LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 143 users in the forums

Geek's Final Mock Plan for 2009

Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Say Okung is gone by the 6-8th spot. Who do you choose in place of him?

Good question. Trade down may be possible, selecting Trent Williams in the mid-teens.

Otherwise I'd take a hard long look at Dez Bryant if available - definitely not a popular pick on this board.

bruce cambel would be my pick he is a top pass proctector and is a decent run blocker
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Good question. Trade down may be possible, selecting Trent Williams in the mid-teens.

Otherwise I'd take a hard long look at Dez Bryant if available - definitely not a popular pick on this board.

bruce cambel would be my pick he is a top pass proctector and is a decent run blocker

Im really believing in the top 6-8 pick from Carolina after studying the lower-tier teams in the league (Washington, Oakland, KC, etc.). It will be almost impossible to pick higher than ninth in the first round.

My guy who will make the MOST impact for our team at this point IS Eric Berry. Okung being gone theoreticly and Trent Williams available a couple spots later with our original pick, and I think you take Berry as he should be a steal at picks 6-8 too.
What do you think
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Im really believing in the top 6-8 pick from Carolina after studying the lower-tier teams in the league (Washington, Oakland, KC, etc.). It will be almost impossible to pick higher than ninth in the first round.

My guy who will make the MOST impact for our team at this point IS Eric Berry. Okung being gone theoreticly and Trent Williams available a couple spots later with our original pick, and I think you take Berry as he should be a steal at picks 6-8 too.
What do you think

I think Berry goes in the top 5. He's just too talented to slip - but anything could happen.

What do you think

I think Berry goes in the top 5. He's just too talented to slip - but anything could happen.

Yeah, I agree, but if he falls a couple like Crabtree did this year, wow, we would have the most SUPER first rounds of any team-the drafts of '09, and '10...
...and then it could also look like,

1. Cleveland NT
2. Detroit OT
3. St. Louis QB
4. Tampa Bay DT
5. Washington OT
6. San Francisco (Car) EB
7. Kansas City
8. Oakland
9. Buffalo
10. Chicago
11. Seattle
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
I like it unless Berry is still available. We need a playmaker on defense bad. I still think S/Oline in the first round. the Panthers are done i c 4-12 or 5-11 for them. So we might be able to get Berry esp with all the teams that need QBS.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
I like it unless Berry is still available. We need a playmaker on defense bad. I still think S/Oline in the first round. the Panthers are done i c 4-12 or 5-11 for them. So we might be able to get Berry esp with all the teams that need QBS.

With another Win for the Panthers, it certainly looks like Berry will wind up on another team.
no improvements in the secondary ? oh my.
Share 49ersWebzone