LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Call me Crazy-First 15 v1.0

The site with the draft order hasn't been updated so I used the current standings and did a little estimation, so the order may be off a bit....sorry.

1. St Louis
QB Sam Bradford
Bulger is no longer a viable option in St Louis and a new face is needed, badly. Although coming off a severe injury Bradford still has the marque name and an A+ scouting report. Although Quinn could be considered, Bradford will be the frist QB taken.

2. Tampa Bay
DT Ndamukong Suh
Tampa's inability to do anything well this year will land them #2 overall and they upgrade the DL. Morris is a D guy and every battle starts upfront, Tampa goes with the nastiest DT in the draft.

3. Cleveland
RB Jonathan Dwyer
Let me start with this, Brady Quinn isn't going anywhere. Cleveland has problems everywhere but their bigger issues are on O. Although a few of the young guys (WR's) have started to show promise Cleveland simply cannot run the ball. Without a threat in the backfield and always playing from behind, opposing D's can play the pass and create coverage sacks all day. Lewis has already stated he will retire after this year and Cleveland needs a spark on the O...enter Dwyer.

4. Detroit
DT Gerald McCoy
Stafford, Johnson, Smith, and Pettigrew....the offense is young and loaded with talent. Detroit needs to replace the vacancy left by Rogers 2 years ago and looks to McCoy. Although not the top DT in the draft he's pretty close to it and starts making an impact immediately.

5. Washington
QB Jimmy Clausen
Goodbye Jim Zorn and goodbye Jason Campbell, the experiment was horrible. Snyder will want a high pedigree kid barking signals on Sundays and pulls the trigger on Clausen. Although I argued that Clausen stays for his senior year, with the near future firing of Weis, Clausen bolts for the NFL. A very intelligent pro style QB with a great arm, Clausen should do wonders in Washington.

6. Seattle
OT Russell Okung
Injuries injuries injuries.......and old age. Out with the old in with the new, this is a given.

7. Oakland
SS Taylor Mays
Good ol' Al will look to complete his track team for the next Olympics and takes the best athlete in the draft. Although this isn't really that bad of a move, its not the wisest either. Mays should be a successful enforcer for Oakland and look to start day 1.

8. Kansas City
RB CJ Spiller
Surprised....? Every mock as KC going with Berry well sorry . LJ is gone and has left a major need for KC at RB. Although this could be considered a little high for Spiller his home run threat is apparent and Haley needs help badly. If Cassel is going to succeed he's going to need some weapons and Spiller is just that.

9. Buffalo
WR Dez Bryant
TO will be gone after this year and Evans hasn't done much of anything in a long time. Regardless of who the coach is Bryant is a rare WR and passing on him would be a major mistake. Edwards may not be the long term answer but having a target like Bryant will make him look better and help soften the D for Lynch.

10. Tennessee
DT Terrence Cody
Haynesworth departure hurt the Titans more then Fisher thought it would and could. Although not the same mold as Haynesworth, Cody is a force in the middle. This is somewhat high for him but his size and skills can help push Tennessee back into a premier D.

11. San Francisco
SS/FS Eric Berry
Yes, we strike Gold 2 years in a row and land Eric Berry. Although this is low for him we have seen in the past great players can fall. With this possibly being Lewis's last year and Roman leaving, this fills a need and a luxury. His ability to play either FS or SS (along with Goldson) we put where he can do the most damage. This can happen and I have a feeling that it will!!

12. New York
DECarlos Dunlap
Ryan loves his D guys and gets arguably the best DE in the draft. Both of NY DE's (Ellis & Douglas) are into their 30's and injecting a little youth never hurts. Dunlap is a big bodied specimen and should fit nicely into NY 3-4.

13. Denver (From Chicago)
CB Joe Haden
f**k you Nolan, sorry had to get that out Who the hell would of though Denver would actually be good this year, I didn't. Surprisingly Denver is in decent shape on both sides of the ball so this pick could go to BPA with lil need. To me where Denver can add young talent is at CB and Haden is the guy. Goodman and Bailey are now into their 30's so the clock is ticking away. Denver did draft Alphonso Smith last year but Haden and Smith could start in the next few years. Having 2 young guys learning from Bailey would do wonders for Denver down the road.

14. San Francisco (From Carolina)
Trent Williams
Pop the corks, we finally did it, we have a ROT. Sing will push for this pick and Scotty being on the hot seat will do what he's told. Both ends will be covered and Sing's vision (of being able to run when we want to) will come to life. With time and the correct coaching I expect Williams to be the primary backup at LOT as well. Are wishes have been answered

15. Miami
WR Brandon LaFell
Henee is now the starter for Miami and will remain in that role next year. Miami needs a dominant WR that can get down field and catch. LaFell should jump into the starting lineup quickly and make a name for himself. Although Parcells will not love this idea it fits a need, and helps Henee move the O. With Miami's potent running attack adding a playmaker at WR will help them compete in their division.
no way berry falls that low and detriot will go after o line as well
Berry at 11? If Crabtree can fall to 10 anything can happen but right now that looks like a pipe dream.
As much as I would like that, ain't no way Berry falls that far. Cleveland would probably take him at three.
solid Justin, i like our picks, but dont see Bradford going 1, but who knows it is STL, so anything can happen.
Looks possible.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
As much as I would like that, ain't no way Berry falls that far. Cleveland would probably take him at three.

My boy is a Cle fan so I have watched every game of theirs this year, they need a RB very very BAD. Berry is a possibility anywhere, so it could happen.....?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
solid Justin, i like our picks, but dont see Bradford going 1, but who knows it is STL, so anything can happen.

I know it bothers me a lil too. But they have drafted O line and D line the last 3 years and Bulger is looking horrible. Plus I don't want to have to see Clausen twice a year, I would rather break Bradford and screw over St Louis.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I know it bothers me a lil too. But they have drafted O line and D line the last 3 years and Bulger is looking horrible. Plus I don't want to have to see Clausen twice a year, I would rather break Bradford and screw over St Louis.

I hear ya buddy.
Give me Spiller and Williams instead, and I'm sold. I'd be the happiest guy on the Webzone!
[ Edited by PTulini on Nov 23, 2009 at 7:57 PM ]

That draft would be a coup d'etat.
Could happen
  • Sacramento49er
  • Info N/A
This would be the greatest draft ever for us.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Berry at 11? If Crabtree can fall to 10 anything can happen but right now that looks like a pipe dream.

1 think to remember is that E.Berry wasn't and isn't considered a diva. he's a team player in every sense
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by teeohh:

1 think to remember is that E.Berry wasn't and isn't considered a diva. he's a team player in every sense

Remember the whole "diva" thing came from one bad interview with the Browns. Before that nobody really saw him like that, and we know now that its not the truth. Berry could potentially have the same thing happen (1 coach who doesn't like him) and then the rumors fly.
Share 49ersWebzone