LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

49ers 2022 Mock Draft v1.1 (e.g. Deebo to Jets)

49ers Trade WR Deebo Samuel to NY Jets for 10th Overall Pick, 69th Overall Pick and 2023 2nd Round Pick

49ers Trade #10 Overall Pick (1317.5 points) and 6th Round Pick to Green Bay Packers to 22nd Pick, 53rd Pick and 92nd Pick (1282 points)

22nd Pick: OC Tyler Linderbaum Iowa 6'2" 296
One of the worst yet least talked about draft self-owns by the Niners in the last 5 years is passing on Creed Humphrey in favor of Aaron Banks. This in turn has left a gaping hole at OC in the wake of Alex Mack's all but sure retirement. The Niners can make up for that by trading back and drafting Linderbaum who is the best and cleanest Center prospect in a long time. Linderbaum isn't the biggest, but he's a freak athlete who can do everything asked in Kyle Shanahan's system. Grab him and give Lance his battering mate for the next decade.

53rd Pick: TE Trey McBride Colorado St. 6'4" 246
The Niners will be tempted to over draft a WR to make up for Deebo's absence but realistically there isn't a WR in this class that can replicate what Deebo can do so it would be foolish to overdraft a pass catcher. Unless the Niners trade up for a Christian Watson or Skyy Moore, I believe the best pass catcher in the middle of the 2nd is Trey McBride. McBride is George Kittle lite who put up ridiculous numbers last year. He's a do-it-all TE who will make it impossible for defenses to stop him, Kittle and Juice in one formation. McBride will make it easy on Lance next year.

61st Pick: S Nick Cross Maryland 6'0" 212
The Niners need a playmaker in the secondary and Cross is just that. He's a blur who plays with his ass on fire. That can lead to some mistakes but with Jimmie Ward in the defensive backfield to clean up errors Cross can be a dynamic complement.

69th Pick: WR Alec Pierce Cincinatti 6'3" 211
Pierce is a boom or bust type WR. He set the combine on fire measuring 6'3" with 33" arms and running a 4.41. He's a bit linear and is more fast than quick which can limit his route tree but given the Niners need more players to take the top off a defense, he can profile is a deep weapon in Shanahan's offense.

92nd Pick: DE Alex Wright UAB 6'5" 271
Wright is an absolute beast. At just 21 years old, measuring 6'5" 271 with 35" arms he can be a problem for OTs. He's bendy and powerful and will be a very intriguing developmental DE for Kris Kocurek to mold.

93rd Pick: WR Danny Gray SMU 6'0" 186
Gray used to be my favorite under the radar WR prospect but is clearly ascending lately. I was hoping the Niners could grab him in Round 5 but most likely he'll be snatched up well before then. Despite legit 4.3 speed, Gray is very smooth and knows how to get open. He also adds a serious dimension as a kick returner. You watch him and he'll remind you of a smaller and slightly faster version fo Brandon Aiyuk.

4th Round: CB Alontae Taylor Tennessee 6'0" 199
Taylor is one of my favorite CB prospects in the draft. He's long, incredibly feisty and has all the traits to be a good press man corner.

5th Round: RB Pierre Strong SDSU 5'11" 207
Strong is a dynamic running back who is the classic one-cut-and-go style runner that thrives in Shanahan's offense. He also offers something as a pass cather out of the backfield.

6th Round: OT Matt Waletzko NDSU 6'8" 313
Lance's former teammate is a developmental traits guy who with a 35" wingspan and testing numbers that pop. He'll take a little but but he can slide in as the Niners #4 OT and provide some long term insurance for McGlinchey.

6th Round: BPA
7th Round: BPA

49ers 2022 Roster
Offense:
QB: Trey Lance, Nate Sudfeld
RB: Eli Mitchell, Pierre Strong, Trey Sermon, Jeff Wilson Jr. OR JaMycal Hasty
FB: Juice
TE: George Kittle, Trey McBride, Charlie Woerner
WR: Brandon Aiyuk, Jarvis Landry (FA signing), Jauan Jennings, Danny Gray, Alec Pierce, RayRay McCloud
OL: Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Tyler Linderbaum, Aaron Banks, Jaylon Moore, Daniel Brunskill, Colton McKivitz, FA, FA
Defense:
DE: Nick Bosa, Samson Ebukam, Charles Omenihu, Alex Wright, Komeko Turay OR Kerry Hyder Jr.
DT: Arik Armstead, Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens, Maurice Hurst, Hassan Ridgeway
LB: Fred Warner, Drew Greenlaw, Azeez Al-Shaiir, Oren Burks, Demetrius Flanigan-Fowles
CB: Charvarius Ward, Emmanual Moseley, Ambry Thomas, Demo Lenoir, Alontae Taylor
S: Jimmie Ward, Nick Cross, Taravrius Moore, Talanoa Hufanga, George Odom
Special Teams:
K: Robbie Gould
P: Mitch Wishnowsky
LS: Taybor Pepper
KR / PR: RayRay McCloud, Danny Gray
[ Edited by lp1986 on Apr 25, 2022 at 6:12 PM ]
I was thinking along the same lines. End up in the 20-25 range and get the C or OT (Penning/Rainmann) if the C is gone. Maybe move up in the 2nd to get Pickens.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Beat mock I've seen yet
  • fan49
  • Veteran
You forgot Arron banks on the line
Great mock. Just not very comfortable with the proposed starting OL. I honestly believe that the FO will mess this up just like they did with Jimmy's situation.
[ Edited by Drod1008 on Apr 26, 2022 at 5:59 AM ]
I like it.
Very responsible draft!
This would be a A+ draft. .? Be nice to unload JG somewhere in there...
Share 49ersWebzone