Andrew Luck

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Conejo:
2012 NFL Draft

#1 pick) Matt Barkley
#2 pick) Andrew Luck

too early for all of this

I can't help it. I love to make profound predictions and statements remember.

yes I do
And again, I know you love making statements because they make you sound like you speak the truth

Look, first of all, they're called opinions and the purpose of this online message forum is to state opinions.

Jim Harbaugh is going to be a tremendous NFL head coach. And I thought this back in 2006 before anybody even knew he had a brother and Harbaugh was overachieving at the University of San Diego. Seeing his brother's success with the Ravens merely reinforces my belief in Jim Harbaugh. Just the mere fact that Stanford is even competitive the past few years when they've have mediocre talent every position except running back (Gerhart) is a testament to his coaching ability. And NFL general managers believe in him as well. Al Davis already knocked on his door last off-season to try and woo him into coaching the Raiders, but Harbaugh wisely turned that crap offer down.

Also, Bradford and Moore were far more talented as wide receivers than Whalen or Richard Sherman. I like Chris Owusu a bit, but he has a long ways to go.

And I was one of the biggest Trent Edwards fans around. I declared on the webzone that Edwards would be the best QB in the 07 Draft. He grew up in my hometown of Los Gatos. I watched him in high school and I really thought he would be an elite quarterback, but I've been extremely disappointed in him this season. I thought Terrell Owens would help take Edwards to the next level after his progress last season.

Anyways, I still contend that Edwards is a far superior prospect to Luck. But Luck has that prototypical size and athleticism that NFL draft experts drool over, so they'll probably overrate him in a couple years.

My "opinion" is that you should stick to basketball if you do not think Luck is all that special. I have been impressed by him all year long and amazed by the job he has done as a freshman.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
And again, I know you love making statements because they make you sound like you speak the truth

Look, first of all, they're called opinions and the purpose of this online message forum is to state opinions.

Jim Harbaugh is going to be a tremendous NFL head coach. And I thought this back in 2006 before anybody even knew he had a brother and Harbaugh was overachieving at the University of San Diego. Seeing his brother's success with the Ravens merely reinforces my belief in Jim Harbaugh. Just the mere fact that Stanford is even competitive the past few years when they've have mediocre talent every position except running back (Gerhart) is a testament to his coaching ability. And NFL general managers believe in him as well. Al Davis already knocked on his door last off-season to try and woo him into coaching the Raiders, but Harbaugh wisely turned that crap offer down.

Also, Bradford and Moore were far more talented as wide receivers than Whalen or Richard Sherman. I like Chris Owusu a bit, but he has a long ways to go.

And I was one of the biggest Trent Edwards fans around. I declared on the webzone that Edwards would be the best QB in the 07 Draft. He grew up in my hometown of Los Gatos. I watched him in high school and I really thought he would be an elite quarterback, but I've been extremely disappointed in him this season. I thought Terrell Owens would help take Edwards to the next level after his progress last season.

Anyways, I still contend that Edwards is a far superior prospect to Luck. But Luck has that prototypical size and athleticism that NFL draft experts drool over, so they'll probably overrate him in a couple years.

My "opinion" is that you should stick to basketball if you do not think Luck is all that special. I have been impressed by him all year long and amazed by the job he has done as a freshman.

my opinion is that you should've read the whole thread before posting this

[ Edited by Conejo on Nov 7, 2009 at 17:52:57 ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

my opinion is that you should've read the whole thread before posting this

Too much to read. All I needed to see were Crzy's ridiculous comments. That was enough.

OK.. I just saw Crzys comments where he admitted he knew nothing and ate crow.

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 7, 2009 at 17:58:24 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I ran past Luck and congratulated him when I rushed the field

[ Edited by crzy on Nov 7, 2009 at 18:13:49 ]
all these last posts are money
I ran past Luck and congratulated him when I rushed the field

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Meh, rather have Greg McElroy of Bama.

I was wearing my new gift(Bama shirt no.25) and drinking from my new (Bama Glass) but i really hated the throws by McElroy in that game. I miss JP Wilson. but wow Ingram is just Amazing and Rolando seems to be amazing.

Now im listening to Joe Starkey on Cal Bears Radio Network. Its 1 am here in Iceland.

BTW, i hate Kevin Riley

Rolando Mclain and Patrick Willis!!!!

Nah, but McElroy looks good, hes got an NFL arm and has good poise in the pocket. Would love to pick him up, lets see how his Senior year is.
This guy is fierce..

1) He is a redshirt Sophmore.
2) He may not declare. There is an NFL work stoppage. What is his incentive to declare this year?
3) If he does declare we may not get him anyway.
4) IMO he is overrated by this board and other places too. The only good throws I've ever seen him make are when he has lots of time.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2) He may not declare. There is an NFL work stoppage. What is his incentive to declare this year?
4) IMO he is overrated by this board and other places too. The only good throws I've ever seen him make are when he has lots of time.

Yeah, and Luck looks retarded (sorry to all the retarded people out there) when he throws. He looks uncoordinated, like when a girl throws. I'll take Mallett or Stanzi over him.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 11, 2010 at 1:24 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, and Luck looks retarded (sorry to all the retarded people out there) when he throws. He looks uncoordinated, like when a girl throws. I'll take Mallett or Stanzi over him.

I wouldn't say he looks retarded or uncoordinated. He just needs LOTS of time. Go back and look at the tape. Almost every good throw is with lots of time.

Are you serious?!

Luck is considered by many draft analysts as the top QB in the draft. He has the quickest release, better footwork, reads defenses well, and athletic enough to evade the pass rush. He's also VERY accurate and has a stronger arm than what some of you give him credit for.

I wouldn't say he looks retarded or uncoordinated. He just needs LOTS of time. Go back and look at the tape. Almost every good throw is with lots of time.

First off, let's just stop pretending that you watch "tape". Watching tape and watching youtube videos are different things.

I've stated this dozens of times before, it doesn't matter that his o-line gives him plenty of time because the type of offense they run, he only needs a quick three step drop and he flings the ball out of there. He makes quick reads, which is why the line looks better than they are. The o-line is more of a run blocking tandem, but because Luck gets the ball out so quickly, you give more credit to his line than his ability as a QB.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

First off, let's just stop pretending that you watch "tape". Watching tape and watching youtube videos are different things.

I've stated this dozens of times before, it doesn't matter that his o-line gives him plenty of time because the type of offense they run, he only needs a quick three step drop and he flings the ball out of there. He makes quick reads, which is why the line looks better than they are. The o-line is more of a run blocking tandem, but because Luck gets the ball out so quickly, you give more credit to his line than his ability as a QB.

He has tons of time to throw. 10 times more than Locker at WA.
Share 49ersWebzone