LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

49ers 2022 Mock Draft v1.0

2nd Round: OL Tyler Smith Tulsa 6'5" 324
The Niners may very well need to trade up for Smith as he's an ascending player but he's a prospect who's worth it. Few possess his combination of brute strength, agility and flexibility. The downside? He's incredibly raw and his technique is all over the place. The 49ers would be taking a flyer on him in hopes that Chris Foerster can mold this clay into an All Pro. Initially, I can see Smith slotting into the RG slot before kicking out to RT to replace McGlinchey in 2023.

3rd Round: OG/OC Cole Strange UT Chattanooga 6'5" 307
Strange is an uber smart, competitive and flexible interior lineman that profiles well for Kyle Shanahan's zone blocking system. While he doesn't have any traits that are elite, you can expect him to slot in as a 10 year starter with position versatility. I can see him competing for either guard spot and then taking over for Alex Mack in 2023. It may seem crazy going after two offensive linemen with their first two picks in this year's draft but the 49ers biggest priority for the next several seasons is keeping Trey Lance out of harm's way. Locking down Strange and Smith would be a good start.

3rd Round: DE Sam Williams Ole Miss 6'4" 261
Williams is an explosive (his 1.52 10 yard split was the best in the class), toolsy pass rusher. Williams flies off the edge like a heat-seeking missile but he struggles with consistency and must refine his technique and do a better job setting the edge. He would be an ideal situational pass rusher to rotate in opposite Nick Bosa.

4th Round: WR Danny Gray SMU 6'0" 186
Gray is a flash but unlike most WRs with 4.3 speed, he shoes refined change of direction capability, with an ability to sink his hips and lose defenders. He's also one of the better kick returners in the class and flashes real YAC potential with the ball in his hands. Overall, I can see Kyle Shanahan falling for Gray who reminds me of a more slight but faster Brandon Aiyuk.

5th Round: RB Pierre Strong S Dakota St. 5'11" 207
Strong is a classic outside zone runner who can press the hole and explode. He shows great speed (4.37 40), tempo and offers something as a pass catcher too.

TRADE: 49ERS TRADE TWO 6TH ROUND PICKS FOR 5TH ROUND PICK

5th Round: CB Alontae Taylor Tennessee 6'0" 191
Taylor is one of my favorite CB prospects in the draft. He's got speed to burn and is an incredibly feisty corner that likes stick his nose into everything. Frankly I'm not sure why he's not higher on draft boards, but I think he can be a steal and challenge to start in year 2.

6th Round: S Markquese Bell Florida A&M 6'2" 212
Bell is a long, fast S who flashes some playmaking potential.

7th Round: TE Derrick Deese Jr. San Jose St. 6'4" 244
Why not draft the son of a former 49er?

49ers 2022 Depth Chart
QB: Trey Lance / Nate Sudfeld
RB: Eli Mitchell / Pierre Strong / Trey Sermon / Jeff Wilson Jr OR JaMycal Hasty
FB: Juice
WR: Deebo Samuel / Brandon Aiyuk / Danny Gray / Jauan Jennings / RayRay McCloud
TE: George Kittle / Charlie Woerner / Tanner Hudson OR Ross Dwelley OR Derrick Deese Jr.
OL: Trent Williams / Mike McGlinchey / Aaron Banks / Alex Mack / Tyler Smith / Jaylon Moore / Cole Strange / Daniel Brunskill / Colton McKivitz
DE: Nick Bosa / Samson Ebukam / Sam Williams / Charles Omenihu / Kerry Hyder OR Jordan Willis
DT: Arik Armstead / Javon Kinlaw / Kevin Givens / Maurice Hurst / Hassan Ridgeway OR Darrion Daniels
LB: Fred Warner / Drew Greenlaw / Azeez Al-Shaair / Oren Burks / Demetrius Flanigan-Fowles
CB: Charvarius Ward / Emmanuel Moseley / Ambry Thomas / Alontae Taylor / Deommodore Lenoir / Dontae Johnson
S: Jimmie Ward / Tarvarius Moore / Talanoa Hufunga / George Odom / Markquese Bell
K: Robbie Gould
P: Mitch Wishnowsky
LS: Taybor Pepper
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I like the mock! We share a handful of selections.
I like this very much yes
Very nice mock. I hope we spend our first 2 picks on OL like the draft with Davis and iupati
You had me at Derrick Deese
This is a homerun hit if we can shed Garappolo's salary to sign more people to the secondary. Definitely the weak link in this mock. But i love the focus on the OL.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Love it! I love the first two picks! Where did you find tanner hudson? He's not in your draft unless I'm blind.

edited don't mind me he's randomly on our team lol
[ Edited by fan49 on Apr 11, 2022 at 10:08 AM ]
Nice draft
I like this mock. Good job

Nice mock
No way Tyler Smith drops that far. Like the thought, but he is late first round pick IMO. All the other picks are solid. Lots of speed at skill positions which the Niners need. Solid mock.
Share 49ersWebzone