There are 281 users in the forums

NYniner85 pre-free agency mock 2021

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Not completely sold on Lance but won't hate the luck, Radunz is a nice prospect, a lot of good OL will be available in the 2nd so you can go a lot of ways, Love Roche ! So many great slot WR choices, I like Newsome but have a couple I like more but again wouldn't be mad at the pick, Have to watch more on the Minnesota CB, Lenoir would be a steal at that point, he was the best CB on Oregon, now my biggest sleeper is Hubert, I just love his motor and relentless, great pick lol only thing is no S ? But nice mock, thanks NY.

Thanks dude.

im sold on Lance in this offense, with Kyle. Same with Fields

I forgot to add Harris as another S. Divine Deablo is an option later as well

I hope you're right if we take Lance or Fields, I like Deablo, you don't like Jevon Holland ? Tho you'd have to rearrange your mock bc I think he's gone late 2nd
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Losing Williams and Hyder, that kinda sucks....but it is what it is. I think if they lose Williams they will have to go Slater or Darrisaw in R1. I wish I could get more excited about Lance. You're right, no way Darden lasts till 7 though. Outside of Lance i like it overall, everything in need is addressed. I don't hate Lance, just scares me with lack of PT and soft schedule, I get that the upside is there.

I have SF resigning Trent...You must have missed the biggest off season signing on the team in my mock?

There's two type of fans in here. Ones they want to upgrade QB and ones that don't. Lance can run Kyle's offense imo. His ceiling is insane. Evaluate the traits.

yeah Darden isn't lasting until the end of the draft...I think he goes in the 5th though. There are sooo many good WRs in this draft.

Lol. I completely missed the Williams signing.....or........I think you put Williams in with your edit. 🤪 😜
Count me among those wanting to upgrade QB, pretty tired of JG's inability to stay healthy and underwhelming performances at times. I'll 'll defer to you on Lance. Wilson is my first choice, buy he's a pipe dream. Fields slight edge over Lance for me. Not sure what to think of Jones, not sure I'd take him at 12. Want no part of Trask or Mond.
Hey go talk to AB regarding the contracts, I just went off what he said and applied it....people need to realize it's not about APY it's about GTD money. More GTD money doesn't mean a higher APY.

I had them upgrading Center, resigning Trent and drafting Radnuz at 55? I mean that's good lol. Plus they have Colton who they loved and Brunskill/Garland as backups.

There isn't a team in the NFL that has top end talent at all the backup positions with OL. Half the league doesn't even have 5 starting NFL OL...you can't expect any position that loses 3 starters to be good, so the KC examples doesn't really hold water imo.

Lance isn't playing next yr, he's playing in 2022. Jimmy is still the starter....yes he's only got 17 starts so does someone like Jones. One thing I like is that they were snaps out of a pro-style offense. He calls all his own protections. He runs a very similar offense that we do.

Thanks for the feedback

I like your ideas and I understand you point. There are some experts that really like Tray Lance. They are comparing him to or saying he is just as good as Justin Fields. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. I am terrible at judging Collage QB going to the NFL. I have said many time I really really Liked Rick Mirer I would have traded the hole draft to get him. He didn't work out. My point with KC was that you can have a great QB, but with a crap OL he can not do much. Radnuz is really interesting and I think he would be great help and that is the type of OL I hope they draft. I'm not a big fan of Colton, Brunskill is a great backup that can come in and play any place on the line in a pinch. I think or hope they can spend some second and third round picks on OL like Radnuz and maybe a Center. Draft another OT in the third or 4th round. Draft 2 center that can also play Guard. I hope they can developed the OL the same way they have the DL and I do not think they need to use first round picks to do that but they need to do more then 5th and 6th rounder with some undrafted free agent on the development side. I hope they stop trading pick for WR and use some of those second and third round pick on the OL.
[ Edited by dlance on Feb 26, 2021 at 8:26 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I like a lot of this NY. The only thing I would change is maybe not going for Kerrigan and bringing in a vet WR. Should anything happen to either Deebo or Aiyuk we will have nothing at WR.

Love the work put in to the mock and we should be set up nicely for the future here

I mean they have nothing at EDGE. Bosa is coming off a big injury as well. They need a vet guy like Kerrigan.

