LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Social Distanced Mock 2.0

Last shot for 2020

TRADES:
-#31 and #156 plus 2021 4th (should be late) to Indy for #44 and #75. Indy takes Love at 31.
-Breida to Jacksonville for #157
-Goodwin to NE for #172
-#172 and #176 to ATL for #134

SF picks R1:13, R2:44, R3:75, R4:134, R5:157, R6:210, R7:217, R7:245

#13: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma. Actually gimme any of the big three here.
#44: Justin Madubuike, DL, Texas A&M. Penetrating 3T, Immediate contributor on the DL.
#75: Jonah Jackson, IOL, Ohio State. Sr Bowl Standout. played guard and center in college, versatile, solid in both run and pass blocking, high football IQ.
#134: Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa. Excellent zone CB. Willng tackler. Good fit.
#157: Lynn Bowden, Jr, OW, Kentucky. Versatile weapon. Played QB and WR at Kentucky. This is my flex spot, could be Gibson or Duvernay. Fine with any.
#210: RonDell Carter, DE, JMU. Diamond mining here. Scheduled to meet with SF before the crisis. 23.5 sacks in three seasons.
#217: Blake Lynch, LB/S/WR, Baylor. Uber versatile player for Baylor, played LB last year in Baylor's 3-3-5 defense. Also played WR and S.
#245 Tra Minter, RB, South Alabama. 5'9" 200. Explosive athlete, ran 4.37 at virtual pro day. Excellent KR/PR flexibilty.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 22, 2020 at 8:37 PM ]
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
That Indy trade is terrible, why we giving so much?
It's math. Not a terrible trade. Look at the numbers: #31 is worth 600, SF #156 is worth 28, late 4th is worth 38. For Indy #44 is worth 460, #76 is 215. That equals 675.

SF gives 666
Indy gives 675.

SF still getting better deal according to trade value chart.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 23, 2020 at 6:45 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I like the selection of players you project in this mock draft. Lamb + Samuel + Kittle is a nice trio. Hurd, Bourne, and Pettis could amplify the passing attack if they continue to take the next step.

I get you want to address the 3T position, and Madubuike is a good fit for that role. I do wonder who else you project to be on the board at #44, especially at OL and CB. Do we think we need to address 3T early if we have Thomas, Street, and Taylor that could play at that spot?

Jackson and Ojemudia are good value selections. Bowden could be a replacement for James/Taylor AND McKinnon. Samuel, Hurd, and Bowden adds wrinkles to our O.

Good late round selections. However, I don't see how we end up with 0 TE draft picks at the end of this draft. Unless we acquire a TE from TB or CLE, I think we'll be walking away with a Day 3 selection at that spot.

Overall, the players, selections, and trade all seem reasonable. Nice mock pre-game before the big day tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!
Originally posted by GEEK:
I like the selection of players you project in this mock draft. Lamb + Samuel + Kittle is a nice trio. Hurd, Bourne, and Pettis could amplify the passing attack if they continue to take the next step.

I get you want to address the 3T position, and Madubuike is a good fit for that role. I do wonder who else you project to be on the board at #44, especially at OL and CB. Do we think we need to address 3T early if we have Thomas, Street, and Taylor that could play at that spot?

Jackson and Ojemudia are good value selections. Bowden could be a replacement for James/Taylor AND McKinnon. Samuel, Hurd, and Bowden adds wrinkles to our O.

Good late round selections. However, I don't see how we end up with 0 TE draft picks at the end of this draft. Unless we acquire a TE from TB or CLE, I think we'll be walking away with a Day 3 selection at that spot.

Overall, the players, selections, and trade all seem reasonable. Nice mock pre-game before the big day tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your feedback.

I see your point with Madubuike. I'm not sure I want to count on Thomas, Taylor, or Street. I think Madubuike can step in immediately and push those guys. Although it does seem to odd to keep drafting DL, but they did lose a big piece of that DLine.

As far as other available at 44. The 5 top tackles are gone, Jackson may be there, not crazy about him. Is it too early or late for Cleveland or Hunt?

As far as CB at 44, I think all the second tier guys are about gone (Fulton, Diggs, Terrell, Gladney and Johnson.) Igbinoghene and Hall could be around.

I think it came down value, the 3rd-4th ranked 3T, versus the 7th-9th ranked CB or OT.

I did want to get a TE in there, I like Harrison Bryant out of FAU, no idea where to slot him.

That was my thought process at least.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 22, 2020 at 10:18 PM ]
I think its a great mock! Well done!

Both WR's are immediate upgrades and we get a upgrade on the IOL and a rotational DL to mix into our stacked line. I really like it
Nice job! Love all the guys you went after...I would have liked a TE added in there somewhere, it sounds like they will be adding one.

Draft day
Originally posted by irishluder:
I think its a great mock! Well done!

Both WR's are immediate upgrades and we get a upgrade on the IOL and a rotational DL to mix into our stacked line. I really like it

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nice job! Love all the guys you went after...I would have liked a TE added in there somewhere, it sounds like they will be adding one.

Draft day

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

NY, I do like Harrison Bryant as a TE, he's not yet the blocker they like but he improved this year. No idea where to slot him R4-R6?

Draft day.
Share 49ersWebzone