LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Top 10 Draft Projection- October 16, 2009

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Carolina's win pushed them to the 11th-13th draft slot with a 2-3 record.

The bad news: They play Buffalo at home this week. Buffalo will probably have a let down after an emotional win against the NYJ.

The good news: The following five weeks present a real headache:
@Arizona
@NO
Home against the Falcons
Home against the Dolphins
@NYJ

The bad news again: They play Tampa at home.

The good news again: The final four games are a nightmare for them-
@NE
Home against Minnesota
@NYG
Home against New Orleans

Projected out, I'll say they go to 3-3 after the Buffalo game, lose 4 of 5 to go to 4-7, win against Tampa to go 5-7, and then lose out to finish 5-11.

A 5-11 record usually gets a team a top 7 pick. And, with 6 teams who are absolutely abominable in the league: Tennessee, Tampa, St. Louis, KC, Cleveland, and Detroit, the Panthers are looking at that 7th-10th overall pick, in my opinion.

Nice analysis.

I'd be perfectly fine with a 7-10 pick. That's where the best players are anyways, 1-5 is for the overrated QBs and workout warriors.

Those last 4 teams may be front runners in their division and they may not need the wins that badly, especially the last game.

I'll go on a limb and say the last four teams will be fighting for home field advantage throughout the playoffs, which will keep them motivated.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Carolina's win pushed them to the 11th-13th draft slot with a 2-3 record.

The bad news: They play Buffalo at home this week. Buffalo will probably have a let down after an emotional win against the NYJ.

The good news: The following five weeks present a real headache:
@Arizona
@NO
Home against the Falcons
Home against the Dolphins
@NYJ

The bad news again: They play Tampa at home.

The good news again: The final four games are a nightmare for them-
@NE
Home against Minnesota
@NYG
Home against New Orleans

Projected out, I'll say they go to 3-3 after the Buffalo game, lose 4 of 5 to go to 4-7, win against Tampa to go 5-7, and then lose out to finish 5-11.

A 5-11 record usually gets a team a top 7 pick. And, with 6 teams who are absolutely abominable in the league: Tennessee, Tampa, St. Louis, KC, Cleveland, and Detroit, the Panthers are looking at that 7th-10th overall pick, in my opinion.

Nice analysis.

I'd be perfectly fine with a 7-10 pick. That's where the best players are anyways, 1-5 is for the overrated QBs and workout warriors.

Those last 4 teams may be front runners in their division and they may not need the wins that badly, especially the last game.

I'll go on a limb and say the last four teams will be fighting for home field advantage throughout the playoffs, which will keep them motivated.

Sounds about right. NO and Vikings are undefeated. NYG is 5-1. I see all three teams with only 2-4 losses at the end of this season so the home field advantage will be very much up in the air.
Thought I would bump this - it's from back from Oct. 2009.

It's interesting reading the comments LOL

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 29, 2010 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Thought I would bump this - it's from back from Oct. 2008.

It's interesting reading the comments LOL

-9fA

You mean Oct 2009
^^ Good call, correction made.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone