LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Is Bradford damaged goods?

Would anybody here like Tebow?

I used to not want him at all, but he's starting to convince me. I wouldn't mind if we drafted him late in the first round.
If he's out for the year, wouldn't he return for another season?
now, after two shoulder injuries in less than a year? yup.

obviously we don't know exactly how bad he's hurt today, but it doesn't look good. I could see him staying another year to rebuild his draft status, but he just went from being a top 5 kind of guy to a project QB.
Originally posted by crzy:
I really hate this quarterback class.

Very overrated or at least Was

I agree if you are referring to the guys who had all the hype early on before the games started: Bradford, McCoy, Snead.

But there's alot to like if Locker, Clausen, and Mallett declare.
Bradford still has one year of eligibility left. Considering how poor his year is going he may come back to OU next year then go pro.
Originally posted by znk916:

I agree if you are referring to the guys who had all the hype early on before the games started: Bradford, McCoy, Snead.

But there's alot to like if Locker, Clausen, and Mallett declare.

But do we even know a while lot about the others???
Neither of the hits that hurt his shoulder looked particularly bad (the first hit was worse than the second). QB's in the NFL takes hits like those from bigger players on an almost weekly basis.

This second injury makes me wonder if he might be prone to injury. Some guys are just built differently and get hurt easier. For example, Jonas Jennings comes to mind.
I would like to see him play in a couple of complete games and take these hits before I would even think of drafting him at this point. Looks pretty bad.
  • Sooner10
  • Info N/A
to whoever said clausen has problems with down the field passes.. really? do you even watch college football that is his strength. bradford in the 3rd would be a steal, he is the most accurate qb in college. tebow will never be a good nfl quarterback, possibly the best college PLAYER of all time but a horrible nfl prospect, his long delivery, inaccuracy, and lack of ability to throw the ball down field does not transfer to the NFL game. I suggest you watch some college football to anyone who talks about the players

Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Bradford still has one year of eligibility left. Considering how poor his year is going he may come back to OU next year then go pro.

lol, with the way his luck is going, 2011 will probably end up beiong a lockout year.
If he is healthy I still think he can be good.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Before I draft him, I'd like to know if he tore ligaments in that shoulder, like Alex did. If he did he'll never be the same Qb again. I'd take him in the 3rd though.
ESPN's Mortenson said he polled some GMs around the NFL about this and the reaction was split. Half felt he was still a Top-10 QB. They feel that Locker is most likely moving into position to being the 1st QB taken.

This potentially could be great for us. I think Bradford is the best QB in his class and we could be in position to draft him with Carolina's pick. With Hill, it wouldn't matter who we draft at QB. They wouldn't be expected to contribute for a couple years, so Bradford's shoulder injury shouldn't be a concern for us.
Originally posted by strickac:
ESPN's Mortenson said he polled some GMs around the NFL about this and the reaction was split. Half felt he was still a Top-10 QB. They feel that Locker is most likely moving into position to being the 1st QB taken.

This potentially could be great for us. I think Bradford is the best QB in his class and we could be in position to draft him with Carolina's pick. With Hill, it wouldn't matter who we draft at QB. They wouldn't be expected to contribute for a couple years, so Bradford's shoulder injury shouldn't be a concern for us.

I wouldn't draft him. He is looking like Alex Smith to me. Spread QB, shoulder injury,need to learn to take drops on a regular basis. I wouldn't draft him in the first at all. He may elect to take a medical redshirt this year and play in college next year to increase his stock.
Share 49ersWebzone