LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Is Bradford damaged goods?

What are the odds Jake Locker would be available in the 2nd round?
sorry double post
[ Edited by DesiDez on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 9rFan84:

Not good. Locker and Claussen are quickly separating themselves from the rest of the pack.

Locker reminds me of Phillip Rivers and
Claussen reminds me of Aaron Rodgers

Bradford has a better shot of being available in the 2nd rd. Even if Bradford was healthy, Locker and Claussen would surpass him. They just have better tools than Sam.

You can pretty much guarantee Locker and Claussen will leave early. Everybody will point to the Bradford's injuries as a perfect reason.
Maiocco just tweeted that Alex Smith is going over the scenarios for Bradford.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He should have had surgery the first time he did it. Now, he's going to be up against the Combine, if he decides to go pro.
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Not good. Locker and Claussen are quickly separating themselves from the rest of the pack.

Bradford has a better shot of being available in the 2nd rd. Even if Bradford was healthy, Locker and Claussen would surpass him. They just have better tools than Sam.

You can pretty much guarantee Locker and Claussen will leave early. Everybody will point to the Bradford's injuries as a perfect reason.

Thanks for the insight

No way Locker or Claussen have better skills than Bradford. Reading defenses is the most important quality QBs possess. The second most important is accuracy. Third arm strength. Bradford is the best QB at the first two. Claussen is excellent at reading defenses, but has very poor accuracy and arm strength. Locker on the other hand has a nice blend of all three.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

No way Locker or Claussen have better skills than Bradford. Reading defenses is the most important quality QBs possess. The second most important is accuracy. Third arm strength. Bradford is the best QB at the first two. Claussen is excellent at reading defenses, but has very poor accuracy and arm strength. Locker on the other hand has a nice blend of all three.

These are my 3 favorite QB's and I'm hoping we can grab one, but I think you're a bit off on the Clausen report. Everything I've seen from him shows that he can hit deep targets (albeit with too much of an arc and not enough laser-beam... he might need a Vincent Jackson-type target in the NFL to go up and snatch those). And, his accuracy looks pretty darn good to me. I can't see how you can have poor accuracy and qualify as a potential #1 pick. Perhaps you were embelishing a bit on that?

I am, however, still highly intrigued by Bradford and think we have a good shot of getting him now without having to give up more picks.
"And, his accuracy looks pretty darn good to me. I can't see how you can have poor accuracy and qualify as a potential #1 pick. Perhaps you were embelishing a bit on that?"

As far Claussen's accuracy. Did you watch him on Saturday against USC? Tate really makes him look a lot better than he is. He missed badly on three throws in the last 4 plays. I mean badly. I'll give you a germane example of a #1 pick who is not accurate: Alex smith. Guy has no ability to hit a reciever in stride. Or how about Tim Couch. Akili Smith ring a bell? Or how about Ryan Leaf? These guys are not out of the league because they were extremely accurate QBs. Still think I am embelishing?
Yeah, I saw the SC game and he didn’t “miss badly” on 3 of the last 4 plays. He missed one pass by the goal line, threw up a lob that was almost caught (moreso than being intercepted) and the final, potentially game tie-er where the receiver slipped on a perfect throw. I didn’t see any bad misses, though, despite playing a great D.

Those other guys you mentioned all played in spread offenses and/or were undreclassmen, so it’s no surprise they struggled in the pros. dropping those names is no indication of what JC will do. Actually, I think Bradford is more likely to fall on his face in the NFL than Clausen. That’s just me, though. Clausen has shown markedly-improved accuracy and won some pretty close games this year. I like him best as far as when the game is on the line and that has to say something about his accuracy.

So, yeah, he doesn't have Bradford accuracy, but he still has Good accuracy and can throw deep.

I think Bradford's stock just dropped into the 4th or 5th round. I say snatch him up then let him heal and sit on the bench and we have our new franchise QB
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:
I think Bradford's stock just dropped into the 4th or 5th round. I say snatch him up then let him heal and sit on the bench and we have our new franchise QB

Originally posted by Kolohe:

co-signed

How is that? did he not injure his throwing shoulder TWICE!!!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

How is that? did he not injure his throwing shoulder TWICE!!!!!!

He will opt for season ending surgery and sit and rehab the injury. Crabtree did not even do squat during the off-season and he still was drafted in the top 10. Your crazy if you think Bradford's stock will drop that low, and I will guarantee that he will not be there in the 4th round.
Share 49ersWebzone