LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Is Bradford damaged goods?

nate davis ftw !
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by crzy:
I really hate this quarterback class.

I agree if you are referring to the guys who had all the hype early on before the games started: Bradford, McCoy, Snead.

But there's alot to like if Locker, Clausen, and Mallett declare.

with a likely rookie salary cap coming in 2011, I would expect most of these guys to declare for the draft
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by strickac:
ESPN's Mortenson said he polled some GMs around the NFL about this and the reaction was split. Half felt he was still a Top-10 QB. They feel that Locker is most likely moving into position to being the 1st QB taken.

This potentially could be great for us. I think Bradford is the best QB in his class and we could be in position to draft him with Carolina's pick. With Hill, it wouldn't matter who we draft at QB. They wouldn't be expected to contribute for a couple years, so Bradford's shoulder injury shouldn't be a concern for us.

I wouldn't draft him. He is looking like Alex Smith to me. Spread QB, shoulder injury,need to learn to take drops on a regular basis. I wouldn't draft him in the first at all. He may elect to take a medical redshirt this year and play in college next year to increase his stock.

Bradford is as accurate as P. Manning, Smith never was that accurate. Locker does the one thing that NFL caliber QBs must do: he throws to the spot BEFORE the reciever gets open. That is why teams will draft him in the top ten, in addition to his strong arm and pocket presence. Locker is as good a prospect as Stafford was last year, just with less hoopla. If he was at USC with all those weapons the guy would win the Heisman running away.
Maybe not.

But we cant risk $60 million on possibly damaged goods.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I think he absolutely has to stay for his senior year. Too many question marks with the shoulder injury.

I was telling my wife he cost himself millions staying another year.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Shoulder injuries are deadly, I'll pass on Bradford.

I'd still take a shot at either Clausen or Snead if they declare.
[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:

Agree. Wouldn't touch him after he has injured the shoulder twice now.
Originally posted by tohara3:

So none of you would have Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees as the qb for SF? They had the same injury as Bradford.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by tohara3:

So none of you would have Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees as the qb for SF? They had the same injury as Bradford.

We're the Niners, we have s**t for luck
I dont believe he can be considered damaged goods at this point. However, I do think his draft position is going to fall from top 3 to top 15 because of the injury.

I think the Niners should take the stud OT first ( Williams or Okung) and then if Bradford, Locker and maybe Claussen somehow were there for their 2nd pick pull the trigger on them.

Obviously, Hill or Smith are not the answer. I think they need to go after this year and the team needs to get a QB to come in and compete with Nate Davis for QB of the future ( and maybe present)

Bradford to have surgery, out for season

I would imagine he will stay for his senior year.

But a QB who has had surgery twice on his throwing shoulder? No thanks.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

i wouldnt touch him with a 39 1/2 foot pole
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

that sucks
there is TOO much money to be lost.....he will stay one more year and try to play lights out or die trying.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by strickac:
ESPN's Mortenson said he polled some GMs around the NFL about this and the reaction was split. Half felt he was still a Top-10 QB. They feel that Locker is most likely moving into position to being the 1st QB taken.

This potentially could be great for us. I think Bradford is the best QB in his class and we could be in position to draft him with Carolina's pick. With Hill, it wouldn't matter who we draft at QB. They wouldn't be expected to contribute for a couple years, so Bradford's shoulder injury shouldn't be a concern for us.

I wouldn't draft him. He is looking like Alex Smith to me. Spread QB, shoulder injury,need to learn to take drops on a regular basis. I wouldn't draft him in the first at all. He may elect to take a medical redshirt this year and play in college next year to increase his stock.

Bradford is as accurate as P. Manning, Smith never was that accurate. Locker does the one thing that NFL caliber QBs must do: he throws to the spot BEFORE the reciever gets open. That is why teams will draft him in the top ten, in addition to his strong arm and pocket presence. Locker is as good a prospect as Stafford was last year, just with less hoopla. If he was at USC with all those weapons the guy would win the Heisman running away.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear when I posted last. When I said Bradford looked like Alex I meant as far as becoming an NFL QB he has the same challenges to overcome. I do agree Bradford is more accurate than Smith but he has a small frame like Smith coming out and now must deal with a shoulder injury like smith and he still has to take drops and learn to operate from under center like Smith.
There are alot of unknowns with Bradford and for me its too much unknowns to take a chance on in the first round this year.I stick to my statement of Locker, McCoy or no QB in first round.
Share 49ersWebzone