3 - Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati
4 - Tyler Allgeier, RB, BYU
5 - Velus Jones, WR/KR/PR, Tennessee
6 - Dante Stills, DL, West Virginia
7 (comp) - Isaac Moore, OT, Temple
7 (comp) - Tyrese Dedmon, S, Idaho

FA Target: Casey Heyward or Joe Haden
[ Edited by YayArea on Jan 26, 2022 at 9:16 PM ]
Love it, just wish you took a S earlier, I want another youngin besides Huf learning from Tartt and Ward assuming Tartt resigns. McKinley is my fav out of the S, as of now I think he's gone middle of Rd 3.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Love it, just wish you took a S earlier, I want another youngin besides Huf learning from Tartt and Ward assuming Tartt resigns. McKinley is my fav out of the S, as of now I think he's gone middle of Rd 3.

I agree with jersey. Tartt has been injury prone and Jimmie has just turned 30 so getting a safety would be a higher priority in the draft. Here are the Day 2 Safety targets according to CBSSports.com:

41Jalen Pitre Baylor Sr S 3 6-0 197
79 Kolby Harvell-Peel Okla. St.Sr S 6-0 207
96 Lewis CineGeorgia Jr S 5 6-1 200
98 Bubba BoldenMiami (Fla.) Jr S 6-3 204
113 Leon O'Neal Jr.Texas A&M Sr S 6-1 210
119Reed Blankenship Middle Tenn.Sr S 6-1 204
137 Verone McKinley III Oregon Soph S 5-11 194

Any of the ones in bold would work for me. The others are overrated IMO.

Love the Coby Bryant pick and like Velus Jones, but think you can wait to get him until the sixth or 7th round as he is already 25 years old.
Absolutely fair criticism about not including a safety. To be honest, I consider safety more of a depth need, since Hufanga in my opinion will Tartt's heir apparent as the box safety. And outside of Kyle Hamilton, my favorite safeties are Daxton Hill and Jaquan Brisker, but I believe that all three of them will be gone before we pick in the second round. So Verone McKinley is definitely a good option. I do like him a lot as well. He is definitely a ballhawk and turnover creating machine. And he can be had in the 4th or 5th, I think, which is a really good value in my opinion.

So if I were to redo this draft, I would remove Stills, who I found out after I published the post that he decided to return to school, and add McKinley. Probably something like this...

2 - Nick Bonitto, DE/OLB/Edge, Oklahoma
5 - Verone McKinley, S, Oregon
6 - Velus Jones, WR/KR/PR, Tennessee
7 (comp) - James Empey, OC, BYU

[ Edited by YayArea on Feb 1, 2022 at 12:02 PM ]
Originally posted by YayArea:
Absolutely fair criticism about not including a safety. To be honest, I consider safety more of a depth need, since Tufanga in my opinion will Tartt's heir apparent as the box safety. And outside of Kyle Hamilton, my favorite safeties are Daxton Hill and Jaquan Brisker, but I believe that all three of them will be gone before we pick in the second round. So Verone McKinley is definitely a good option. I do like him a lot as well. He is definitely a ballhawk and turnover creating machine. And he can be had in the 4th or 5th, I think, which is a really good value in my opinion.

So if I were to redo this draft, I would remove Stills, who I found out after I published the post that he decided to return to school, and add McKinley. Probably something like this...

Would be a perfect draft IMO, great job !
Originally posted by YayArea:
Absolutely fair criticism about not including a safety. To be honest, I consider safety more of a depth need, since Tufanga in my opinion will Tartt's heir apparent as the box safety. And outside of Kyle Hamilton, my favorite safeties are Daxton Hill and Jaquan Brisker, but I believe that all three of them will be gone before we pick in the second round. So Verone McKinley is definitely a good option. I do like him a lot as well. He is definitely a ballhawk and turnover creating machine. And he can be had in the 4th or 5th, I think, which is a really good value in my opinion.

Love it. Nice work.
Really like Nick Bonitto and Velus Jones Jr. picks, Tyler Allgeier is also a stud RB, was also high on Dante Stills last year but didn't really follow him this year but I like his game. Nice Job.
Share 49ersWebzone