LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

NYNiner85 2022 Mock Draft

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Jurgens, Malone and Pierre Strong?? I love it!
Nice mock
Nice mock NY! Love the first 4 picks. Danny Grey is legit.
Excellent mock NY. If we walked away with this draft weekend id be a happy camper. Got some guys in there I really like alot.
Love it. Great mock
Nice mock
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Okay I wanted to wait a little longer but I'm heading on vacation and won't be back until draft night....usually do half a dozen of these, but between adding a baby girl to the fam and the lack of banter back in forth in the draft thread I'm gonna stick to one.

I used PFF and TDN big boards. I'm also not factoring in the Deebo stuff. I have no clue what will happen there, so no sense in making a mock reflecting that until something happens.

I expect a lot of movement from SF and we will either move up from 61 or down to collect more late day 2 early day 3 picks to move around. For this mock we TRADE UP from pick 61 to pick 42.

***SF trades with Baltimore we give up a 3rd in 2023 (we have 3) and swap 6ths (they get 187 we get 197)***

#42 (Baltimore pick) -Jaquan Brisker S PSU- He's a versatile S that can play 2-high, single-high, in the box, in the slot you name it. He's got a alpha attitude and SF has done a lot of homework on him. I don't really have a draft crush this yr, but I just like this dude with this D.

***TRADE UP SF moves from 93 to 85 with NE just by giving up that 172 pick (worked on PFF lol)***

#85 (NE pick)-Cam Jurgens OG/C Nebraska-Sounds like Mack is a maybe on returning and regardless we need a center of the future. He's super athletic and a ideal fit for OZ. He's a 3 yr starter BUT still needs some work on that anchor and getting better at his angles. He's got the ability to be a damn good center (worked out with Joe Staley who approves SF taking him) I also am a fan of Fortner/Parham/Strange. I think we end up with one of these 4 IOL end of the day.

***TRADE DOWN SF moves from 105 to 111 with the NYJ and we get 163***

#111 (NYJ pick)-DeAgelo Malone EDGE Western Kentucky- I've been getting him mocked here a lot. I'd say this is about where he goes. Twitchy/long/good first step. He's got to get stronger and while I'm more of a fan of speed to power rushers, I think he could get there. He's probably a DPR yr one. I don't see him as a 3-down guy setting the edge year 1. SF has been around him the whole draft process, so that can't be brushed aside. Feel like we've been linked to him for a while. Not my favorite edge guy but this is decent value.

#134-Danny Gray WR SMU- Another guy we've been connected to for a while. I'm a big fan of him at this spot. He's got legit 4.3 speed that shows up on film. I think he's got a lot of room to grow as a route runner but he's smooth and it showed up at the Senior Bowl. At worst he's a spread the field deep threat like Darnell Mooney for Lance but I think he could become more if he polishes up those releases and routes.

FWIW I'm a fan of these day 3 guys like Gray/Jones Jr/Thornton/Melton and we will end up with one of them.

#163 (NYJ pick) Pierre Strong Jr RB North Dakota - Yes I know he probably doesn't make it this late BUT he's all over the place on big boards. I would said this about where we draft a RB (which it looks like we might). Kid has size elite speed and is ideal for our running scheme. He's a one cut and go RB. He's not gonna juke anyone he's the opposite of a Barry Sanders type RB. I've seen the Tevin Coleman comp all over the place. I wouldn't call him the best pass catcher and some of the holes he was running through in college will not be there in the pros. IF he's gone take your pick at RB between Ford/Robinson/Chandler/Ealy/Goodson one of those guys will be there and I like them all. Just went with the dude I preferred most.

#221 Ryan Van Demark OT UCON- Developmental swing tackle that's best suited in a zone scheme. He's tall with a long wingspan and 4 yr starter. Good athlete. TDN has he ranked like 300 and something.

#222-Jack Jones CB ASU-At this point I'm cool with adding some other CBs to the back of the roster to see what we got. 5 star recruit at USC that had some off field and academic issues. He's got below avg measurables but great insticts. We got the ASU connection with Edwards/Lynch so if Herm says he's okay I'm willing to take a chance here. I also like Cordale Flott around this pick.

#262-Damarion Williams CB Houston- He's a sleeper pick that possibly goes earlier but TDN has him 200th on their big board and PFF doesn't even have him ranked. He's not as fast as Jones and they have similar size, but he's a dog. He's got foot quickness and smart in zone willing tackler that can blitz. I think we play him in the slot.

I'll be pumped if I get one pick right this yr

Cheers

You got one!!!

Just follow the pre draft visit tracker next year. It had 9 picks from that pool (including UDFA's).
Originally posted by NCommand:
You got one!!!

Just follow the pre draft visit tracker next year. It had 9 picks from that pool (including UDFA's).

most of have the over/under on trades lol. Crazy they didn't move at all.

FWIW Most of my picks are guys that either visited or had been involved with SF through out the process.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
most of have the over/under on trades lol. Crazy they didn't move at all.

FWIW Most of my picks are guys that either visited or had been involved with SF through out the process.

Truly. You could tell ShanaLynch were dying to trade up/back...do something. LOL

Share 49ersWebzone