There are 224 users in the forums

Final Mock Plan - Enjoy

• GEEK
  • Veteran
NFL Draft:

Trade - 49ers trade 2nd round pick for Texans 3rd (via NO), 4th, and 6th (via GB) round picks.

R3: Cole Strange - G/C - TN Chattanooga (via NO)
*We badly need interior help given Tomlinson's departure. Strange is a day 1 starter at RG and moves to C in 2023.

R3: Sam Williams - EDGE - Ole Miss
*High ceiling as a pass rusher that needs to refine his run game defense. Replaces Dee Ford's role as a speed edge.

R3: Christian Watson - WR - NDSU (comp)
*He should be an early 3rd rounder, but the depth of this class allows us to snag him. Day 1 impact at WR and ST (gunner).

R4: Alontae Taylor - CB - Tennessee (via HOU)
*Ideal scheme fit that fortifies the depth of our CB unit. Could succeed Moseley in his role in 2023.

R4: Dane Belton - S - Iowa
*High upside as developmental safety prospect with immediate contributions on special teams.

R5: Neil Farrell - NT - LSU
*If he can shed some weight, I think he can be an effective one gap NT ala DJ Jones. Backup to Kinlaw.

R6: Zakoby McClain - LB - Auburn (via DEN)
*Reminds me a bit of Dre Greenlaw. A bit undersized but highly athletic WILL. Rounds out our WR unit.

R6: Dare Rosenthal - T - Kentucky (via GB)
*Competes with McKivitz and Skule for the backup swing tackle job.

R6: Austin Allen - TE - Nebraska (comp)
*Competes at TE for Kittle's backup job. Offers upside as a red zone threat ala Toilolo

R6: Kalil Pimpleton - WR/RB/ST - Kentucky (comp)
*Strictly a slot receiver with PR abilities. Competes with McCloud in our WR unit.

R7: Chase Garbers - QB - Cal (comp)
*Developmental #3 that will likely end up on the PS

Post Draft Roster Moves:
- Jimmy G traded for Texans conditional 2023 pick (SF covers 50% of the contract)
- 49ers sign Turay (DE)
- 49ers extend Samuel, Bosa's 5th year option exercised

Projected 53 roster (and key PS candidates):
*Indicates new additions from 2022 roster

QB: Lance/Sudfeld (Garbers*)
RB: Mitchell/Sermon/Wilson (Hasty)
FB: Juice
TE: Kittle/Woerner/Allen* (Dwelley)

WR: Samuel/Jennings (Mack)
WR: Aiyuk/Watson*
WR: McCloud*/Pimpleton*

LT: Williams/McKivitz (Skule)
LG: Banks/Moore
C: Mack/Brunskill
RG: Strange*
RT: McGlinchey/Rosenthal*

DE: Hyder*/Williams*/Omenihu (Barrett)
DT: Armstead/Givens (Ridgeway*)
DT: Kinlaw/Farrell*
DE: Bosa/Ebukam (Turay*)

LB: Warner/Al-Shaair/Burks*
LB: Greenlaw/McClain* (Flanningan-Fowles)

CB: Ward*/Taylor* (Johnson)
CB: Thomas/Dennard
CB: Moseley/Lenior (Hollman*)
FS: Ward/Belton*
SS: Odum*/Hufanga/Moore

ST: Gould, Wishnowsky, Pepper
Dig it, especially the first half of the draft, but pie in the sky stuff with Watson. I'd be stunned if he makes it past the 2nd let alone mid 3rd.
dig the players...not sure what you used for a big board?

Also I would try to work in some trade ups....I don't see SF leaving this draft with 11 players.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
dig the players...not sure what you used for a big board?

Also I would try to work in some trade ups....I don't see SF leaving this draft with 11 players.

I have my own independently but cross reference it with a few others. My rule of thumb is to be within 10-15 slots (higher or lower) to be considered realistically available in a mock.

Watson is probably the biggest surprise in my mick. The main knocks on him are lower level competition and quality of his route running. He's fast but he doesn't have elite speed.

2nd-3rd round is generally his range but I think the depth of OL, WR, CB and EDGE make Watson available in the mid/late 3rd. You could potentially swap Strange and Watson slots if that's the more likely outcome of their slots.
I like it. I'm starting to see Watson go in the 1st round in some mocks so I'm not sure if he lasts to the 3rd round.
Share 49ersWebzone