There are 177 users in the forums

#1 Offseason/Draft need....

• TX9R
  • Veteran
So just because we need one, we reach like we did in 2005 and end up with a marginal player? Sorry, I just don't see a franchise guy in this draft, at least not one worth where we will be picking. I'm all for taking a developmental guy, but not in the first round this year.
QB
OL
Pass Rusher
OL
Safety
OL
OL

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 10, 2009 at 13:40:49 ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
QB!

3 of our first 4 picks should be on offensive linemen. A tackle, a tackle/guard, and a guard. That'll give us the depth we need.
Qb not that big of a need he played fairly well against the colts and did really good against the texans he has 1 bad game this season after not playing for 2 years and you guys freak out i say we fix our o line and at least give him more time with teh ball then well be a good team
OL
Pass rusher
OL
S
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
QB!

And who is going to block for this QB??
Our needs, in order, are:

OT
OLB/DE
OG
S
K/PR
QB

Now, you can argue that QB is a more important position, I think we need create an environment that a QB can succeed in first. I'd rather create that environment while giving Smith and Davis chances. That way if we have to get another QB there's a chance they might actually succeed.

Teams that just worry about getting a QB stay bad even when they get that QB because they have a bad team. Teams that worry about making the team good are the ones that are suddenly able to do well when the right QB is added to that already good team.
Playmakers!

Then, add some quality youth to our Oline.
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Berry
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL

the 49ers have 12 draft picks?

Undrafted free agents!!! Like Boone!
49ers need OL and Secondary the most

Offseason - Shannahan, Draft - OL
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Berry
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL

+1

+ infinity.
#1 rule of the draft is if you dont have a franchise QB and you have a chance to, do it.

People will ask who will block for this QB? Well not only is it easier to find a good enough O-line than a franchise QB but also an elite QB can still get the job done behind a below average OL. If Peyton Manning was our QB, we wouldn't be hearing about how the OL sucks. We do definitely need OL help badly though.

I'm not sure if there is a franchise QB in this draft. There may be with McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, Locker, or Clausen. We'll see after bowl games and offseason.

My list position wise would be: QB, OL, OLB, OL, RB, S, OL.
#1: O-Line Help
#1A: Pass Rush Help
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
#1: O-Line Help
#1A: Pass Rush Help

What he said.........plus

#2 Safety or CB with speed/return ability
Share 49ersWebzone