many people "thought" we should tank the season...

Anyone who would suggest that a team should "tank" a season and lose games on purpose just to gain a higher spot in the draft is not a true fan of the game and essentially has no idea what they are talking about IMO..

This thread should be locked, this is a football forum`and losing on purpose is not an option, let alone discussing it.

Im sorry, this team's dignity was lost when they traded a Hall of Famer in Terrell Owens for Brandon Whiting and a 4th round pick. We lost our dignity a loooooooong time ago.

I will admit that I wanted to tank to get some Bush . At least I learned my lesson.
Originally posted by Ether:

Im sorry, this team's dignity was lost when they traded a Hall of Famer in Terrell Owens for Brandon Whiting and a 4th round pick. We lost our dignity a loooooooong time ago.

I'm talking about this message board and people suggesting that we tank games...
I don't think we should tank. However, I think we really need to get some game experience for guys like Nate Davis and anyone else that we feel may be moved up. It would help them by learning only what an actual game teaches and would give our decision makers more info if we need to replace them.

Also, injuries are a big threat to any team and the better experienced our plaers are the better they'll perform under fire in a game where it counts.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't think we should tank. However, I think we really need to get some game experience for guys like Nate Davis and anyone else that we feel may be moved up. It would help them by learning only what an actual game teaches and would give our decision makers more info if we need to replace them.

Also, injuries are a big threat to any team and the better experienced our plaers are the better they'll perform under fire in a game where it counts.

Or how about let Alex Smith get used to the offense because he's gonna be the starter next year...
Even if the Niners tank, there are too many god awful teams ahead of them to make a big difference. The only team that may get hot with a worse record right now is the Redskins. They are fine just playing to win and seeing who is going to stick for the long haul.
I don't believe in at all that momentum carries over from season to season, but I just can't bring myself to root for us to lose.
hell no

Does this really need to be explained yet again? Research what actually happened.

Does this really need to be explained yet again? Research what actually happened.

that is too hard to do.

also. my opinion, no intentional losing. but like the colts once there is nothing to play for do not risk injuries. if someone has a bad hammy or bruised+ ribs, or an older vet with a young potential player behind him that you want to get time too.

right now, maybe reggie smith or marcus hudson over micheal lewis and mark roman. scott mckillop in more often, some extra dyrell biggs. stuff like that, but not intentional losing. jsut getting some guys some experience and not risking severe damage(lewis's brain)
  • Dino
  • Veteran
NO!!!
The answer to this post was evident at the Tards game on Monday. Tell that wild and crazy crowd to have our guys tank. Tell that to the players who gave their hearts and bodies to a supreme effort to win, for all intents and purposes, a supposedly meaningless game. MAYBE, just maybe, as a previous poster said, if it was the last game and we were already in the toilet, we get our young guys on the field for some game experience, and then we lose the game, but otherwise, HELL NO! Believe it or not, there is still a great deal of individual and team pride, and you can't ask such a thing and retain any kind of credibility.
Share 49ersWebzone