I have them drafting two WRs.

Thanks for the feedback

That's a good point NY. I would probably look to bring back Hyder instead of Kerrigan if I had the choice though. With Bosa, Hyder, Roche and Willis that's a pretty solid rotation at EDGE.

I'm not the biggest fan of Trey Lance either but I get you like him and if you're convinced then getting him is a necessity.

I like this mock a lot but concerned about WR is all. Good job my man!
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I hope you're right if we take Lance or Fields, I like Deablo, you don't like Jevon Holland ? Tho you'd have to rearrange your mock bc I think he's gone late 2nd

Yeah honestly I haven't watch a ton on S yet
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Lol. I completely missed the Williams signing.....or........I think you put Williams in with your edit. 🤪 😜
Count me among those wanting to upgrade QB, pretty tired of JG's inability to stay healthy and underwhelming performances at times. I'll 'll defer to you on Lance. Wilson is my first choice, buy he's a pipe dream. Fields slight edge over Lance for me. Not sure what to think of Jones, not sure I'd take him at 12. Want no part of Trask or Mond.

I put Trent then added williams 😉 figured Trent would have been the tell...my bad.

I have Lance as QB4, id love Wilson I just don't think he's getting past the Jets. I have fields as QB2, would love him as well.

I think Mac is damn near a finished product and that's good and bad. I view him in the same light as a young Andy Dalton. Rd 2 grade.

I also agree I want no part of any of these QBs outside of the top 5.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
That's a good point NY. I would probably look to bring back Hyder instead of Kerrigan if I had the choice though. With Bosa, Hyder, Roche and Willis that's a pretty solid rotation at EDGE.

I'm not the biggest fan of Trey Lance either but I get you like him and if you're convinced then getting him is a necessity.

I like this mock a lot but concerned about WR is all. Good job my man!

Thanks dude.
Nice work, NY. Really like the free agent signings and re-signings. One question, do the Niners re-sign Blair as a backup DE/designated pass rusher?

Definitely like the idea of adding Lance as our developmental QB in the first. If the Niners are really lucky, Lance might fall to them at 12 without the tradeup. Not likely, but possible. Solid draft. Think you could use one of the WR picks for another secondary player, like a S/OLB hybrid like Deablo or another CB since you aren't re-signing Spoon.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice work, NY. Really like the free agent signings and re-signings. One question, do the Niners re-sign Blair as a backup DE/designated pass rusher?

Definitely like the idea of adding Lance as our developmental QB in the first. If the Niners are really lucky, Lance might fall to them at 12 without the tradeup. Not likely, but possible. Solid draft. Think you could use one of the WR picks for another secondary player, like a S/OLB hybrid like Deablo or another CB since you aren't re-signing Spoon.

Thanks for the feedback.

yeah guys I didn't resign we'd let test the market and if the price is right I could see someone like Blair coming back.

You know my feelings about Mac Jones....lol

But I wouldn't be mad at all at this draft. Is this with the assumption that Fields is off the board by 7?

Love the King and Kerrigan signings. Those are two of my hopefuls this offseason.

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Radunz should we come away with another player not named Slater in the 1st.

Also, Wyatt Hubert is becoming another draft crush for me. Love the motor.

Would love to see TDN's success rate. I have a feeling it's really poor.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
You know my feelings about Mac Jones....lol

But I wouldn't be mad at all at this draft. Is this with the assumption that Fields is off the board by 7?

Love the King and Kerrigan signings. Those are two of my hopefuls this offseason.

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Radunz should we come away with another player not named Slater in the 1st.

Also, Wyatt Hubert is becoming another draft crush for me. Love the motor.

Thanks.

yeah fields went top 5 constantly, I would rather go after fields but I love both their upsides.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Excellent mock, NY. Very reasonable, good players selected throughout.

It's just not going to happen though.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Excellent mock, NY. Very reasonable, good players selected throughout.

It's just not going to happen though.

Haha fair enough...just a mock I like to think I nail about one or two guys a yr for SF.

got a post free agent mock and a final one left
Nice job NY!! Good s**t as always.
Share 49ersWebzone