There are 187 users in the forums

Restore the Franchise Draft and Offseason.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks, interesting post. Many sites have Mays going to the Raiders and with Al holding the reins it seems consistent. So, Who are your alternate picks if each of these players are gone and the Chargers franchise thire LT.

De Ja Vu, Raiders draft Mays with Berry available. Carolina/9ers picks right after.
No to the whole Draft. Does not adress our primary concerns. ALthough Mays does improve our secodary, he takes awful angles and is useless in coverage ot to mention no ball skills (which is what we need in the secondary). As well, Dez is AWSOME, but we have bigger concerns (look at detroit 4 reason y not to draft 2 top recievers). I mean 2 top recievers worked for INDY (reggie and marvin) and the Cards (fitz and boldin), but the both have Superbowl champion, amazing QBs as well as at least 1 great secondary player (DRC & Bob Sanders). We need an OT and a DB (Berry or Haden).
what about trading our 2 1st for seattles 2 firsts plus their second. There seems to be alot of value in the second round. Take Berry with Seattle 1st (#9), CJ SPiller wiht the next 1st (#23), then in second round take Iupati and Trent Williams. I know it is not that realistic, (Berry will probably go befor 7, and spiller before 20), but this would rebuild our O-line, give us a home run hitter and KR/PR, and improve our secondary.
Then pick up a OLB in round three (still lots of value there).
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:
No to the whole Draft. Does not adress our primary concerns. ALthough Mays does improve our secodary, he takes awful angles and is useless in coverage ot to mention no ball skills (which is what we need in the secondary). As well, Dez is AWSOME, but we have bigger concerns (look at detroit 4 reason y not to draft 2 top recievers). I mean 2 top recievers worked for INDY (reggie and marvin) and the Cards (fitz and boldin), but the both have Superbowl champion, amazing QBs as well as at least 1 great secondary player (DRC & Bob Sanders). We need an OT and a DB (Berry or Haden).

Yes on Dez Bryant. Look at the Saints. They have awesome WR's and TE's and RB's and speedy 3rd down RB's coming out of the backfield. You need tons of elite weapons in todays NFL. All the rules are set up now a days for the offense. A great offense can be a champion in todays NFL. The Cardinals made it their on mostly offense. They didn't win but they did make it all the way to the big game. The Colts are mostly an offensive team. Offense wins in todays NFL.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 10, 2009 at 12:51:26 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:

Yes on Dez Bryant. Look at the Saints. They have awesome WR's and TE's and RB's and speedy 3rd down RB's coming out of the backfield. You need tons of elite weapons in todays NFL. All the rules are set up now a days for the offense. A great offense can be a champion in todays NFL. The Cardinals made it their on mostly offense. They didn't win but they did make it all the way to the big game. The Colts are mostly an offensive team. Offense wins in todays NFL.

Ya, but the saints have Jammal Brown(Out this season), Jahari Evans and Jonathan Stinchcomb all legit starters. Not to mention the most like candidate for MVP, Dree Brees. All the teams you mentioned, Arizona, New Orleans, Indy, have made a combine 16 Pro Bowls, won MVP 5 times, etc. As well, all though they may not have "great" Defenses, they all have play makers (darnell dockett, DRC, A.Wilson), (Dwight Freeney, Bethea, Bob Sanders(Out)), (Vilma, Sharper, Will Smith).
Its the same how Philly took DeSean and Maclin and McCoy (speedy 3rd down back). They have a "good" O-Line, a proven QB and playmakers on Defense.
Dez would definatley help, but I think we should focus on our priorities first. Plus I like Damian Williams of USC better (great route runner, good hands, faster than Dez and solid frame (6-1)).
Bryant and Mays are the two players that scare me the most in this draft. I think they have high bust-potential.

I'd stay away from Mays all together (in the 1st). Bryant though, he looks great at times. I do think that our spread offense is ideal for his style of play because he's dangerous in space and he has deceptive speed. Plus, he'd add some value as a returner. It'll be interesting to see where he gets drafted. Unless he has a spectacular offseason, I think he could fall a little.
Share 49ersWebzone