LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Top 10 Draft Projection- October 16, 2009

Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Watching today's Notre Dame USC game I'll tell you what I wish Mays did more, wrap up. He always goes for the shoulder hit. Easily taught at the next level, just something he needs to make a habit at the next level imo.

Damn I just saw him do it again at the goal line. They roll off him for like an extra 3 yards.

See this is my problem with Mays. Every time I watch him I always think that he could've had a greater impact on the game. Berry on the other hand is the real deal.

both are the real deal berry is better but mays is good but the reality is we weont be in the position to pick berry and mays fits singeltary's tough mindset honestly if we get berry ill be the happiest guy in the world but if he dosnt fall to us and we pick up mays i wouldnt mind that either
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:
Locker going #1 proves how s**tty this QB class is.

I disagree Locker has a lot to offer at the next level. He is playing well this season and it is only his first in something that resembles a pro offense.

I don't know why you hate on this QB class so much.

Because I don't believe there is an elite quarterback prospect in this draft. Every single one of the top quarterbacks is flawed in some way.

Bradford's arm strength, inability to take a hit, and playing in a non-conventional offense are all serious concerns.

Locker was somewhat intriguing when he was flying under the radar last year. Now everyone is on his bandwagon because of his supposed "tools," when he's looked mediocre any time I've watched him play.

Colt McCoy should be a mid-round pick. Snead's decision-making is laughable.

Tebow's flaws are well-documented but I like his toughness and physical abilities a lot though. I'd possibly take a chance on Tim Tebow or Pike in round 2/3. The only quarterback I'd be willing to take in the first round is Jimmy Clausen. I've started warming up to him watching the past couple games against USC and Michigan State.
[ Edited by crzy on Oct 17, 2009 at 7:29 PM ]
Mays is nothing like Roy Williams.

The reason williams was horrible was that he was slow as molasses. Everyone says Mays is ridiculously fast.

agree

I disagree Locker has a lot to offer at the next level. He is playing well this season and it is only his first in something that resembles a pro offense.

Because I don't believe there is an elite quarterback prospect in this draft. Every single one of the top quarterbacks is flawed in some way.

Bradford's arm strength, inability to take a hit, and playing in a non-conventional offense are all serious concerns.

Locker was somewhat intriguing when he was flying under the radar last year. Now everyone is on his bandwagon because of his supposed "tools," when he's looked mediocre any time I've watched him play.

Tebow's flaws are well-documented but I like his toughness and physical abilities a lot though. I'd possibly take a chance on Tim Tebow or Pike in round 2/3. The only quarterback I'd be willing to take in the first round is Jimmy Clausen. I've started warming up to him watching the past couple games against USC and Michigan State.

Its easy to look mediocre on a mediocre team as far as Locker is concerned. He is the reason they have looked good decent at all.

I think Bradford's arm strength is not a question, neither is his inability to take a hit. You would injury your shoulder if you fell on it with your arm up. Not playing in a conventional offense is legitimate.

McCoy and Tebow I don't like either, but i think Locker and Bradford both offer big upside.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Its easy to look mediocre on a mediocre team as far as Locker is concerned. He is the reason they have looked good decent at all.

I think Bradford's arm strength is not a question, neither is his inability to take a hit. You would injury your shoulder if you fell on it with your arm up. Not playing in a conventional offense is legitimate.

McCoy and Tebow I don't like either, but i think Locker and Bradford both offer big upside.

What is your thoughts on Clausen.

Um, I cant get over how funny looking he is?

I don't like ND so i feel kinda biased, but from what ive seen he has a pretty strong arm and good mobility, but his accuracy is questionable. Having Tate around sure has helped, while having such a crappy Oline certainly hasn't. I think he could be a solid pro.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I don't like ND so i feel kinda biased, but from what ive seen he has a pretty strong arm and good mobility, but his accuracy is questionable. Having Tate around sure has helped, while having such a crappy Oline certainly hasn't. I think he could be a solid pro.

Eli Manning didn't look like much of a quarterback either, in terms of appearance.
I wish Berry would fall to us.

Eli Manning didn't look like much of a quarterback either, in terms of appearance.

Very true. Neither Does McCoy.

Should we start drafting based on how people look? I think so.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I just noticed that you have Jake Locker going #1 overall.

That's...ridiculous.

Scouts love the kid. He's very athletic, has the strongest arm in college football, and is a pretty good leader.

He's surely not my favorite QB, but I believe the scouts and coaches are going to enamored with his intangibles.

Another point in Locker's favor is having Sarkisian there to groom him. I think Clausen and Mallett also showed up pretty well against top defenses in USC and Florida today. Of course, these guys all have to declare...but if they do it's a solid qb class imo.
Had a chance to re-watch USC LT Charles Brown against the Irish. Just a stunning performance.

Although he wasn't matched up against anyone of significance, I think scouts are going to love his mobility and footwork, use of hands, and knee-bending.

He's listed at 292 right now, but I don't think 15 pounds will be an issue to add to his frame this offseason.
If they draft Mays at that pick I'm going to be sick.

I would rather have any of Trent Williams, Greg Hardy, Joe Haden or Jimmy Clausen before we took Mays.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Had a chance to re-watch USC LT Charles Brown against the Irish. Just a stunning performance.

Although he wasn't matched up against anyone of significance, I think scouts are going to love his mobility and footwork, use of hands, and knee-bending.

He's listed at 292 right now, but I don't think 15 pounds will be an issue to add to his frame this offseason.

After watching Mays against ND the kid didn't impress. The single most fundamental skill of a defender is proper tackling, the kid doesn't understand how to do that. I know he has all the physical traits but he goes for the home run every play and would be a serious danger at SS. If Berry isn't available when we pick I would have no problem bypassing S and waiting till a later round.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

After watching Mays against ND the kid didn't impress. The single most fundamental skill of a defender is proper tackling, the kid doesn't understand how to do that. I know he has all the physical traits but he goes for the home run every play and would be a serious danger at SS. If Berry isn't available when we pick I would have no problem bypassing S and waiting till a later round.

agreed about Mays.

and theres quite a few Safeties out there for 2010.

Just to name a few, Earl Thomas(Texas), Major Wright(UF), Nate Allen(USF), Kam Chancellor(VT), Deunta Williams(UNC), Morgan Burnett(GT), and the list goes on.
Share 49ersWebzone