LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

New Year's Eve Mock Draft (Salary Cap,Coach Staff Moves,FA&Trades,Draft,Depth Cha

COACHING STAFF CHANGES

DEPARTURES
Robert Saleh leaves
Kris Kocurek leaves
Mike McDaniels leaves
Mike LaFleur leaves
Tony Oden leaves
John Benton released
Chris Foerster released

HIRES
Demeco Ryans promoted to become Defensive Coordinator
Joe Whitt Jr arrives to become Pass Defense / DB coach
Wes Welker promoted to become Pass Game Coordinator
Bobby Turner promoted to become Run Game Coordinator
David Turner arrives to become DL coach
Frank Pollack arrives to become OL coach
Chris Morgan arrives to become Asst. OL coach

INITIAL 2021 SALARY CAP SPACE $22.20M

RELEASE
Jerrick McKinnon. 49ers void his contract and save $2M in cap space.
Weston Richburg. 49ers void his contract and save $8.35M in cap space with $3.51M in dead money as a Post-June cut move.

RESTRUCTURE
Jimmy Garoppolo. 49ers move $13M of his base salary to the salary cap.
Arik Armstead. 49ers move $7M of his base salary to the salary cap.
Jimmy Ward. 49ers move $6M of his base salary to the salary cap.

PRE-DRAFT TRADES
49ers trade Dee Ford to Bengals in exchange of 2021 6th round pick. (49ers made a post-June trade move to save $16M in cap space with $4.78M in dead money).

OFFSEASON SALARY CAP $74.55M

FRANCHISE / TENDER
Emmanuel Moseley. 49ers put 2nd round tender and sign a $3.4M deal with $3.4M guaranteed. ($3.4M in 2021 cap)
Jeff Wilson Jr. 49ers put 2nd round tender and sign a $3.4M deal with $3.4M guaranteed. ($3.4M in 2021 cap)

RESIGN
Fred Warner. 49ers sign a 5 years deal with $88M with $55M guaranteed. ($16.5M in 2021 cap)
Trent Williams. 49ers sign a 4 years deal with $55M with $41M guaranteed. (14.5M in 2021 cap)
Kyle Juszczyk. 49ers sign a 3 years deal with $16M with $10M guaranteed. ($4.5M in 2021 cap)
Jordan Willis. 49ers sign a one year deal with $910k deal with $910k guaranteed. ($910k in 2021 cap)
Ross Dwelley. 49ers sign a one year deal with $910k deal with $910k guaranteed. ($910k in 2021 cap)
Daniel Brunskill. 49ers sign a one year deal with $750k deal with $100k guaranteed. ($750k in 2021 cap)
Ken Webster. 49ers sign a one year deal with $750k with $50k guaranteed. ($750k in 2021 cap)
Jared Mayden. 49ers sign a one year deal with $250k with $50k guaranteed. ($250k in 2021 cap)

FREE AGENCY
Austin Reiter. 49ers sign a 4 years deal with $45M with $29M guaranteed. ($11M in 2021 cap)
Lane Taylor. 49ers sign a 4 years deal with $16M with $7M guaranteed. ($5.5M in 2021 cap)
Blidi Wreh-Wilson. 49ers sign a 1 year deal with $910k with $910k guaranteed. ($910k in 2021 cap)

DRAFT DAY TRADES / COMPENSATORY PICKS
49ers trade their 1st round pick in exchange of Bears 1st round pick, 3rd round pick.
49ers get a compensatory 3rd round pick in exchange of Robert Saleh be hired as pro head coach.

DRAFT

1.-Eric Stokes CB GEORGIA (f/CHI)
2.-Patrick Jones II DE/ER PITTSBURGH
3.-Desmond Ridder QB CINCINNATI (f/CHI)
3.-Elijah Molden CB WASHINGTON (compensatory)
4.-Ar'Darius Washington DB TCU
5.-Abraham Lucas OT WASHINGTON STATE
5.-Cary Angeline TE NORTH CAROLINA STATE (f/NO)
5.-Elijah Mitchell RB LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE (compensatory)
6.-Patrick Johnson DE/ER TULANE (f/CIN)
6.-Marcelino Ball S INDIANA
7.-Glen Logan DT LSU (f/NYJ)
7.-Antonio Nunn WR BUFFALO

UDFA
Lorenzo Neal Jr DT PURDUE
Thomas Fletcher LS ALABAMA
Drew Dalman C STANFORD
Zac Thomas QB APPALACHIAN STATE
Jaelon Darden WR/SR NORTH TEXAS

2021 PROJECTED DEPTH CHART

QB Jimmy Garoppolo / Desmond Ridder / Zac Thomas
RB Raheem Mostert / Jeff Wilson Jr / Elijah Mitchell / JaMycal Hasty
FB Kyle Juszczyk
WRX Brandon Aiyuk / Antonio Nunn
LT Trent Williams / Daniel Brunskill
LG Laken Tomlinson
C Austin Reiter / Drew Dalman
RG Lane Taylor / Colton McKivitz
RT Mike McGlinchey / Abraham Lucas
TE George Kittle / Cary Angeline / Ross Dwelley / Charlie Woerner
SWR Jalen Hurd / Jaelon Darden
WRZ Deebo Samuel / Richie James

LE Arik Armstead / Patrick Jones II / Kentavius Street
DT Kevin Givens / Glen Logan
NT Javon Kinlaw / Lorenzo Neal Jr
RE Nick Bosa / Patrick Johnson / Jordan Willis
SLB Azeez Al-Shaair / Mark Nzeocha
MIK Fred Warner / Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
WIL Dre Greenlaw
LC Eric Stokes / Blidi Wreh-Wilson
SS Jimmy Ward / Marcelino Ball
FS Tarvarius Moore / Jared Mayden
NC Ar'Darius Washington / Ken Webster
RC Emmanuel Moseley / Elijah Molden

K Robbie Gould
P Mitch Wishnowsky
LS Thomas Fletcher
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Jan 2, 2021 at 8:17 PM ]
A+ for effort and detail!

