There are 301 users in the forums

Andrew Luck

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
1) He is a redshirt Sophmore.
2) He may not declare. There is an NFL work stoppage. What is his incentive to declare this year?
3) If he does declare we may not get him anyway.
4) IMO he is overrated by this board and other places too. The only good throws I've ever seen him make are when he has lots of time.

Yeah, and Luck looks retarded (sorry to all the retarded people out there) when he throws. He looks uncoordinated, like when a girl throws. I'll take Mallett or Stanzi over him.

I wouldn't say he looks retarded or uncoordinated. He just needs LOTS of time. Go back and look at the tape. Almost every good throw is with lots of time.

First off, let's just stop pretending that you watch "tape". Watching tape and watching youtube videos are different things.

I've stated this dozens of times before, it doesn't matter that his o-line gives him plenty of time because the type of offense they run, he only needs a quick three step drop and he flings the ball out of there. He makes quick reads, which is why the line looks better than they are. The o-line is more of a run blocking tandem, but because Luck gets the ball out so quickly, you give more credit to his line than his ability as a QB.

He has tons of time to throw. 10 times more than Locker at WA.

I know that. Everyone in this draft room knows that. We all know that Washington has no talent and that Locker basically carries that team. But your statement about Luck only throwing well when given time is completely untrue. Did you not read what I posted? A lot of the plays they run on offense only requires three step drops. And even when he does the five step drop, he quickly throws it to his receiver.

You already lose credibility for saying Luck wasn't athletic when he continually makes plays with his feet.
2) He may not declare. There is an NFL work stoppage. What is his incentive to declare this year?
4) IMO he is overrated by this board and other places too. The only good throws I've ever seen him make are when he has lots of time.

Yeah, and Luck looks retarded (sorry to all the retarded people out there) when he throws. He looks uncoordinated, like when a girl throws. I'll take Mallett or Stanzi over him.

I wouldn't say he looks retarded or uncoordinated. He just needs LOTS of time. Go back and look at the tape. Almost every good throw is with lots of time.

First off, let's just stop pretending that you watch "tape". Watching tape and watching youtube videos are different things.

I've stated this dozens of times before, it doesn't matter that his o-line gives him plenty of time because the type of offense they run, he only needs a quick three step drop and he flings the ball out of there. He makes quick reads, which is why the line looks better than they are. The o-line is more of a run blocking tandem, but because Luck gets the ball out so quickly, you give more credit to his line than his ability as a QB.

I know that. Everyone in this draft room knows that. We all know that Washington has no talent and that Locker basically carries that team. But your statement about Luck only throwing well when given time is completely untrue. Did you not read what I posted? A lot of the plays they run on offense only requires three step drops. And even when he does the five step drop, he quickly throws it to his receiver.

You already lose credibility for saying Luck wasn't athletic when he continually makes plays with his feet.

Making a play with his feet vs. WA just proves and reinforces my point. Nothing is backing up Locker. A sucky Defense is backing him and a horrendous O Line is getting him injured while under talented WR's and TE's have no speed and drop the ball.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM ]

Making a play with his feet vs. WA just proves and reinforces my point. Nothing is backing up Locker. A sucky Defense is backing him and a horrendous O Line is getting him injured while under talented WR's and TE's have no speed and drop the ball.

Remind me again why you're bringing up Jake Locker? Last time I remember, this is the ANDREW LUCK thread, and not the ANDREW LUCK VS JAKE LOCKER thread.

You keep arguing points that we all have agreed upon. Did I not say in my last post that the talent level in WA is horrible? Cus I swear I did.

You just refuse to give credit when its due when it comes to Andrew Luck. You refuse to acknowledge the fact that he's the top QB of this class if he were to declare. You pretend like you watch him play, but the things you say refute that. That or you just don't know how to tell when you're watching talent.

Oh and how about Luck running against Oregon, USC, and Arizona as other examples.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Nov 11, 2010 at 2:08 PM ]
Luck is not coming here
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

Remind me again why you're bringing up Jake Locker? Last time I remember, this is the ANDREW LUCK thread, and not the ANDREW LUCK VS JAKE LOCKER thread.

You keep arguing points that we all have agreed upon. Did I not say in my last post that the talent level in WA is horrible? Cus I swear I did.

You just refuse to give credit when its due when it comes to Andrew Luck. You refuse to acknowledge the fact that he's the top QB of this class if he were to declare. You pretend like you watch him play, but the things you say refute that. That or you just don't know how to tell when you're watching talent.

Oh and how about Luck running against Oregon, USC, and Arizona as other examples.

But, but, but... Jake Locker ran against those teams and did better running with less talent on his team which makes him a better quarterback than Andrew Luck because Andrew Luck is only lucky because that is his name and randomly bringing up Jake Locker is entirely off-topic and shows my bias towards Locker but I don't care because he is so good looking and I want to have his babies and don't want to have a real discussion on Andrew Luck or any other quarterback not named Jake Locker.
lock this s**t. No way we're getting him.
Originally posted by 23zack80:

But, but, but... Jake Locker ran against those teams and did better running with less talent on his team which makes him a better quarterback than Andrew Luck because Andrew Luck is only lucky because that is his name and randomly bringing up Jake Locker is entirely off-topic and shows my bias towards Locker but I don't care because he is so good looking and I want to have his babies and don't want to have a real discussion on Andrew Luck or any other quarterback not named Jake Locker.

I keep hearing more & more that Luck is the best QB prospect in a decade or since Peyton & NFL scouts are said to be drooling over him. That makes me wonder what is better for the future of this team, making a run to the playoffs with a 7-9/8-8 record or just tanking for Luck? While I will never root against the Niners & will be pulling for us like crazy on Sunday. In the back of my mind I'm thinking Luck could be a franchise changer the type of player who makes a team a perennial power.
not many teams need a qb i can only think of the bills and redskins who might have a worse record than us that need a qb i would also throw in the vikings who will take luck if hes there but they will have a good record and probally go with jackson anyway
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
not many teams need a qb i can only think of the bills and redskins who might have a worse record than us that need a qb i would also throw in the vikings who will take luck if hes there but they will have a good record and probally go with jackson anyway

Donovan McNabb....five-year, $78 extension

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Donovan McNabb....five-year, $78 extension

i read something about that deal though--think it was King at SI--talking about how the Redskins can opt out of it next year and not have to pay most of it. I can't remember the details, but I don't think that contract guarantees McNabb will be around that long. I definitely think that if Luck was available when the 'skins pick (not likely) that they would take him.

that said, I do think A LOT of teams need a QB. Teams with unsettled QB situations:

Vikings
Redskins
Bills
Seahawks
Raiders
Jaguars
49ers
Cardinals
Dolphins
Bengals
Panthers

I think ALL of those teams would draft Luck if they had the chance, and several of them will probably draft a QB in the 1st regardless.

[ Edited by HessianDud on Nov 18, 2010 at 19:54:12 ]

these sound like Lockexcuses to me!
I hate that niners won meaningless games to not be able to get Luck
Originally posted by ozanter:
I hate that niners won meaningless games to not be able to get Luck

this, i'd rather be 1-8 than win those 3 meaningless games
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I say we offer whomever is the worst team in the league an offer they cant refuse for Luck.

Hell we should just tank.
Share 49ersWebzone