LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

The 2010 NFL Draft- WR Discussion Thread (UPDATED: Post Crabtree Deal)

pick up Berry if he is available. If not then try and solidify a solid NT then work on the OLine. Please god let them work on the OLine!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I don't know why you guys even argue when the pattern of the 9er organization has been to draft the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE in 1st round especially in the high picks. If Dez falls to us and there are mediocre OTs the pick is obvious. C'mon now!

no then we trade back

teams typically don't like to trade up into the top 10 besides when has Scot ever traded down?
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Thank god Sing is our Coach...no way in hell he selects this Kid...he had reservations about selecting Crabtree over Oher......No way he lets this go down...i

Scot M. has final say.
Starting WR's for SF in 2010:

1.Crabtree-Starter
2.Morgan-Starter w/high potential but needs improvement
3.Jones-Haven't seen him play
4.Hill-Waiting in line-currently MIA
5.?

Starting KR/PR for SF in 2010:

1.?

People keep saying OT...OT...OT, there may not be one there with our first pick. That's waaay to early for a OG and there are 0 NT's to be taken that early. So what else do you expect us to do, OLB could be the pick but I doubt any OLB's grade higher then Bryant.

If Berry and the 2 top OT's are gone Bryant is a REAL possibility!!!!
Originally posted by joey82:
Lets say we pick somewhere between 8-12 with Carolina's pick.

Would you want us to take Dez?

Would you be upset if we took Dez?

I know it depends on who all is on the board and who we take with our second first rounder but as of right now how would you feel about it?

Personally, while I wouldn't necessarily want us to take Dez I wouldn't be upset if we did. He is bigger than Crabs, uses his body well and attacks the ball in the air. He also could be used in the KR/PR game if necessary. Dez and an OT with our first two picks would be a good haul IMO.

I think it would insane to pick him in the 1st round. Why would we do that? We just picked Crabtree signed Jones and we have Morgan/Hill.
He got banned by the NCAA this season why would any team use a 1st rounder on him?
We need to sign 1 or 2 FA's at either RT/either OG, passrusher or safety then use our 2 1st round picks on whatever we didn't pick up in FA.
After we have done that if Bryant were around in the 3rd round I would take him simply for the potential of a Fitz/Boldin like tandem with him and Crabtree
if he is the best player on the board, then yes
There is the risk that we will have 2 NEON DEION PRIME TIME SANDERS WR's. Of course Dez will get Eugene Parker as an agent. He certainly will want top 3 money even if he is the #10 pick. And he definitely will hold out until October. 2 DIVA'S at WR. I like it some ways but how long before one of them feels disrespected and writes a book called "Throw me the damn ball?"
If Bryant is on the board when we draft we should trade down with a team in real need for a WR and get more picks. The Niners have much more pressing needs at OT, OG, OLB, S, and CB. I really hope that Dez does fall because I believe the Niners would be able to use that to their advantage. I do not think there is anyway the Niners select Dez Bryant.
it would be a great opportunity to trade down for great value since alot of teams are going to want him
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I am prepared for one BPA at the top of the draft. As long as it is not a tight end or a kicker, I don't have a problem. In some ways it would be interesting to have two quality receivers plus VD and Gore.

But it only works if they hit the major needs straight after. OT, one early OG and one later, and S.

And pass rush, which will also need to be addressed early.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I am prepared for one BPA at the top of the draft. As long as it is not a tight end or a kicker, I don't have a problem. In some ways it would be interesting to have two quality receivers plus VD and Gore.

But it only works if they hit the major needs straight after. OT, one early OG and one later, and S.

And pass rush, which will also need to be addressed early.

i agree we will have a lot of weapons for smith to have but i think we should only get bryant if we solve out RT and our G problem in FA
I'd rather draft a WR in the middle rounds or a little later. I'd like to see a burner to play the slot and double as a returner. If we're going to start running more 3 and 4-WR sets, some speed is what we need. We don't need a star, just some who poses a threat in open space, like Collie and Garcon in Indy.

Brandon Jones could really excel in a more aggressive passing attack.
Here's another issue that I could see with drafting Bryant.

Say we draft another primo talent receiver like Bryant. That might be a bit too much ego on one team at the receiver position. Crabtree seems like a good kid, but if he is suddenly upstaged by Dez Bryant, he's not going to be a happy camper. Then suddenly, we might have some drama.

I say no, we should go o-line then try and get a pass rusher. We might need to go o-line with both of our first round picks. If we have the opportunity to draft Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, obviously we need to pick them up too. Michael Lewis is not going to be a long term solution, and we REALLY need to get rid of Mark Roman. He's like a cockroach that you keep stomping on, but somehow survives by hiding in the cracks (or the depth chart).
I still think we're going to need another WR. Just probably not in the first 3 rounds.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
I still think we're going to need another WR. Just probably not in the first 3 rounds.

If Golden Tate declares we should go after him!
Share 49ersWebzone