But heck no to Darnold!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
This was like only guy in the office over the holiday break type of detail
Originally posted by 49erminion:
A+ for effort and detail!

But heck no to Darnold!

Well is Darnold or Garoppolo since I think are the only two options: A) fix Darnold with a good OL and talent around him hoping he gets a good season while still playing on his rookie contract or B) keep Garoppolo with a reduced salary to bring talent at OL plus quality depth on the roster but still taking a rookie QB to groom. I change it with later option (keep Jimmy).
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Jan 1, 2021 at 12:40 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Love the time and effort put in to this. But that QB situation is dreadful.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yes it sucks. You might wonder why I choose this and the reasons are: 49ers don't have good QB available to take without throwing lots of money and/or trading for a QB.

Stafford and Wentz won't be cheap on their contract and mostly Lions and Eagles won't give them without a huge draft picks compensation.

Trubisky might go back to Chicago and Brissett gonna be locked to be bridge QB/safety blanket backup for Colts.

Zach Wilson won't pass the Jets. Fields,Jones and Lance with a good combine can lock their status and won't pass 12th spot also Lions and Falcons might want to think about future QB grooming but keeping their vet passer just to have an insurance. Also there are teams like Former-skins and Pats need passer so they gonna leap frog to top 10 for a QB.
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Jan 1, 2021 at 4:12 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yes it sucks. You might wonder why I choose this and the reasons are: 49ers don't have good QB available to take without throwing lots of money and/or trading for a QB.

Stafford and Wentz won't be cheap on their contract and mostly Lions and Eagles won't give them without a huge draft picks compensation.

Trubisky might go back to Chicago and Brissett gonna be locked to be bridge QB/safety blanket backup for Colts.

Zach Wilson won't pass the Jets, Fields,Jones and Lance with a good combine can lock their status and won't pass 12th spot also Lions and Falcons might want to think about future QB grooming but keeping their vet passer just to have an insurance. Also there are teams like Former-skins and Pats need passer so they gonna leap frog to top 10 for a QB.

It's a lot better now that you kept Jimmy G as opposed to trading for Sam Darnold.
Yessss someone finally recognizes we need help at IOL

it'd be a dream but I don't see any team trading anything more than a 6th or 7th rounder for a well known broken down dee Ford
Originally posted by stefano89:

it'd be a dream but I don't see any team trading anything more than a 6th or 7th rounder for a well known broken down dee Ford

✔️ changed it

Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Originally posted by stefano89:

✔️ changed it

Lol is this a forum collaborative mock? Good idea
I don't think DB coach Tony Oden leaves, I believe he takes over as DC if 49ers hire internally. Demeco Ryans doesn't have enough experience to be promoted to DC.

I like that you draft a CB in the first round but I think Stokes is a low 1 for CB. I think 49ers will get Caleb Farley or Jayce Horn if they pick between 12-14. 49ers should look at picking up a QB midround to develop and Desmond Ridder is worthy of that pick. He's a dual threat QB with a live arm that can sit behind Jimmy and learn the game.
Letting Hyder walk is bad idea, moving AA outside also a bad idea. Why would anyone in their right mind trade for Ford? Even a 6th rounder is too much considering it will be for zero games played (even if it is the Bengals). Can't get behind Ridder. Tired of dart throws at QB. QBS drafted after R1 fail at over 90% over last five year....Hurts and Prescott only exceptions.

Great detail and lots of work though.
sounds like a very ideal scenario, and lots of good moves. But if I'm the Bengals, I don't know why I'd trade anything for Dee Ford on his bum knee and that big contract, personally speaking.

Still though, if Lynch can pull all this off, get two very good OL in the free agency, and have Trent Williams, Warner, and Garappolo on the roster, he really should be executive of the year.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Jan 2, 2021 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by ScoutyMclueN:
I don't think DB coach Tony Oden leaves, I believe he takes over as DC if 49ers hire internally. Demeco Ryans doesn't have enough experience to be promoted to DC.

I like that you draft a CB in the first round but I think Stokes is a low 1 for CB. I think 49ers will get Caleb Farley or Jayce Horn if they pick between 12-14. 49ers should look at picking up a QB midround to develop and Desmond Ridder is worthy of that pick. He's a dual threat QB with a live arm that can sit behind Jimmy and learn the game.

I love what I read about Demeco. Personally my first option was Raheem Morris but the whispers around league say Morris might stay in Atlanta. Gus Bradley could go with Saleh since both are very close. Oden and Kocurek might leave because other teams have the chance for interviews and current teams can't block them.

I picked Stokes because of 49ers gonna trade down to a team around the 19-24 who looking for a OT or DE and Farley and Horn are gone at that range.

Also liked what I saw of Ridder. If he is there to take at that pick (Bears 3rd round), can be groomed by Shanahan and get behind Garoppolo.
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Jan 2, 2021 at 8:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone