There are 162 users in the forums

MBA Post Free Agency/Pre Draft Mock ver 3.0

With the first wave of free agency all but over and Jimmy G STILL on the roster, here is my latest mock draft. This is based on the PFF Big Board as of today and the current list of needs which I see as follows:

IOL - C and OG
S
Edge
CB
OT
WR
TE

Round 2 Pick 61 Drake Jackson Edge USC - experienced, productive edge rusher who can use some refinement and coaching
Round 3 Pick 93 Nick Cross S Maryland - big, fast safety with well rounded skill set and ball skills
Round 3 Pick 105 Luke Fortner C Kentucky - Experienced and versatile C/OG; insurance for Alex Mack
Round 4 Pick 134 Lecitus Smith OG VA Tech - former TE; starting LG candidate who fits zone blocking scheme
Round 5 Pick 172 Pierre Strong JR. South Dakota State- FCS stud to add to the backfield rotation
Round 6 Pick 184 Cordell Volson T - former Lance teammate at North Dakota State who can play RT or move inside to OG
Round 6 Pick 220 Chigoziem Okwonko- TE with speed to better compliment Kittle
Round 6 Pick 221 Danny Gray WR SMU - big WR with speed to add deep threat to the offense
Round 7 Pick 262 Matt Araiza P/K San Diego State - Special teams weapon to change field position as a punter and convert on long FG.

Niners can get their slot CB in free agency (Bryce Callahan) or pick up on as an undrafted free agent.

Edited 4/5 to add more speed at all levels of the offense and defense.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 5, 2022 at 10:02 AM ]
I love Jack Jones mostly for his first year with USC where he looked like he was gonna be the next big time CB. But I'm guessing he's on the floor of the our big board room with all his off field turmoil. Wish it wasn't so
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I love Jack Jones mostly for his first year with USC where he looked like he was gonna be the next big time CB. But I'm guessing he's on the floor of the our big board room with all his off field turmoil. Wish it wasn't so

I know what you mean, but he's not a day 2 pick. As a late round flyer, my hope is that he sticks. This is the one spot where I assume the Niners may still sign a bargain bin free agent like Callahan, plus draft one, and look at a couple of UDFA's for the last roster spot at CB.
Share 49ersWebzone